What's new

Suitcases??

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Wow. They really did a number on that one! I've pounded mine back into shape many times with one of those rubber mallets. Red tip on one side, black on the other. Got it at Sears.

My case has the older type latches. Not a TSA model. Extra latches on each end will definitely make it stronger.

Hartmann luggage I'm telling ya. I fly six months a yr and am approaching 10 yrs with the same garment bag and 25" as well as the carry on. One time I had to stop by a factory store because a wheel wasn't tracking properly. With a ten yr warranty the guy working handed me a new carry on with no questions asked. My wife has a pretty nice set of samsonite (not the TJ max kind) and although she doesn't travel as much its held up nicely as well. To the poster who's case was destroyed I understand. I watch the luggage guys in Boston throwing suitcases like it was an Olympic sport.

Well just an update...my Zero Halliburton is demo'd pretty much....took them 3 trips to kill it...i swear its like a challenge to these people to see how much damadge they can do per flight.....bent the frame so bad that the lock wont go inside the suitcase. View attachment 830341 View attachment 830342 View attachment 830343
Wow, that damage is worthy of one those inside investigations. A setup to send some bags through the system loaded up with accelerometers, GPS tractors, tiny cameras, etc. to figure out what is going on.

That is not incidental damage, looks like it was dropped out of the airplane cargo hole instead of being transported down an elevated conveyor belt. Or more likely it fell many feet inside the airport baggage handling system. And then ran over by speeding forklift.

Departure | City in the Sky | PBS was interesting documentary about air travel that I watched early this year. The part describing the operation of luggage handling at a large airport was one of the more interesting parts. It is hard to contrast that sophisticated luggage handling operation with this suitcase damage. This damage looks more like the end result of a Dave Letterman dropping it off the top of the Ed Sullivan Theater.

Any Osprey or Eagle Creek brand suitcase as they have a lifetime warranty.

I have both an Osprey and an Eagle Creek, they have made numerous trips around the United Stayes and six trips to Africa over the course of 4 years and they are still looking great and working like the day I bought them.

Wow, that damage is worthy of one those inside investigations. A setup to send some bags through the system loaded up with accelerometers, GPS tractors, tiny cameras, etc. to figure out what is going on.

That is not incidental damage, looks like it was dropped out of the airplane cargo hole instead of being transported down an elevated conveyor belt. Or more likely it fell many feet inside the airport baggage handling system. And then ran over by speeding forklift.

Departure | City in the Sky | PBS was interesting documentary about air travel that I watched early this year. The part describing the operation of luggage handling at a large airport was one of the more interesting parts. It is hard to contrast that sophisticated luggage handling operation with this suitcase damage. This damage looks more like the end result of a Dave Letterman dropping it off the top of the Ed Sullivan Theater.
Yah all its missing is the tire tracks on it....i swear the baggage handlers must have an internal damage award system for the worst and most damaged suitcases in a year.....

I have both an Osprey and an Eagle Creek, they have made numerous trips around the United Stayes and six trips to Africa over the course of 4 years and they are still looking great and working like the day I bought them.
I wish i could go Osprey but i have equipement that needs to be protected beyond the softside type luggage.....but yet it still need to be under the weight limits.

Ok gonna give this Pelican a try....if this doesnt do it im going to just ship my stuff instead....
20171024_165558.jpg

Top Bottom