What's new

titanium safety razor

Anyone lucky (rich) enough to own a titanium razor? I mean the whole razor and not just the handle. Don't even know who makes them. I know Wolfman does and this new company Paradigm. Just wondering how it shaves and if there is a real advantage over stainless steel or aluminum. RR just announced they will be coming out with TI razors soon. No date, but price under $100.

If you want durability and lightweight, than Ti is a good metal. It will not dent as easily as aluminum. But at the current price tag of nearly $400, I will pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not here. Not sure I would do that even if it were in the budget. Titanium won't shave any better than nickle plated brass.

It is just a razor after all. Obviously titanium is lighter than stainless...but....it is just a razor. The design of the head and quality of workmanship has far more impact on the shave experience than the metal its made of.

I wouldn't turn away a Wolfman in Ti if offered to me but I feel titanium razors really push the envelope of diminishing returns when it comes to how much I'll invest in a razor.

Or a Ruthenium, Palladium, Iridium De razor. It's becoming a marketing ploy now days. It has absolutely nothing to do with the shave at all.

A $400 Titanium DE is a pretty good hustle if guys fall for it. Be wary gents.

I suppose that if you like a lightweight razor that is also very durable then titanium would be a good choice, but I can't think of any other benefits except for the "wow, that's made of titanium" factor.

Or a Ruthenium, Palladium, Iridium De razor. It's becoming a marketing ploy now days. It has absolutely nothing to do with the shave at all.

+1 Not a better shaver, just bragging rights. I'm still waiting for one in solid gold, with a diamond studded handle! Then I can walk around going - :001_tt2:

I wouldn't turn away a Wolfman in Ti if offered to me but I feel titanium razors really push the envelope of diminishing returns when it comes to how much I'll invest in a razor.

+1. I actually prefer the weight of SS, but this is YMMV for sure!

This is why i never understood why some stainless steel razors are $400+ :eek:/ If it's a collector's piece, Or rare item, I can understand. A modern DE SS Razor, I really don't get it.

SS Solid Handles can be found as cheap as $20, So how can a SS handle and Head go to $400? No Craftsmanship can justify that price, Unless it is flawlessly carved by hand, which i doubt anyone can do with SS.

There's only so much you can do around a double edge blade. Plenty of vendors push high margin merchandise but as consumers it's sometimes hard to stomach some of these more blatant offerings.

I own a RazoRock Ti Baby Smooth. It cost me only $100.

It is the only Ti razor that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but it's being produced in small batches and sells out quick.

It is one of my best shavers: I love the weight, how mild yet how efficient it is, and how it will never rust even if I leave wet blades in it.

Honestly, I would have probably been as happy with a SS Baby Smooth, and would never spend more or go out of my way to get Ti.

I'm curious about the Ti Timeless razor, but will most likely get both a SS head and Ti head just to compare, and maybe resell the one I don't prefer.

Last edited:
I love the Ti Baby Smooth as well. I personally don't see any difference in shave quality between my Titanium & Aluminum Baby Smooths. Just goes to show (at least to me) it's the design and not the material that matters in a shave. The Ti is priced right.

Here's the $400 Paradigm. Nothing special other than being all titanium. I'm happier with my stainless razors.
IMG_5022.JPG

Top Bottom