Votes: 43 74.1%
  • Shave Creams

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I'm Switzerland I use and like both equally

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greetings B&B and Welcome to our Latest Episode of B&B Radio
Will we finally determine which is better????
Shave Soaps or Shave Creams?
You be the Judge.

Also in this episode: News and Events, Mail Call, and More, including the Broadcast Premiere of Above the Tie Razor & More's Promotional Spot

We hope you enjoy, and please tell us how we did both here and on our YouTube page.

Thanks for Watching!!

15 shaves out cream, but 15 good quality smelling cream shaves vs the soap...the soap will lose smell and quality due to constantly being exposed to air . The cream stays contained in tube which preserves the product better.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The safety razor of the month is the new....... the new what? :001_tongu

I'll play the home version of the soap-v-cream debate game.....

Why should I use shave creams instead of shave soaps?
- Because you're young and foolish and don't know any better. You probably also think Taco Bell is real Mexican food.

What are the benefits of using shave soap as opposed to shave cream?
- It's soap and not cream, duh! Plus you can huck it at home invaders to drive them away. Getting hit in the head with a triple milled puck sure hurts a lot more than getting *sploop*d with a dollop of cream. Beyond the issue of personal safety, no traveler has ever ever complained that the puck of soap in their luggage has ever exploded and made a mess of everything.

Why are creams easier to use and more economical than soaps?
- Bwaaahahahahhaaaa. See answer to question-1, you silly boy.

Conclusion: Me likey soaps. ....... and you should too. :thumbsup:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
upload_2017-6-26_11-40-41.png

- Because you're young and foolish and don't know any better. You probably also think Taco Bell is real Mexican food.

- It's soap and not cream, duh! Plus you can huck it at home invaders to drive them away. Getting hit in the head with a triple milled puck sure hurts a lot more than getting *sploop*d with a dollop of cream. Beyond the issue of personal safety, no traveler has ever ever complained that the puck of soap in their luggage has ever exploded and made a mess of everything.

And let me present Exhibit A to the debate.

15 shaves out cream, but 15 good quality smelling cream shaves vs the soap...the soap will lose smell and quality due to constantly being exposed to air . The cream stays contained in tube which preserves the product better.

Thanks for watching alex and for standing up for your belief!!!

Interesting take on it

Taco Bell is real Mexican food in TN

ROFL

So only space Aleins use Soaps??

And let me present Exhibit A to the debate.

Uh..... so far it is 1 to 1 Chad. Poll will be going up today and last till July 9th This is going to be fun, LOL

Thanks for watching everybody!

Another great show Dave!
@cvargo Chad and @Smattayu Eric good debate! Enjoyed the banter!

As to the Cream vs Soaps, really it's your shave, use what ever works for you.
I started with creams, because I thought they were easier to lather, and I still contend that it Proraso cream it a great way to learn. Hard to screw it up.
But hey I do like soaps, I probably use soaps more now, just because that is what I've been ordering more of.

Oh Mr. Fiddy.... why close the poll??? It should be public so we know who to shame I mean have open discussion with on who is voting the wrong I mean how they feel way.

Soaps 4 Life

although, having used Xpec and Baume.be, creams can be good.

Still, as a former soap steward I have to represent.

Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps

Creams are for newbs who haven't figured out how to lather soaps yet. Creams are like training wheels for wet shavers. All true traditionalists have graduated to Soaps!

Soaps have better scents, better face feel, and give better shaves. Yeah, it might take a little longer to lather.... but it's worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every cream I've used required more product with less performance for some reason.

Exhibit B

Shaving soaps rule, last longer, and rarely go bad.

Exhibit C

Soaps 4 Life

Still, as a former soap steward I have to represent.

Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps Soaps

Exhibit D with some minor editing.

Creams are for newbs who haven't figured out how to lather soaps yet. Creams are like training wheels for wet shavers. All true traditionalists have graduated to Soaps!

Soaps have better scents, better face feel, and give better shaves. Yeah, it might take a little longer to lather.... but it's worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhibit E

hmmmmmmmmm......

I used to think creams were for people who were not as gud as me at spelling and lathering.

But then I spent the last 6 months using good, not so good and great creams. I'd put the lather of the great (AoS, Castle Forbes) in the same ballpark as some great soaps, and ahead of many.
My gold standard soap is Mystic Water. Nothing else matches, but some come close.

Soaps lose their scent over a much faster period than a cream.
Creams lather easily (Casswell Massey excepted)
Many soaps and creams fail to live up to their scent expectations (e.g. Razorock XX soap, GFT cream)
Creams lather more quickly - but only by about 30 seconds to a minute depending on the soap.
MW Michelle doesn't make creams
Creams can separate in the tube if stored badly.
Soaps can be more cost effective compared to DRH or Trumpers.
Creams can be more cost effective if you're happy with Proraso, La Toja, Derby, Arko and a bazillion others.

I don't think I'm quite Switzerland - if I could have only one it would be soap. But I will happily and gladly use both.

Top Bottom