What's new

Timeless Master Kit

Quick follow-up to my short review of my first shave with this razor: After 14 hours, I'm impressed with the longevity of my first close shave. I'll test it again tomorrow, but early results are extremely positive.

I have had my timeless for a week now and it is with out a doubt the smooooothoest razor i have ever used. With that being said I have the .68 sb and I get very good shaves but not baby smooth. I even did a 4 pass plus touch ups and it was a great shave no irritation but not as close of a shave as I can get with other razors. It is a great every day razor. I shaved yesterday in 5 min(fast) and no problems, that is not possible for me with most razors. I agree with some others on here that would like to see a .82 from timeless. Happy shaves to all!! SMURF

I've shaved with my Timeless 68 twice now, and both shaves have been excellent: super smooth and free of any weepers or irritation. The razor itself feels great in the hand: very heavy, with lots of auditory feedback. I love the barber pole handle: the cross-hatches make it much grippier than the other barber pole style handles I've used.

timeless_02.jpg

I have had my timeless for a week now and it is with out a doubt the smooooothoest razor i have ever used. With that being said I have the .68 sb and I get very good shaves but not baby smooth. I even did a 4 pass plus touch ups and it was a great shave no irritation but not as close of a shave as I can get with other razors. It is a great every day razor. I shaved yesterday in 5 min(fast) and no problems, that is not possible for me with most razors. I agree with some others on here that would like to see a .82 from timeless. Happy shaves to all!! SMURF

You must have Brillo like hair! :001_tt2: Mine is very coarse and I get BBS even with a .68!

You must have Brillo like hair! :001_tt2: Mine is very coarse and I get BBS even with a .68!
That's about right and it's pretty thick too. I can get it baby smooth with my Rockwell 6s though. I do like the timeless for it's crazy smoothness and it's great looks. I am going to try it with a heavier handle on Tuesday.
Smurf

Timeless makes a very nice razor, I enjoyed it when I had one. But there's two things I wish they'd improve on. First is the polishing under the razor cap, now doesn't have to be Wolfman level, but they should improve it especially given the price not just leave it untreated. Second is their handles need more polishing, at least when I bought mine the handle wasn't really polished and looked off with the polished head, had more of a satin look to it. A razor that cost this much really should be flawless, something I got with Wolfman, Blackbird and Charcoal Goods. Also, as a suggestion for the guys at Timeless, make a hole on the bottom on your stands, incase water is left on the handle it has somewhere to go. They shave great and do look very nice but equally priced razor are better finished imho

Timeless makes a very nice razor, I enjoyed it when I had one. But there's two things I wish they'd improve on. First is the polishing under the razor cap, now doesn't have to be Wolfman level, but they should improve it especially given the price not just leave it untreated. Second is their handles need more polishing, at least when I bought mine the handle wasn't really polished and looked off with the polished head, had more of a satin look to it. A razor that cost this much really should be flawless, something I got with Wolfman, Blackbird and Charcoal Goods. Also, as a suggestion for the guys at Timeless, make a hole on the bottom on your stands, incase water is left on the handle it has somewhere to go. They shave great and do look very nice but equally priced razor are better finished imho

These are good points. My only disappointment, however, given that I don't care much about what's under the hood, my handle seems flawless, and I didn't buy a stand, is that I received the razor with the head very tightly screwed onto the handle, and there were marks on the bottom of the base plate where the top of the handle scraped. I know it was going to happen anyway, but I would have liked to do it myself.

Setting aside the aesthetics, I love this razor. I'm in the early honeymoon period, only having used it twice, but I already completely understand its attraction as a shaving tool. I enjoy blade-forward (aka "aggressive") razors, mostly because they make me feel awake in the morning and they provide very close, long-lasting shaves. This is the first "mild" razor, even with a .95 blade gap and open comb, that gives me the kind of shave I've come to expect. My aggressive razors have competition. Although I may need an extra cup of coffee to wake me up whenever I use the Timeless.

Shave 4 coming tonight. It will be with the .95, needed to wait one more day to have the same growth as the first one with the .68. This trial will be as consistent as possible with Sudsy Soapery and for the first shave my Wolf Whisker.

Razor: Timeless .95 OC
Blade: 7 o'clock Black (1)
Brush: Wolf Whisker TGN Finest
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Peppermint and Lavender

So I made sure to have the same amount of growth as the first shave with the .68. I like using aggressive razors as they tend to be more efficient most of the time and the shaves last longer than my EJ 89.

Well this .95 head is aggressive that for sure, however really no more aggressive than some of my other razors. I think that the efficiency is where I see the difference. It is a very smooth shave compared to my other sharp razors. This razor isn't too much for me however, just seems unnecessary. I don't mean that in a negative way, but I can get the same shave with the .68 and not have to be quite as careful. I think you could get to that with the aggressive head. The speed at which you have to shave to have a blood free shave is a little slower that you would want, so it wouldn't be a daily driver for anyone that had to shave quickly most times.

I am going to give this a few more tries however, due to the efficiency of the .68 and the fact that the shave last longer than all my other razors and not much less than the .95.

Blade: 7 o'clock Black (2)
Brush: Stirling Kong
Aftershave: Cryogen (to mix it up)

So I had a busy week last week and went 72 hours without a shave so I wanted to text .95 and .68 back to back with 3 day growth. I can say that this proves everyone's point and assumption that the .68 is enough. You don't really need anymore aggressiveness due the effective nature of this razor.

Now 1 1/2 of a day later I still have a SSA shave that doesn't feel much different. I may have been able to tell that I needed to shave 3 or 4 hours earlier than with the .95. To me that isn't really worth the extra time and car you have to exercise with that razor head. Tonight I want to get a .95 shave with in the 18 to 24 hours I normally wait between shaves.

Thankfully I have been afforded more time with this razor and now that I have a good feel with it I will start also changing up the set up, with different blades, soaps, and aftershaves.

Blade: 7 o'clock Black (3)
Brush: Stirling Kong
Aftershave: Proraso Green

I gave the wrong information on the last shave I had just done back to back .68 and .95 with 3 days growth. Last night with the day and a half I used the .95 head.

This is such a close shave I always have a problem on the right side of my chin and right side under my chin on the jawline. This razor keeps it smoother longer with a little skin stretching however, it gives me a little irritation. I love that the BBS this gives but the speed at which I have to shave to make sure that I don't have irritation, I can just get one more pass with the .68 in less time with no irritation.

The efficiency of both of these razor heads is amazing. The last 3 shaves made my decision for me and the .68 is the winner. All my other shaves will test with different blades and soaps now that I have a good feel for the over feel of this razor and what it takes to get a great shave with it.

I used aggressive razors for years mainly because I liked the finished product. I put up with the less comfortable shaves only because of the end result. The nice thing about the Timeless .68 razor is that I can get the same close shave but the entire process is so much more comfortable. I don't have to tolerate the shave in order to get the result I want.

I have been using a Timeless razor for just over 3 weeks now. I ordered the 0.68 scalloped baseplate with the pineapple handle and scalloped head. It give me such a great shave. A week later I ordered the 0.95 OC baseplate. While I did manage some good shaves with it, it did require more concentration and effort than the 0.68 scalloped baseplate and my skin was definitely more raw. Might be due more to my experience level. I can be somewhat lazy with the 0.68 and it doesn't bite. I returned the 0.95 OC to Timeless and have a 0.68 OC coming in return. I am anxious to compare the scalloped base to the OC base. I am glad to have found this razor so early on my wet shaving adventure. I have the razor; now I can spend my money on accumulating and using soaps and creams which is much cheaper!

Razor: Timeless .68 OC
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Brush: Wolf Whisker TGN Finest
Soap: L&L After The Rain
Aftershave: Floid Vigaroso

Now that I have decided that I would go with the .68 the shaves will all be with that. I also, thought that do to this revelation I would start switching up the soaps and giving some different reviews based around that.

Quick Note: Won't do a full soap review here I will save @dfoulk and a few others got me onto Sudsy Soapery and L&L in the passaround and though I like the Sudsy just a bit more after the shave the L&L has some extra scents that I like and it may preform just a bit better in the shave not a whole lot different after. Wholly Kaw is all that is left to try.

Back to the shave. A while ago I didn't my tests on blades and narrowed it down to 7 o'clock Blacks, GSB, and Polsilver. It felt good to go back to the Polsilver as that was the quickest I had gotten to BBS with the same lack of irritation with this Timeless. The shave was even more smooth than it had been feeling and with one extra pass I was able to have the same BBS the .95 gets with no irritation.

I don't feel like I would buy a razor for over $100 without trying it so this test afforded me a great opportunity. I probably won't be able to try some of the other high end razors and this one just seems like it would be tough to beat.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hi all. Great read here. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed any tea stains or rust with the timeless? I'm very seriously eyeing this but am concerned about this issue that's developed in another brand I have. Thanks in advance to feedback.

Had both .68 Scalloped base and .95 OC. Returned the .95. Thinking about .68 OC. Not because I think the feel will be different but because I liked the way the .95 OC left a lot of residual lather behind on the strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the Weber Wave Handle is awesome with the Timeless. If I do get the second plate I'll get a another Scalloped cap as well. Want to send the razor off to Delta Echo and need a backup while it's gone. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom