What's new

Timeless Master Kit

The R41 is also Zamak. So the guys that really love that razor sometimes buy multiple heads and put them aside. The reason I don't own a Futur is the same reason I don't own an R41.

Be patient and try the Timeless.

Ahh so much to learn. I will take your advice!

Ahh so much to learn. I will take your advice!

If you would like to try a razor that's non zamack and Is highly aggressive, but is lower in price, I would recommend a Fatip. Can be had for under $40, is brass, and is petty aggressive ( not as much as the R41 but more than most razors).

I would recommend getting a Timeless or ATT as both will last a lifetime and both give you the option to change plates to your aggression preference. And both are pretty simple to trade plates with either the vendor or on BST

So the Timeless and soap samples are packed up and will hopefully be shipped out tomorrow. The last few days, I've been shaving with the .68 scalloped base, and the Timeless handle and cap. As I noted before, I've had very nice shaves, with the scalloped, but I can discern a difference between it and the SB.

It's likely that I'll purchase a Timeless after the annual sabbatical, but will have to decide between the two .68 bases that I've been going back and forth on. In the end, it comes down to form vs. function. Should I go for the best shave or give up a little on the shave for the more aesthetically pleasing plate? I have 8 months or so to think about it (along with the question of barber pole vs. pineapple vs. dimpled handle and polished vs. matte finish)....

I hope everyone enjoys the razor as much as I did. I was skeptical about whether a razor could be that much better than I have been using. But this one seems to be.

So the Timeless and soap samples are packed up and will hopefully be shipped out tomorrow. The last few days, I've been shaving with the .68 scalloped base, and the Timeless handle and cap. As I noted before, I've had very nice shaves, with the scalloped, but I can discern a difference between it and the SB.

It's likely that I'll purchase a Timeless after the annual sabbatical, but will have to decide between the two .68 bases that I've been going back and forth on. In the end, it comes down to form vs. function. Should I go for the best shave or give up a little on the shave for the more aesthetically pleasing plate? I have 8 months or so to think about it (along with the question of barber pole vs. pineapple vs. dimpled handle and polished vs. matte finish)....

I hope everyone enjoys the razor as much as I did. I was skeptical about whether a razor could be that much better than I have been using. But this one seems to be.

Nice reviews- glad you enjoyed it so much

Sorry guys for the late post. I picked up the razor this morning at the Post Office. I am excited to try it in the morning and see how this goes. I will give some honest reviews after I have tried it. Thanks again David for letting me try this out.

There are a lot of ravings about the timeless razors and I was prepared to like it myself based on all the reviews I have been reading. Well that didn't happen. I don't like this razor...I love it. David...why did you put me on your list? :001_cool:

Pre-shave: Jojoba Oil
Brush: Eric @Smattayu 24 mm APCo Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless Razor - Solid Bar Base Plate (.68 gap) with Smooth Cap
Blade: Polsilver SI (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Myrrh
Aftershave #1: Thayer's Medicated Witch Hazel
Aftershave #2: Myrsol Antesol

I wanted to get two shaves out of the razor and exactly the same way. There is a lot to this razor and understated is not one of them. I really though to myself...can a razor that expensive really be all that different than all the others? I assure you...it can. I don't want to say that this razor can do your taxes, feed the hungry, or cure cancer...these I am sure it cannot do. At the end of the day...it shaves. But I believe that all the little things that this razor does, you might not have thought of with a perfectly capable Super Adjustable, Slim, Fatboy, Mekur, Ikon, etc, etc, etc. All of the little differences that make that shave just that much better total, a very luxurious shave.

Before I get on to the shave, I need to comment the basic appearance of the razor and it's presentation. From the first glance at the box I knew this razor was going to be different. It seems that makers of shaving gear (soaps, aftershaves, blades, razors, etc.) don't spend a ton of time on presentation. Timeless has nailed it. The box is a beautiful Navy Blue box that is very high quality. Inside the razor is suspended in protecting foam and each piece is separated to prohibit damage. It is just a beautiful thing.

The razor is such a heavy piece of metal. I really wasn't expecting that kind of heft. I have a few Stainless Steel razor handles and I was kind of anticipating something along those lings...I could not be more wrong. It seems that Timeless took a solid block of Stainless Steel and carved each piece of the razor out of one of those blocks.

The detail on the razor is beautiful. I love the Barber Pole designed handle. The specifications between each etching is so precise and detailed. It is almost a work of art unto itself. The knurling, while designed beautifully, is also probably more functional than other razors I have tried. One is able to keep an exceptional grip on things. The other caps and base plates are also very detailed and beautiful, but I will comment on those when I shave with them.

I wanted to start off with what would be considered probably the Timeless version of a "vanilla" shave. Of course there was nothing basic about it. Yesterday's shave, I literally let the weight of the razor do all the work and I kept probably the lightest touch in a shave I have ever had. I got a pretty darn good shave...not BBS, but very acceptable. Since I had a better idea of how this razor performs, I was able to get a BBS shave the second time around (this morning).

I am very impressed so far with this razor and I am looking forward to the different combinations. So far...this might be the best razor I have shaved with...just exceptional. Tomorrow I will try a different set up and keep the same setup the following day. I will let you all know how things go. Thanks David again for this very unique chance.

I love my Timeless it gives me a smooth shave no matter what baseplate I use. The only problem is once you try one that's it you compare everything else to it because it is soooo good.

I've been back at shaving with my current razors for the past week and I'm feeling better about the few I've used. So far, I've just returned to 2 or 3 of my top performers. I am still able to get the same shaves as the Timeless - or even a little closer - but they're certainly not as smooth as the Timeless.

Vicarious shaving thrills. Who knew? Out of my range, but fun to read about.
Glad to see all the Sudsy Soapery love. My favorite soap so far.

Been following this thread and it is Killing me with Rad. Don you are cruel, here I thought you were going to save me but NOOOOOO, you pull the whole "I don't like it......I love it" scam!!!

As I said way back in this thread:
The Timeless Master Kit....
Sorry John...I think all the cruelty you have put me through...I think you are owed a bit!

For my third shave with the Timeless Master Kit, I went with the .68 scalloped base plate with the scalloped head. I also didn't shave yesterday so I had two days of growth.

Pre-shave: Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E
Brush: Eric @Smattayu 24 mm APCo Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped Base Plate (.68 gap) with Scalloped Cap
Blade: Polsilver SI (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint Shave Soap
Aftershave #2: Osage Rub
Aftershave Balm: Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint Aftershave Balm

I wanted to see what a .68 blade gap would do with my infamous thick growth. It did not disappoint. I went with the scalloped versions of the cap and base plate. As before, this razor is exceptionally smooth and very efficient. I even played some shaving acrobatics and did some maneuvers that I normally wouldn't have tried. I really fell like shouting at some one to "hold my beer and watch this!" In other words I was being a bit stupid and through cation to the wind. Yet...no blood. I either got lucky or this razor is so smooth that it knows when not to be sharp. Anyway...I got a great shave...and call me crazy, but I think it was smoother than with the straight bar.

A word about the soap and the aftershave balm. I already have Sudsy Soapery in two soaps (Jack Frost and Sandalwood & Myrrh). I have also tried the twice mint before and love the scent and how it feels. I was going to pass on the sampling of the soap part, but the scent got the best of me. Not only is Sudsy Soapery an extremely good soap...the Twice Mint version is a must buy for me. The scent is intoxicating and the performance and face feel on this soap is really one of the best if not the best.

The aftershave balm is also Sudsy Soapery in Twice Mint. I am not a balm kind of guy because they make me sweat and I usually don't like the way it feels. This is a little different as I think it might absorb into the skin a bit faster...but it still left my face feeling a little...thick. I may have put too much on...so I might give it another shot.

Anyway...I am loving the razor! I might go the rest of the weekend and try out the Open Comb Base Plate and the scalloped cap on Sunday (gotta shave for Mother's Day). I will let you all know how it works out. Thanks all for reading this!

Don

I broke out the big guns for Mothers' Day. I had to be nice and smooth so I reached for the .95 gap...wow! I got a nice close shave...but did I get too close?

Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24 mm fan brush
Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped Open Comb (.95 gap) with Scalloped Cap
Blade: Polsilver SI (2nd Shave)
Aftershave #2: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

It's really easy to let the weight of the razor do all the work for you. But somehow I managed to use too much pressure. But even though I gave myself a too close of a shave...the razor was as smooth as smooth could be. I really like the open comb option. But I would love to try the OC in the .68 gap. See, I like the .95, but I do think that it is probably a little more aggressive than I like. I almost wish there was something in between the .68 and the .95 base plates. I think this is why I would love to try the OC base plate in .68. Despite the overly close shave...I had a BBS shave...a BBS shave with a little razor burn.

I used the .68 Scalloped base plate this morning, but that review will be for later today. Have a great day gents!

I broke out the big guns for Mothers' Day. I had to be nice and smooth so I reached for the .95 gap...wow! I got a nice close shave...but did I get too close?

Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24 mm fan brush
Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped Open Comb (.95 gap) with Scalloped Cap
Blade: Polsilver SI (2nd Shave)
Aftershave #2: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

It's really easy to let the weight of the razor do all the work for you. But somehow I managed to use too much pressure. But even though I gave myself a too close of a shave...the razor was as smooth as smooth could be. I really like the open comb option. But I would love to try the OC in the .68 gap. See, I like the .95, but I do think that it is probably a little more aggressive than I like. I almost wish there was something in between the .68 and the .95 base plates. I think this is why I would love to try the OC base plate in .68. Despite the overly close shave...I had a BBS shave...a BBS shave with a little razor burn.

I used the .68 Scalloped base plate this morning, but that review will be for later today. Have a great day gents!

I hear you. I feel like the Timeless needs a middle of the road gap. They have a mild and an aggressive. Kind of like how ATT has M, R, and H.

Of course you could always do one extra pass with the .68 plate :)

I'm looking to get one of these. I currently us the 6 plate on my Rockwell 6s. Is the .95 plate more or less aggressive than that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I decided to go back to the .68 Scalloped base plate. Another really good shave.

Brush: Smattayu 24 mm APCo Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped base plate (.68 gap) with Scalloped Cap
Blade: Polsilver SI (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood
Aftershave #2: Barbasol Pacific Rush

Another excellent three pass shave today. It really is amazing at how smooth this razor is. I could go on about the shave but really how many times can we gush about a chunk of stainless steel. Okay we can probably go on a lot. But let's talk about the razor itself. The details on this razor...whether it is the handle, base plate, or cap...the details are amazing. And really, my thought on why this razor performs insanely well is not that it shaves great...but that it shave luxurious. So what does that mean. It means that when it comes down to it...I can get approximately the same shave from my Super Adjustable or my Post War Aristocrat. But what you don't get is the feel of the steel, the smoothness of the shave, etc. It's the details that make the shave great. I know I am not expressing myself that well here, but I hope you get what I am saying. Compare it to a vehicle...My Ford F-150 gets me around wherever I want to go. And it's reliable. I even really like it a lot. I have a lot of room, and I can do things with it. And then there is a BMW Alpina B7. It's sleek, it's sexy, it's fast and it is super comfortable. It gets me around in style and I am sooo comfortable driving it. By the way...I do not have a BMW Alpina B7...I can only dream. Both get you around...but the other one is more luxurious.

Anyway...I will try another shave in the morning. Have a great day!

Top Bottom