What's new

Timeless Master Kit

I mean...who doesn't like Coffee and Beignets...and soap? And how about pictures...yup...I finally got around to taking a pic of this wonderful razor.

Pre-shave: Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E
Brush: Smattayu 24 mm APCo Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped base plate (.68 gap) with Scalloped Cap
Blade: Polsilver SI (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Big Easy Soap & Tinctures - Cafe Orleans
Aftershave #1: Thayer's Lavender & Mint Witch Hazel
Aftershave #2: Big Easy Soap & Tinctures - Cafe Orleans

Big Easy Cafe Orleans SOTD.jpg

So another great shave today and I am wondering if this razor really has a negative side to it (other than the price tag that is). I know I keep going on about the little things on this razor, but I really do believe that the fine details are what the difference is between a great shave and a luxurious shave. I don't know if I have talked about the weight yet in this razor. It is HEAVY. I mean, you really know that you have a solid piece of metal in your hand. I picture in my mind that each piece of the razor was just a chunk metal that was chipped away...ground...detailed and polished. I picture Burly men with hammer and anvils...I picture Thor and Odin slinging lightning bolts and pounding their hammers! Okay I go a little overboard sometimes...but you get the idea.

The shave itself was exceptional. The great thing about the heft of the razor is that your shaves are very efficient. cutting away the thick cable like fibers the grow from your flesh. I had two days of growth this morning and a three pass shave gave me a BBS shave...even in places that I typically cant get that close. Anyway...I had fun with this morning's shave...yes...I said fun.

I know this isn't the thread for it...but since I mentioned it...a thing about the soap and aftershave. Big Easy Soap & Tinctures is a local artisan from around these parts. I scored a tub of his Cafe Orleans and and I finally wanted to try it. I know I am not supposed to change too many things while trying new things out...but if you know me, I can't keep to one thing too long. The soap is a tallow based soap that is "super-creamed" shea butter, cocoa butter, and kokum butter. The scent profile includes coffee, chocolate, hazelnut, and vanilla. The scent is actually pretty strong. This is the first time I used it...and so far I am very impressed. I will likely do a full review at some point around the site.

I hope all of you Ladies and Gents have a tremendous and wonderful day today!

I went with the Smooth Cap and the straight bar with the .68 gap this time. I had a really great shave.

Pre-shave: Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, and Vitamin E
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24 mm Fan
Razor: Timeless Razor - Straight Bar Smooth base plate (.68 gap) with Smooth Cap
Blade: Polsilver SI (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Aftershave #1: Thayer's Medicated Witch Hazel
Aftershave #2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Aftershave #3: Fine Santal Absolute

I had about 3 days worth of growth this morning from the weekend. Christian last week mentioned that I could do four passes with the .68 instead of three passes with the .95. I said what the heck...I'll give it a try. It might be the best shave I have ever had. Everything lined up just right this morning. I was careful to go light on the pressure. And it seems that between the soap, the extra growth, the extra passes, and the razor...the shave was the smoothest...period. It seems that four passes with the .68 gap is the sweet spot it seems.

I'm likely to get the razor out into the mail either tomorrow or Wednesday. I want to thank David again for lending this piece of shaving art. It was a real pleasure. I do think that in my future there just might be a place for a Timeless.

Well I could not resist any more. I ordered the. 68 SB and hope it will be here by Saturday. I hope it's as good as the reviews say it is. I love my Rockwell 6s and hope I love the timeless just as much. Can't wait to use it. Thanks a lot!!:a31: HaHa
Smurf

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it. Do keep in mind that the weight might take a little getting used to. I'd likely start out with one of the .68 plates first.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it. Do keep in mind that the weight might take a little getting used to. I'd likely start out with one of the .68 plates first.

I think I am going to do that! 3 days of growth on a .68 SB and then I will likely wait until Tuesday so that I can compare 3 days to 3 days. I love Aggressive but, based on the reviews may not need it in the long run. Should have a shave today or in the AM and a review soon after.

I got my .68 sb yesterday and it is beautiful. I had my first shave this evening. I had 2 days growth, the end result was good. I did three pass but had to do lots of clean up. It is a very smooth shaver. Does anyone think a longer handle would help with efficiency? I like the razor and hope it gets better. I'm sure it will with more use. Smurf

20170528_152452.jpg

Razor: Timeless .68 SB
Blade: 7 o'clock Black (1)
Brush: Wolf Whisker TGN Finest
Soap and Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint

And so it begins....So I was so excited to be included in this and since it went in the mail I have been waiting in anticipation for the impending shave. These reviews nailed it, this razor was made for the Gods and we mortals are lucky to handle it!:001_302:

Honestly though, this is the nicest razor that has ever been on my face. I have an EJ 89, Qshave, and Fat boy and this is just amazing, beyond comparison really. It got a closer shave than the 2 adjustables all the way up and was smoother than the EJ and I was wondering if that could occur.

I don't have a thick beard but it is coarse and with 4 days this razor probably gave me a SAS in one pass and BBS in 3 and a touch up. With the soap and this blade I had no irritation. I use alum after most shaves and it literally just glided across my face and was basically just there as it had nothing to do.

The heft of this blade is substantial as stated though balanced and if you take your time causes no problems. I have no issues with the channels as I flick all water off anyways. Only thing is that the head takes a little maneuvering under the nose and jawline due to size but, not as bad as the Qshave/Futur size razors.

I plan on a few more shaves with .68 on normal day or day and a half growth and then 3 or 4 days of growth with a new blade for the first .95!

Have Great Memorial Day! Thanks to all that served but remember those that lost their lives protecting ours!

I've been eyeballing the Timeless for more than six months, but held off until yesterday on the purchase due to concerns about whether it could provide a truly close shave. Perhaps it's my technique, but I've never gotten a BBS shave from a Slim set at 9, a Red Tip, a Barbasol Floating Head, a Wolfman open comb with a .74mm blade gap, an MMOC or many other "aggressive" razors. My go-tos are R41 2011, PAA DOC Evolution in stainless, Charcoal Goods Level 3 in open comb, ATT SE2, Ikon Tech, Asylum RX, Schick early E2 and ATT H2. I bought the .95 open comb with a scalloped head and pineapple handle, hoping that it can deliver the close, long-lasting shaves I expect. Tonight I read this thread for the first time to reinforce the "buy decision," and I'm not disappointed. You gents have given me faith that I'll enjoy this razor, even if it doesn't take over the lead from Charcoal Goods. Thanks for the great thread!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I've been eyeballing the Timeless for more than six months, but held off until yesterday on the purchase due to concerns about whether it could provide a truly close shave. Perhaps it's my technique, but I've never gotten a BBS shave from a Slim set at 9, a Red Tip, a Barbasol Floating Head, a Wolfman open comb with a .74mm blade gap, an MMOC or many other "aggressive" razors. My go-tos are R41 2011, PAA DOC Evolution in stainless, Charcoal Goods Level 3 in open comb, ATT SE2, Ikon Tech, Asylum RX, Schick early E2 and ATT H2. I bought the .95 open comb with a scalloped head and pineapple handle, hoping that it can deliver the close, long-lasting shaves I expect. Tonight I read this thread for the first time to reinforce the "buy decision," and I'm not disappointed. You gents have given me faith that I'll enjoy this razor, even if it doesn't take over the lead from Charcoal Goods. Thanks for the great thread!
Please keep us posted when you receive and use. I've had one in my "cart" looking for more motivation to press buy myself.

Razor: Timeless .68 SB
Blade: 7 o'clock Black (2)
Brush: Stirling Kong
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Lavendar and Mint Splash

I shaved last night which is my typical time of day for my shaves. I had about a day and a half growth so this was also typical.

A couple of changes just to get a good feel for how well this razors works in all situations, I didn't do much in the way of prepping and instead of WTG ATG and XTG with a cleanup I tried just WTG ATG ATG and no clean up. This was going to give me a much quicker shave so almost like a hurry up shave.

The shave itself was still great it doesn't hurt that this soap is great however, you can tell the quality of this razor. I personally chase BBS as thankfully it is really hard barring in 2 trouble spots however, I have those dialed in for the most part. This shave was quick and still great giving me a DFS which will hold SAS until probably around 3 or 4 which based on the time I shave this is fantastic.

The efficiently with which this razor does its job is still the most amazing part considering that the .68 head is pretty mild for a razor but it makes up for it in quality. I don't know if it is the heft or just the attention to technique due to the newness of the razor however, it seems that everyone gets the same result so I have to give the razor the credit.

I will have a go again on Thursday evening with the .68 comb and maybe even try the scallop head however, I don't think I will notice a difference.

Please keep us posted when you receive and use. I've had one in my "cart" looking for more motivation to press buy myself.

I now understand why this razor is so popular. Yesterday I received my .95 open comb with a scalloped top cap, and used it for the first time this morning. It really is quite mild but, unlike my other mild razors, extremely efficient. It felt like I couldn't cut myself if I tried, and I barely noticed the blade. Even against the grain, I didn't notice any pulling or tugging. Yet the shave is as close as I get from my tried and true, such as the Charcoal Goods Level 3, PAA DOC Evolution and R41 2011. I generally enjoy a bit more of a challenge from my razor, but the Timeless will be the easy option among my stable.

Razor: Timeless .68 CC
Blade: 7 o'clock Black (3)
Brush: Stirling Kong
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Lavendar and Mint Splash

I shaved last night which is my typical time of day for my shaves. I had about a day and a half growth so this was also typical. REPEAT

So the shave was just as good as before. I like the feel of the Closed Comb too!! Something I have mentioned in these posts in the audio feedback. You can definitely tell when you are doing this shave the right way. I don't know that this switched me off the SB as there is not a perceptible difference, however it does look good. I like the SB clean look however, so now the pick will between the .95 and .68. I will be with the .95 on Sunday with 3 days of growth.

Short one today however it is just that good.

Top Bottom