What's new

My Guess... 3017

A milestone is now in sight. I finished my first travel tube of Coate's Tea Tree this morning, and the final cream in my collection, a second tube of the Tea Tree is now on the clock. Two weeks from now, I'm moving on to the soft soaps.

I have now managed to squeeze the software in the collection to two boxes. I still have ten years of product, but this is progress.

Grats Bob, I envy your progress. I am working on my final tube of cream then I will turn my attention to the 65 soaps I have laying around (just a bit under 8kg worth). It will be awhile before I get to the small box stage.

Ruckin.

My remaining soap easily fits in a small box, but with my low usage rates I still have a ton of time left before it's all gone.

I was at family bible camp for a long weekend and didn't get in a single shave. Will clean it up tomorrow with a sharp feather and this wonderful Coates Lavender.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I went on a bit of a spree this past week. I purchased a Thater 4292/2 to add (again) another small silvertip bulb to my brushes. Seemed very similar to a Savile Row 3120 at a lower price. Also got a RazoRock Hawk and Feather blades off the BST as I've been wanting to try a single edge razor.

I still have a solid 90+ grams of Eton College left, but my software stash is dwindling. I have 2.5 pucks of AOS Sandalwood tallow formula, a stick of Irisch Moos with a few shaves on it, half a tube of CO Bigelow, an old shave stick from the 60's, and some assorted samples.

I went on a bit of a spree this past week. I purchased a Thater 4292/2 to add (again) another small silvertip bulb to my brushes. Seemed very similar to a Savile Row 3120 at a lower price. Also got a RazoRock Hawk and Feather blades off the BST as I've been wanting to try a single edge razor.

I still have a solid 90+ grams of Eton College left, but my software stash is dwindling. I have 2.5 pucks of AOS Sandalwood tallow formula, a stick of Irisch Moos with a few shaves on it, half a tube of CO Bigelow, an old shave stick from the 60's, and some assorted samples.

I'm not sure if I really care to do a stocktake at the moment... I know that there are some pucks of Harris soap, a couple of Harris sticks, an Irisch Moos stick with a few shaves on it, half a tub of a lime croap, some Tabac pucks, MWF, Speick sticks, Palmolive sticks, a couple of tubs of Speick soap, a tube of Atkinson's Lavender Cream and probably a bunch of stuff which I haven't seen in years. I still got plenty!

I currently have 15 soaps and creams that have been in my rotation. I also have some soaps and creams that I haven't opened yet: MWF, 1/2 of K of Cella that is shrink-wrapped; AoS soaps (tallow formula): Lemon, Sandalwood, unscented; MB Clubman; RR Bergamot Neroli, MdC; 6 Williams; 2 Tabacs; AoS Sandalwood cream; TOBS Sandalwood cream; and about 10 shave sticks.

I have been using B&M 42 for the last 7 shaves and have nothing but praise for this soap. It is just wonderful all around. Scent, lather, cushion are all excellent. This is going to be a very enjoyable ride.

The donut is growing in the Nuavia tub. I think I'll be breaking out the SV2.0 and 30mm WD boar to finish it up. I did cheat on the soap the other day with some Mystic Water Vetiver Oakmoss mostly because I was bored with the Nuavia shaves. Absolutely no regrets because that Mystic Water lather is just as good as Nuavia.
proxy.php

I'm going the wrong way on vacation. Luckily, most of the tubes of cream I've purchased have sealed tops. I'll resume the year of the cream when I return home, using unsealed tubes and tubs of cream, then knock out some soaps.

Taking a brief break from Fines Lavander to try the jar of MdC Agrumes that arrived yesterday. Will get back to finish off Fines shortly.

Finished up my Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe today. It was a very fast one -- a little over a month. I used Stirling Sharp Dressed Man once along the way and I also used an Arko stick for 4 days too, so I didn't average a lot of shaves out of this tub.

The soap was very high quality and I really enjoyed the shaves I got every day. The only sticking point I had with the soap was its scent. The scent wasn't entirely to my liking, but it was passable to me. I would probably use it again if I had more, but it's not one I'd run out and get a new tub immediately of.

Up Next - Some CRSW Select Bay Rum.

2017-06-20 12.37.04.jpg

Reading about some of the inventory you folks have made me go and check mine... By a rough calculation I think I'll be in need of some new soap sometime in the first quarter of 2019. (Did I just type 2019? Good grief!)

Nothing but wonderful things to say about my current project, Haslinger Ringelblumen. No drama. Just close, comfortable, wonderful shaves. A fabulous (if a bit underpowered) scent.

--Lee

Don't fret... 2019 is kind of soon for some of us. At last check I had 65 soaps and based on my usage for the last couple years I have 20+ years in reserve. But I admit that my 400+ shaves on a puck of DRH might have messed with the estimate a bit... I think I need to learn to load more.... if I could just find a 20+ volt lithium ion powered super badger brush I might be able to up my loading a bit. Need to check the DeWalt catalog to see if they make one of those yet.

AoS lavender (tallow) is no more. Not the beast I thought it would be, about 2.5 g per shave and lasted a little longer than a month. I learned a few things about this soap: it is a great soap, does everything it should, leaves your skin feeling great, but seems to prefer a denser brush since the lathers with my boar brushes lagged behind the ones from my good old badgers. It is too bad the tallow formula is no longer made but have a lemon, lavender and sandalwood to enjoy at some point in the future. I am digging my new pic stitch software so here's another time lapse of its demise.

proxy.php

Shave with two new acquisitions. Thater 4292/2 and Razorock Hawk. First single edge shave for all intents and purposes and it was pretty good. Feather Guard blade. Really liking the brush too. And of course now I'm thinking of a two band Thater bulb.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the 88 with a big, scrubby M&F brush this morning. Wonderful stuff.

I'm starting to feel the pull towards European soaps, both artisan and commercial. Humming along with Haslinger Honig while waiting for some Tabac and samples of Wickham's 1912 to show up. The 88 is fairly pricey for me, but some others like the Valobra pucks or SV may one day end up in my den.

Don't fret... 2019 is kind of soon for some of us. At last check I had 65 soaps and based on my usage for the last couple years I have 20+ years in reserve. But I admit that my 400+ shaves on a puck of DRH might have messed with the estimate a bit... I think I need to learn to load more.... if I could just find a 20+ volt lithium ion powered super badger brush I might be able to up my loading a bit. Need to check the DeWalt catalog to see if they make one of those yet.

Load it like you hate it, brother.

Top Bottom