What's new

Which Razors Do You Hate?!

BIC disposables and pivot heads, if we're going there, I see your BIG disposables and pivot heads and raise you ELECTRICS :cursing:
Well, now we are straying! I want to keep this to DE razors! I don't think any of us would be at this site if we loved electric razors and plastic disposables!

Exactly. They were about the cheapest possible travel option, but with the results they gave, growing some stubble or staying home were both far better ideas.
Actually I just bought a 99 cents plastic razor on Ebay! Couldn't resist. My Turkish Yuma (sadly no longer available it appears) cost $2, including shipping, from Turkey and was a pretty good, mid-aggressive razor. I believe that there is a Dorco out there that's pretty cheap, and apparently super mild; if you like that type of razor.

Actually I just bought a 99 cents plastic razor on Ebay! Couldn't resist. My Turkish Yuma (sadly no longer available it appears) cost $2, including shipping, from Turkey and was a pretty good, mid-aggressive razor. I believe that there is a Dorco out there that's pretty cheap, and apparently super mild; if you like that type of razor.
The BIC disposables were much less than 99 cents each, maybe as little as 19 cents. If you're willing to pay a buck for a plastic disposable and have a Rite Aid drugstore nearby, you might try their Renewal - a 5 blade plastic disposable with a pivoting head, double coated blade edges, anti-clog cartridge (or so they say, but these are disposables without replaceable cartridges), lubricating strip with vitamin E and aloe, and "Accublade" trimmer, not to mention a long handle that, though entirely plastic, is coated with soft, grippy rubber and actually has a little bit of weight and balance to it. I once picked up a pack of five when on the road. Landfill-bound and supremely wasteful, but as good a plastic disposable as I've tried.

The BIC disposables were much less than 99 cents each, maybe as little as 19 cents. If you're willing to pay a buck for a plastic disposable and have a Rite Aid drugstore nearby, you might try their Renewal - a 5 blade plastic disposable with a pivoting head, double coated blade edges, anti-clog cartridge (or so they say, but these are disposables without replaceable cartridges), lubricating strip with vitamin E and aloe, and "Accublade" trimmer, not to mention a long handle that, though entirely plastic, is coated with soft, grippy rubber and actually has a little bit of weight and balance to it. I once picked up a pack of five when on the road. Landfill-bound and supremely wasteful, but as good a plastic disposable as I've tried.
Except, I can't stand multi-blade razors!

My introduction to shaving was uneventful. My mom brought home a budget bag of those Bic disposables. So much for the rites of manhood.

I still think they work better than must of the multi-blades - they don't clog up.

My introduction to shaving was uneventful. My mom brought home a budget bag of those Bic disposables. So much for the rites of manhood.

I still think they work better than must of the multi-blades - they don't clog up.

Hm.. The time I tried them, they clogged just fine.

Top Bottom