What's new

Cella Kilo Arrived

3 years into the DE shaving life. My technique has taken about 2 years to really get good. It has been hard to evaluate gear during that time, since most of the stuff is terrific, and the problem is the "nut behind the wheel." Well, now my technique is pretty good. Over the years I have gotten great shaves from Tabac, Stirling, Catie's bubbles, the Fat, Proraso cream, TOBS cream, and a few others. All the stuff is really terrific. The only soap I have found a bit lacking is TOBS Sandalwood. The cream seems better. But, still, all the products are great. But, I have to say, my all time favorite for ease of use, post shave feel, and very light scent, is Cella. So, I have finally returned to the Cella fold, and got my first kilo. I cut it and put some into the medium tin for use tomorrow. Can't wait. Weber razor, Astra SP, Omega boar, face lather. Life is good.

It's very puzzling how little love Cella gets on the Forums. For me it's up there with the very best.

Enjoy your brick of Cella. What I do is put my brick Cella into bowls and let them sit airing out and harden up inside near my window for many months so it will be even more longer lasting.

Awesome soap, I've tried a chunk from a brick and it was great, I just couldn't ever use a whole kilo. I've been working on a jar of tabac for 4 years and haven't even used a 1/4" of it (I rotate soaps almost every day) I like variety :)

I have Cella in the little container and it's a great performer for me, some say the brick is different ?

When I first got started in wet shaving 6 years ago everyone talked about cella. I think it has fallen by the wayside because of all the great artisan soaps on the market.

I finished a tub of soap some time ago and just bought a tube of cream a couple of weeks back. Haven't opened it yet but i know i'm in safe hands with Cella. I love the smell.

I've been using cella for a while, too. Made the switch from arko and never looked back. Costs 4x as much but, you get what you pay for. I cut mine into three pieces of equal size, wrapped those in cellophane, then put those into vaccuum storage bags, and finally in a tupperware container.

cella from brick is great, super performance and very affordable.
i like repotting into small tins for home use, travel and gifting.
enjoy yours!!

proxy.php

Glad to see Cella getting some love. Thanks guys. I used my first of the new brick this morning. It just does not disappoint. Slick, cushiony lather, and lots of it. The Weber and Astra SP did a great job. I like having so much of it to use as the daily driver.

I put the uncut portion back into the plastic wrap it came in, and back in the box. Then, in a zip lock back, and under the counter. Do I really need to refrigerate it? I would prefer not to.

I don't think you would need to refrigerate it. I have the crop of Cella $4172CMipBgL.jpg is there a difference in smell and performance to the hard puck of Cella?

Glad to see Cella getting some love. Thanks guys. I used my first of the new brick this morning. It just does not disappoint. Slick, cushiony lather, and lots of it. The Weber and Astra SP did a great job. I like having so much of it to use as the daily driver.
I hear you. It's on deck for me tomorrow, in fact (from the little tub though, not the block).

Well, I know many folks really like the hobby and variety of soaps and gear. I can understand that. But ultimately for me I just want a really good shave with no irritation that I can reproduce. So, sticking with one product that works well has been good for me. Usually when I get a new soap, I use it daily until gone. I have enjoyed the "fat", Stirling soaps, Catie's bubbles, Tabac, and a few others. But, it always bothers me when I get to the end of the container. I'm never quite sure what to do with the small amount left, and mucking around with it is always a hassle. So, simpleton that I am, the thought of the brick is great. When I get low in the tin, just cut off and add some more. I like that. And, Cella performs so well for me. Of all the soaps I have, I think I get the most reliable slickness from it, which is the quality I value the most in my shave. So, I am quite pleased I went back to Cella, and have my first brick of the stuff. It might be my imagination, but it seems to perform slightly better than the red tub.

Top Bottom