What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

After consulting my spreadsheet (yes, I keep track of my shaving experiences) I have the following blades to complain about:

1) Crown Stainless: one and done, horribly rough
2) Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow: never got a decent shave out of one

Other than that it is simply a matter of matching each blade to the razor it works well with.

I don't really like the Personna labs or med preps, although I can use them (just don't like to). Otherwise, I haven't really found anything I don't like.

Derby. They cut me up like a Jason Voorhees victim and give me a number of ingrown hairs. Dorcos do too in my MicroTouch One, but not in my Weishi 2003m yet Derbys did (I did not have the MicroTouch One until recently.) They also weren't that sharp from my experience.

The Studio 35 blades are not sharp but at least they don't cut me up.

Barbers made me want to break a glass and shave with that so I'll have to disagree with you on that.
Well, if you haven't used Graham Fields your comparison doesn't mean much.:001_huh: There are many people who have no problems with barbers, and few, or more like none, who like GFs. I've used both. They are not the same.

Last edited:
Well, if you haven't used Graham Fields your comparison doesn't mean much.:001_huh: There are many people who have no problems with barbers, and few, or more like none, who like GFs. I've used both. They are not the same.
My observation is based on the blade having the same look as the Barbers and the same complaints that Barbers get so if it looks like a duck. Most people who have used the Barbers are very unimpressed bu them from what I can see here.

My observation is based on the blade having the same look as the Barbers and the same complaints that Barbers get so if it looks like a duck. Most people who have used the Barbers are very unimpressed bu them from what I can see here.
There are other factors besides how a blade looks. While it is a YMMV thing, I like the barbers and I know other people who do also. Once again, I have tried the GFs, and they are not the same as the barbers no matter how they may look.

There are other factors besides how a blade looks. While it is a YMMV thing, I like the barbers and I know other people who do also. Once again, I have tried the GFs, and they are not the same as the barbers no matter how they may look.

Where are they made btw? Also, if I tried them and they shred my face then I would also conclude they are Barbers based on my experience with them.

There are other factors besides how a blade looks.
For instance, look again at that catalog page. The Barbers say they are coated, the ones sold in bulk 250/box say they aren't. I believe that makes more of a difference than looking "like a duck".:laugh: As I alluded to above, I believe there is a huge difference in the feel of coated and uncoated blades.

For instance, look again at that catalog page. The Barbers say they are coated, the ones sold in bulk 250/box say they aren't. I believe that makes more of a difference than looking "like a duck".:laugh: As I alluded to above, I believe there is a huge difference in the feel of coated and uncoated blades.
So where are GF made?

Where are they made btw? Also, if I tried them and they shred my face then I would also conclude they are Barbers based on my experience with them.
GFs are marked USA.

Yet again, I have tried both and they are different. If you haven't tried them, then you don't know.

GFs are marked USA.

Yet again, I have tried both and they are different. If you haven't tried them, then you don't know.
So made in the US and looks like a Barber? One of the biggest complaints of Barbers is that they are very inconsistent. So I would lay odds.in Barbers. Also, can you show me where Barbers are coated? I don't remember seeing that on the package I had.

And youe last argument is moot since I already addressed it. I don't need to try CVS to know they are the same blade as I had since they conform to all other characteristics.

Top Bottom