What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Yep Its still my favorite Noel as I think the stone it cost me is one of yours too. As for Mr DOUBLE dibs.... fear not! All you have to do is out live me as I left it to you in my will..... :001_rolle
Well as bad as I want that stone, I hope you live to be 100!

David

I found this one today at the Nashville flea market.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 76
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 76
Nice score! - I never see any Cotis or whatever at any flea or whatever, just once I'd like to find one hone I can use.

David

Same here. Lots of b Hones and a few small soft arks. I picked up a pretty sweet 5/8 ERN. Good day.

$WP_20150725_18_01_45_Pro.jpg8x2x1 roughly. An old pike I would say. Haven't had a piece in awhile, just no 1s and I traded them for other things. Flat... Amazing... Usually they are a ****wreck.

David

I wouldn't say washitas are drying up at all, but really nice blocks are thinner on the ground. A shame.
They're getting really expensive. A labeled pike LW sold for 340 ish last week. Labeled rosy reds go for big money too. I love washitas. That one you found is sweet. Is it glued to the box?

Nope.. Miracles can happen. Other side is about the same. Just mild oil staining, The surface of the working side isn't a wreck for once.. I haven't even messed with it.. Just not abused.. Someone in ny state respected their tools for a change..

$WP_20150725_18_20_41_Pro.jpg$WP_20150725_18_21_08_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

David

Cool. They're bad about getting glue rot...I guess all arks are really, but especially washitas.

Only thing I can pull it on is not having the awesome old pike labels. BTW, every vein of coti I have tried with those waves on the sides has been really good.

David

I haven't done much with that coti yet, but it reminds me of a LGB I had a while back. The feedback is slick but not glassy. It's very quiet under the blade on slurry and pretty slow. It might make a finisher, but I think it would have to be done under running water.

Top Bottom