What's new

2nd Annual “I Miss Christmas” (PIF Giveaway Game, Round 7)

THis is way more fun than just ordering items for myself! I can't wait to see what else comes in, anything scheduled for today Vez?

anything scheduled for today Vez?

Not that I'm aware of today, but a couple are due in tomorrow.

Here is where we currently stand.
15 Participants.
11 Packages sent, 5 yet to be shipped. (Yes my math is correct)
5 packages received, 6 still in transit.
4 Pics posted of box contents, 2 videos posted.

Reminder, Friday is the shipping deadline. Let me know if you have any issues with that.

Last edited:
Ok, I just realized something. KJ wasn't on the list of participants. Last year he got the last package and therefore got the last 2 gifts. This is a big oversight on us, the participants.

KJ, I know it wouldn't be a secret, but if you give me a couple extra days I'd like to throw together another package for you my friend.

Please shoot me your address!

Ok, I just realized something. KJ wasn't on the list of participants. Last year he got the last package and therefore got the last 2 gifts. This is a big oversight on us, the participants.

No oversight at all. I intentionally stayed out of this one. I just wanted to get the ball rolling and ensure others got in on the fun. I like watching from the sidelines. I've got waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much stuff as it is (you can check my wiki if you don't believe me!)

No worries guys.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Well, I think my note to the last vendor got someone's tail in gear. Tracking shows the last piece of my buddy puzzle is on its way, and we should just make it.

My package was supposed to arrive at my target's yesterday ... but the USPS is a little pokey unfortunately :(

Hoping he receives it today!

Late night after working a second job... totally exhausted. Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm and looking like a bum! I was informed that I am indeed expecting yet another package... so it looks like I'll be making a second video at that time.

Love the cat tail at the beginning. Very cool gift idea too

He's relentless... As soon as I sat on the floor, he was ready to interrupt. Knocked over my phone a few times and blocked the screen. Meowed incessantly all the while. I love the little guy, had him since I was 11 (12 years), but I don't think I'll own another cat. :001_rolle

He's relentless... As soon as I sat on the floor, he was ready to interrupt. Knocked over my phone a few times and blocked the screen. Meowed incessantly all the while. I love the little guy, had him since I was 11 (12 years), but I don't think I'll own another cat. :001_rolle

LOL ... we just adopted two actually. One longhair, one short hair, they were "sisters" at the human society and we had promised our six year old if she allowed her guinea pigs to be rehomed (she never played with them) we would get a cat. She agreed to it to our surprise. At the shelter, she was pushing hard for a kitten, but we saw these two girls and I explained to her that while EVERYONE wants to adopt a kitten, not everyone wants to adopt an adult cat, and that they deserved a good home too. After some talking she agreed to that and oddly enough when we adopted it was a "buy (adopt) one get one free" event. Fee was $25. Fee for a kitten was $125 :blink:

Good for you! Christian is right on the money. I volunteered at my local shelter, and some older cats had been there for ages. Unfortunately, a lot of those kittens are adopted then brought right back when people find out that kittens eventually turn into... cats! Older cats can be grumpy or absolutely loving. One portly fellow named "Patches" wanted nothing to do with me, while an old Russian Blue jumped into my arms from the floor!

It's a shame, really. The one concern about older cats is ingrained behavior. Spraying, scratching, being territorial. A good shelter will have files on all their kitties, documenting special needs. Patches, for example, was a discount cat because he had been there for years. They would only adopt him to a home with no children or other pets.

It makes me happy to hear that you took both. People think of cats as being anti social, but they can form incredible bonds with both humans and other animals. No, my cat wouldn't jump in front of a home intruder like a dog. However, he certainly picks up on my moods. Can't imagine what it would be like not having that constant face warmer at night and waking up to headbutts and hair chewing. He's outlasted every girl and nearly every friend I've ever had. At the risk of sounding like a crazy old cat lady, I do love the little guy like a dear friend.

Having animals is a great way to teach kids humanity and responsibility. Also about death, when that time eventually comes.

So kind of you to adopt the older cats and give them loving homes. When my blue tip siamese passed away at 19 years old. It took 4 months and the house felt so lonely and we went and adopted a 1 year old lynx point siamese. There will always be cat in our household

Great to see some Cat love

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1426192395481.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1426192395481.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom