What's new

My Guess... 3017

Well today I am calling it quits with The Fat. There are two small pieces that wouldn't stick to the bottom of the textured bowl I use. I don't like chasing those little pieces around with a brush, the lather doesn't seem as good. It's harder to make the proto-lather.
Started it on 07-01-2014, ended 10-03-2014. Only used Arko during a week vacation.
I think to keep things interesting for me I will alternate between creams and soaps.
Tomorrow I will start with Coates Creams Almond. When I ordered the six pack sampler, the Almond tube was damaged in shipping, and I took what was salvageable and put it in a Tupperware. So I figure the Almond is a good place to start. I know I won't get the same length of use as the full undamaged tubes, but I am interested to see how long I can use it.

05-29-2014 to 06-29-2014: Mikes Barbershop
06-30-2014 to 10-03-2014: Mitchell's Wool Fat
10-04-2014- ???? Coates Cream Almond

Well today I am calling it quits with The Fat. There are two small pieces that wouldn't stick to the bottom of the textured bowl I use. I don't like chasing those little pieces around with a brush, the lather doesn't seem as good. It's harder to make the proto-lather.
Started it on 07-01-2014, ended 10-03-2014.
You killed a classic puck! Nice!

Nice bowl, Martym. Enjoy the Cella.

The scent is almost gone from my tub of Strop Shoppe and I'm enjoying it much more. I guess the Eucalyptus and I just aren't going to be friends.

Started RR XXX today. While I find the scent of the P160 a bit cloying, the XXX is just right.
No tingle, even after an OCMM shave.

The last of the Arko was finished today. I got 8 decent shaves from a third of a stick. Not bad, I'm loading it pretty well I think! No Tabactober or Razorocktober for me this year. I'm determined to get to the bottom of my software pile and don't want to start anything new with so many open products lying around. Next up is the last of the Dynamite:001_smile.

$dynamite.jpg

I'm zooming through CF and the bottom already pocked through today. Clearly, this soap has changed consistency and/or reacted differently to being stored for over a year (maybe 2) and has not held up to it's age.

It's ultra soft, foamy in container and requires a lot of product to lather with. I have a guess, my Pens BB Tube will be the same as it's pretty much pure liquid. This was another overpriced cream that didn't last and it's the second time it's happened. It was replaced by Pens, but the new tub is the same.

No more stockpiling creams for me, it's not worth it if they go to waste.

The 120g of CF will not be around for the 40-50 days as I had hoped and may not make it 20 :blushing:

I'm zooming through CF and the bottom already pocked through today. Clearly, this soap has changed consistency and/or reacted differently to being stored for over a year (maybe 2) and has not held up to it's age.

It's ultra soft, foamy in container and requires a lot of product to lather with. I have a guess, my Pens BB Tube will be the same as it's pretty much pure liquid. This was another overpriced cream that didn't last and it's the second time it's happened. It was replaced by Pens, but the new tub is the same.

No more stockpiling creams for me, it's not worth it if they go to waste.

The 120g of CF will not be around for the 40-50 days as I had hoped and may not make it 20 :blushing:

Wow! I may need to abandon my plans of jumping into a new tub of XXX after this. In order to beat product rancidness, I have either used up or given most of my partially used creams to my SWMBO. I still have unopened/new tubs of CF Lavender, TOBS Eton College, T&H Rose, and a new tube of GFT Eucris. I think T&H Rose is the oldest at about 8 months......At least I know what I my upcoming 3017 line-up will be for the future.

Regarding your CF experience, that is an interesting find. I've had 5 shaves from my dad's 50% tub and it was soft (probably more like a soft soap) but nothing foaming. I, at least, hope that you are getting fantastic shaves.

Yes, shaves are still great but it has a weird consistency in the tub. Likely from water and then sealing it and it drying etc.

Much different then when it was fresh, had a firm feel to it in the tub (amostlt like QCS cream).

Someone I know has a new tub and also said his was softer, almost scoopable too.

The last of the Arko was finished today. I got 8 decent shaves from a third of a stick. Not bad, I'm loading it pretty well I think! No Tabactober or Razorocktober for me this year. I'm determined to get to the bottom of my software pile and don't want to start anything new with so many open products lying around. Next up is the last of the Dynamite:001_smile.

View attachment 504227

For those of you who haven't seen it, Ashwin created and drove a thread examining a whole host of Indian shaving creams that very few of us have any ability to try. Here is a link to his first review of the Dynamite cream.

Not a challenge, I am not competing with anyone, but it is an accomplishment for me.

Don't sell yourself short. MWF is one of those soaps that keeps going and going...The first puck of it that I finished took 4+ months, and it was by far the most difficult triple milled to make disappear. Anyone who sticks it out and finishes one of those pucks gets one of these: :ouch1:

Don't sell yourself short. MWF is one of those soaps that keeps going and going...The first puck of it that I finished took 4+ months, and it was by far the most difficult triple milled to make disappear. Anyone who sticks it out and finishes one of those pucks gets one of these: :ouch1:
My longest lasting pucks were MWF and Tabac. MdC did not last as long for me...

My longest lasting pucks were MWF and Tabac. MdC did not last as long for me...

Seriously!? Funny how much of a difference water, brush, and loading technique makes. I can get thru MWF in a few months but I swear MdC lasts 5 or 6 months. Tho' it may be phsycological on my part because of the cost of MdC. Maybe I load it lighter without realizing it.

Went through a full tub of RazoRock fine American Blend. Lasted longer than I thought. Now going through RazoRock fresco which is going very very fast. After I have some HTGAM but I am scared how long an 8 ounce puck will last.

Top Bottom