What's new

Cheap Splashes are for Real Men

I know what it's like to lose a friend. I'm sorry for your loss, brotha.

Thank you too Clubman4Life. It happened a long time ago but I still think of him from time to time. We ran track together and our birthdays were exactly 1 week apart so we'd meet for a few beers to celebrate. In fact, he was celebrating his when I was away in college the night he died. Mom mailed me the obituary and I was totally shocked.

The Gillette gels remind me of high school also. Such a refreshing scent. It smells just like the Gillette body wash I used in the late '90s. The stuff with the hook on it that hung on the shower head.

I have 3 varieties of the so-named Gillette Series balms (one is a lotion) and still use them on occasion.

Gillette gel is the only aftershave that ever got compliments from the ladies at work, make of that what you will...

I haven't busted out the Gillette gel for a test drive yet - still working on the Nivea balm, but it does smell awesome...

I'm new with this and appreciate this "inexpensive" thread...

But can you suggest which ones can last scent wise...

I have used Tiger, but scent is gone in 15 minutes..
I have original Clubman and thats fine..lasted a number of hours

Any others like Clubman?

Thxs

Mike

I'm new with this and appreciate this "inexpensive" thread...

But can you suggest which ones can last scent wise...

I have used Tiger, but scent is gone in 15 minutes..
I have original Clubman and thats fine..lasted a number of hours

Any others like Clubman?

Thxs

Mike

Hey, brotha...

If you like Original Clubman, pick up some Clubman Musk. It's considered an "After Shave Cologne" and smells like the Original, just a little bit sweeter and has better endurance. (Not at all like Aqua Velva Musk or Jovan Musk. Totally different)

Definitely checkout Clubman Special Reserve - another "After Shave Cologne". It's strong and gets good mileage.

Pinaud Lime Sec, also a cologne that changes scents as the day goes on. Very sophisticated.

Aqua Velva is one of my new favorites that I just started wearing last month and lasts for a few hours and starts off strong!

Clubman Bay Rum splashes on strong, but I wish it had some more legs.

Last edited:
I really like Aqua Velva Ice Blue. It just works for me. The menthol, moisturizing, healing and scent are just right for me. Also I can buy it for cheap locally. It's my favorite at this time.

I just tried Old Spice (new formula, bought at CVS) and it's bad. My wife kicked me out of the bedroom. Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are clear leaders in my house.

I really like Aqua Velva Ice Blue. It just works for me. The menthol, moisturizing, healing and scent are just right for me. Also I can buy it for cheap locally. It's my favorite at this time.

I have some of this a will try it for work today...let you know how long it last

if good...Amazom has 2 -7 oz bottles for 18 bucks
the 3 oz at Walgreens was $6-7..which is a little steep

Hey, brotha...

If you like Original Clubman, pick up some Clubman Musk. It's considered an "After Shave Cologne" and smells like the Original, just a little bit sweeter and has better endurance. (Not at all like Aqua Velva Musk or Jovan Musk. Totally different)

Definitely checkout Clubman Special Reserve - another "After Shave Cologne". It's strong and gets good mileage.

Pinaud Lime Sec, also a cologne that changes scents as the day goes on. Very sophisticated.

Aqua Velva is one of my new favorites that I just started wearing last month and lasts for a few hours and starts off strong!

Clubman Bay Rum splashes on strong, but I wish it had some more legs.

The Clubmans sound up my alley...:thumbup1:

Im eager to try Barbasol Brisk. Can't seem to find it at any local dollar stores. I can buy it online, but seems to be 6-7 dollars. Oh well, I'll find it eventually. It'll give me a chance to use up some of my over stocked rotation. I have 6 open bottles (Clubman, Special Reserve, Veg, Afta, Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer), and two unopened bottles (Florida Water and Lime Sec). Make that three unopened bottles, we just cleaned out the second bathroom and found an unopened bottle of Clubman.

They have the Barbasols at Dollar General if you live near one. Thanks for mentioning the Afta! I'm going to put that on my list.

Once I break in a few more bottles, I'll move on to the "online only" stuff that comes in the classy glass...

Last edited:
I checked the websites for Family Dollar and Dollar General but no Barbasol Brisk came up. I guess I will have to check in person.

if you're going there then why not just use Everclear, you'll get a nice burn :w00t:

I've used Everclear in homemade concoctions. Works like a champ, and boatloads cheaper than buying perfumers alcohol.

I suspect a 55 gallon drum of perfumers alcohol is pretty cheap per unit volume. But one pint of Everclear has lasted me for months with my infrequent dabbling.

I just tried Old Spice (new formula, bought at CVS) and it's bad. My wife kicked me out of the bedroom. Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are clear leaders in my house.

I've got a agree with mikesal57. What do wives know about men's fragrances! LOL

AT 0737 hours, I posted about wanting to try Barbasol Brisk. It is now 0828 and I am in possession of both scents. Yes, I ran out to the nearest Dollar General and bought them. Waaaay cheaper than online prices, too. $1.75 each. Can't wait to try them later.

Top Bottom