What's new

Williams shave soap club?

I just came across a partial roll of Williams Tonsorial (3 left), this will be my first go with Williams - from what I've heard it should be great, will get back to you.

-s

That is exactly why I never bothered to get one. They do look really nice though.

Mine was a perfect Williams bowl, but after making a particularly slick, thick Williams lather with mine one morning, my old VDH bowl slipped out of my hand and broke :(

Never, I'm taking that one to the grave. You can find the metal Bicentennial Williams mug on eBay from time to time.

Mine was a perfect Williams bowl, but after making a particularly slick, thick Williams lather with mine one morning, my old VDH bowl slipped out of my hand and broke :(

...and that's just another reason I use plastic bowls.

That's what you get for mixing up your Williams and VDH products.

proxy.php

It's a good place to store a soap and load from it, but too small for good lather building, IMO.

+1 I definitely like to load a brush from this bowl and then face lather. This bowl is just a wee bit too small for getting a good lather.

I think it is an awesome bowl.

Pyrex Snapware come in a pack of 3 in the store and are awesome for keeping the puck partially hydrated because they have a decent seal. They are about $3 each. Great for loading, not so good for making later.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Snapware-Total-Solution-Glass-1-Cup-Round-with-Lid-Set-of-4/23000778

If you want to make lather, the VDH apothecary mug is excellent.

Last edited:
So....is the Williams shaving soap club ago!? I'm in!

Here are the scored results from the initial voting:

12 - Williams Institute for Shaving Excellence (WISE)
11 - Loyal Order of Williams (LOW)
10 - Williams Shaving Society (WSS)
5 - The Williams Mugsters
4 - Sir William of Combe's Old Fashioned Beef Fat Shaving Soap Club
3 - Brotherhood of the Mug (BotM)
3 - The Always Loyal Lovers Of Williams Soap (T.A.L.L.O.W.S)
2 - Combe Crusaders
1 - Wonderful Old Williams (WOW)
0 - The Wet Willies

Based on these results, we have a clear top 3. I will make a poll to vote on those.

Top Bottom