What's new

just shaved with barbasol

> All this praise for the yellow can and I can't find it anywhere! Grrr

I know what you mean. First I went to Walgreens and it seemed like they had everything but the Yellow. Then CVS and it was just Red and Green. Then Target and they just had tons and tons of Green and nothing else. Finally got lucky and found a Yellow can browsing my local grocery store chain. It's odd that this can gets so much praise here but it's the one stores choose to carry the least of.

I've used the Green and Yellow now. Compared to shaving soap they lack slickness but they are okay. They have a very nice thickness and density to them. The smell, though faint, really does grow on you. I like Green to the point where I would love to find a shaving soap with the same scent, but more power to it.

One other difference between Green and Yellow for those who care about such things. Green seems to have a much longer ingredients list including Parabens where Yellows lacks those.
When all else fails... try Amazon.com. They have everything.

When all else fails... try Amazon.com. They have everything.

I did check that, but they don't really carry it either. They have sellers that carry it that want $4+ shipping on an already overpriced can. Most Barbasol on Amazon, with shipping costs added, looks like it averages around $5.00-$6.00 a can. Much cheaper at the local stores.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've been all over. Wally World, target, Walgreens, cvs. Nothing.
Unless somewhere offered free shipping no way am I going to order a $1.20 can and pay double that for shipping :laugh:

Have you checked your local grocery store and/or dollar store?

Thanks,
Mike

I've been all over. Wally World, target, Walgreens, cvs. Nothing.
Unless somewhere offered free shipping no way am I going to order a $1.20 can and pay double that for shipping :laugh:

I heated up my can of Barbasol in the sink last nite
and had a fine shave, the heat seemed to thicken the
lather ? While nice I would never go back to goo full time
just a nice change if pace.
Keeping it real

This reminds me of the folks who have big fancy shave dens and top shelf products fit for royalty who then use Afta or Nivea balm to finish up a shave.

Thanks,
Mike

...One thing that's running right over my head, is the amount of people that use it for a 'pre shave'? If you're into soaps, creams and brushes to enjoy the better quality and not put all the gooey chemicals and propellants on your face, I don't think 'pre shave' is any different. Whether you wash with it or shave with it, its still soaking into you're skin.

Ahh, hot water dries out your skin. Not applying the right angle/pressure on your blade will mess your skin up a lot more. There's a ton of natural occurrences that happen everyday that can dry out your skin. Yeah barbasol is not as luxurious as some shave soaps/creams but it simply gets the job done, and its readily available for under 2$ a can everywhere. So I will continue to give barbasol props! Plus it's probably what your pop uses ;)

Does anyone remember using Rise Babyface shave cream? I used to love that stuff. Then it just disappeared. I loved Schick hot lather (in a red can) too. All gone. Colgate was good cream too.

Not familiar with Rise Babyface, but Rise now offers a non-aerosol tube cream that I like as part of a superlather with Arko. I found it at the dollar store first, and more recently at Ocean State Job Lot for $1.25.
proxy.php

So I finally worked straight Barbasol into the rotation as my main lather rather than just prep that gets rinsed off. Actually I used it on one side and another experiment on the other. Barbasol Yellow was quite effective. Less fun, not making lather, but it did the job quite competently.

All this praise for the yellow can and I can't find it anywhere! Grrr

I found it at Albertson's of all places. I offered to buy some for people at the time but nobody wanted it.

*Edit* Tmartin89 found some at Albertsons as well. Maybe they are still stocking it. I haven't been in a while

I found it at Albertson's of all places. I offered to buy some for people at the time but nobody wanted it.

*Edit* Tmartin89 found some at Albertsons as well. Maybe they are still stocking it. I haven't been in a while

My Albertsons had every kind of barbasol. I don't really have any intent on using it though, I guess if I'm in a hurry then I could, but if I'm in that much of a hurry I might as well use a gillette custom disposable, I find these to be the best cart I've tried. Couldn't believe how much better a 2 blade was over a 5 blade. And to think I used to pay $16 for four carts, now I can get 100 blades for that! However, that's not mentioning the $65 I dropped (which was a really good deal) on a replated fatboy I got from a member on here!

Top Bottom