What's new

just shaved with barbasol

Oh sure, flaunt that big budget. :001_tt2:

Well, if you read a couple of the shampoo threads you'll see where I save the money to get the lanolin.

I'm getting just like my old man was before he died. Soap is more damaging than I can stand, so I hit the sanitary spots and eschew the rest. A bar of soap lasts me a year. And I keep my hair very short so shampoo is the same way.

I use the MWF on the mirror because I keep the little mirror on top of the mug to control evaporation - like a lid. But I use the MWF lanolin to control the itching from soap.

My travel soap, where I never know the water, is that high dollar Arko. It is kind of drying, so I carry Eucerin cream. But Arko never fails to lather. Ever.

I did actually buy some Barbasol a few weeks ago. TSA has it now. Pricks.

(Sorry if any of you are TSA guys. I know the front line guys don't make the rules. I do a lot of idiotic stuff at my job too.)

Last edited:
I see many people finding the Barbasol Yellow at Albertson's; I found some the other day at Lucky's, which oddly enough used to be called.... Albertson's! And even stranger, before it was Albertson's it was called..... Lucky's! Everything old is new again?! Anyway, they had a couple of the old style cans of the yellow and a couple of the new ones. The new formula seems to have a couple of minor changes to the ingredients. I picked up the old one.

I know this is a "Barbasol" thread but rather than start a whole new thread - and since this is about a canned shave foam - anyone have any thoughts on this:

$81CCA1DE_zps69e10306.jpg

I know that Nivea AS Balm has a good reputation here on the forum so wondering if this shave foam might get the same props??

Looks like a photo you took in your bathroom, so you tell us...how well did it work?

If I was going to look into aerosols from companies whose other products are respected here, I'd look at ones respected specifically for their soaps or creams like Proraso and C.O. Bigelow. However, don't forget that if you're in a hurry there are plenty of non-aerosol creams and gels that work great without lathering. Kiss My Face, of course; Bigelow says right on the package that you can use it without lathering (or with just a small amount of lathering by hand, no brush); Cremo works great (but I don't like its smell) as long as you don't try to lather it; Assured shave gel from the dollar store is a pleasant surprise and I use it in superlathers; etc.

Looks like a photo you took in your bathroom, so you tell us...how well did it work?

Um - not bad. Found out I was supposed to be accompanying the wife to an event this afternoon that I had forgotten about so I needed to take a quick shower and shave.

The Foam felt thicker and heavier than C.O. Bigelow and Barbasol - less airy than either of those. I showered and shaved so quickly that I really didn't try to 'evaluate' things so first impression was that the C.O. Bigelow & Barbasol might be tad better? BUT ... the Nivea might be able to be 'worked in' a little better and might end up providing a little more slickness. The stuff was THICK!

I've been all over. Wally World, target, Walgreens, cvs. Nothing.
Unless somewhere offered free shipping no way am I going to order a $1.20 can and pay double that for shipping :laugh:

I noticed last week that some grocery stores carried them, but our cvs and related stores carry then to so keep your fingers crossed.

I doint use barbasol becouse they doint have it in my country i use some times foam from a can when i need a quick shave.

Barbasol is the go to when I'm rushing. Got all the flavor of old school. The only thing is when the bottom gets my sink rusty. Hey but I can live with that.

Top Bottom