What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

I bought myself this today to wear to the private viewing of the first art exhibition my work will be featured in tomorrow and for the next few weeks. Really excited about it! its not up to the standard of the fancy 'made to measure' shirts some of you have posted, but its pretty special for my wardrobe haha! i'm sure you can see but its a POLO Ralph Lauren, oxford- custom fit.

Not that I need more ties, I've got 20 already. But at $1.00 each I HAD to buy them.

Everyone could use more ties! Nice score

I bought myself this today to wear to the private viewing of the first art exhibition my work will be featured in tomorrow and for the next few weeks. Really excited about it! its not up to the standard of the fancy 'made to measure' shirts some of you have posted, but its pretty special for my wardrobe haha! i'm sure you can see but its a POLO Ralph Lauren, oxford- custom fit.

I like it! I think I'd probably wear those with a nice pair of khakis

I'm glad I'm at home today while the bride is at work. The mail carrier just dropped off two impulse buys.

Drakes PS. Could have used this yesterday!

I saw these on eBay and couldn't resist: Allen Edmonds, Strand, Walnut Shell Cordovan. My first pair of shell shoes. They are lightly worn but a great fit and super comfortable. I opened the box and was grinning like a fool. Now we have two shoe crazies in the house, and I'm afraid to say my tastes are more expensive than hers, gulp.

And a comparison. Left is Allen Edmonds McAllister in walnut calf and on the right is Allen Edmonds Strand in walnut shell.

Two packages working their way to me ... One from the Armory in Hong Kong, the second from Ben Silver. The former is something new from a favorite brand, the second is cordovan in color 8.

I'm glad I'm at home today while the bride is at work. The mail carrier just dropped off two impulse buys.

Drakes PS. Could have used this yesterday!

I saw these on eBay and couldn't resist: Allen Edmonds, Strand, Walnut Shell Cordovan. My first pair of shell shoes. They are lightly worn but a great fit and super comfortable. I opened the box and was grinning like a fool. Now we have two shoe crazies in the house, and I'm afraid to say my tastes are more expensive than hers, gulp.

And a comparison. Left is Allen Edmonds McAllister in walnut calf and on the right is Allen Edmonds Strand in walnut shell.

love the drakes ps

Two packages working their way to me ... One from the Armory in Hong Kong, the second from Ben Silver. The former is something new from a favorite brand, the second is cordovan in color 8.

I can't wait to seem them!

$CAM00025_zpsb5e8de38.jpg
Cuenca From Panama Bob! :) Great hat. Can't wait until I can afford a better grade!

A new pair of Quoddy canoe shoes and a new pair of Sebago Docksides.

The Quoddy were on sale, so I figured that I would give them a go. They have a full leather footbed, a boat shoe rubber sole and are like wearing super comfortable slippers (with great support).

The Docksides are a replacement pair from Sebago. These shoes have a half-leather footbed (alas, too common in boat shoes now) and the adhesive used to secure the leather failed. It was like walking on used chewing gum. I tried to get an exchange and failed, so I posted a very polite review on their site that outlined my disappointment. Within a day I was contacted by Sebago, received a free return shipping voucher and within 5d had a new pair arrive at home. It took more effort than it should have, but I am happy that they did the right thing by a customer.

View attachment 350555$Sebago.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Couldn't pass these up for $16 brand new. Assembled in the USA too!
I assure you they are not pink :001_cool: They are a dark red but my iPhone calls it pink I guess.

A pair of John Lobb wholecuts I snagged on eBay that on first impressions have very, very little wear. Essentially no wear on the heal rubber and little on the soles.

I took a gamble as the auction stated they had no size listed (which inclines me to believe they are John Lobb Jermyn Street bespoke ones), but the seller's friend tried them on who is an 11 and they were a tad big. I wear a 12 and went for it. Initial test wear and they fit pretty well - slight heel slippage on my right, which may need a heel grip but I'm going to wear them for a couple days and see if they break in a little more to my foot before going that route.

Getting ready for a little Saphir reno and then I'm trying them out!

$DSC_4839.jpg

I got out of work early and had some time to kill before picking up the bride, so I stopped at Goodwill. 15 minutes of poking yielded two Brooks polos with dry cleaning tags, a very soft madras shirt, and a Fast Color bandana for $11.12. I got the madras to cut up for pocket squares, but the bride likes it better as a shirt.

The ties were waiting in the mailbox at home, both from The Tie Bar. The purple is more vibrant in person--for some reason my camera doesn't play well with purples.

Top Bottom