What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

My new Loro Piana Cashmere square courtesy of YHNT.
proxy.php

A couple of pairs of happy socks arrived yesterday (for me). Plus, I bought the Mrs. a set of Frye boots, which also came yesterday.
$WP_20130513_001.jpg

I received a Marks and Spencer navy dressing gown, an M&S set of pyjamas, a Proper Cloth mini club collar Oxford cloth shirt, and two Luxire Oxford cloth club collar shirts. :) I shall have photos up soon (the Luxire shirts do have nice mother of pearl buttons).

I have been tyre kicking buying a shoe butler for a couple of months now but wasn't impressed with the rather flimsy looking cast alloy ones that are available on Amazon, etc. and didn't want to pay close to a 100 bucks for the heavy cast iron ones that are also availabe new. I best offered 35 for a Coulter vintage cast iron one on the ebay. I just mounted it on a wooden post and it seems to be very solid and up to the task. It also has a nice vintage looking patina that seems to go with the idea of shoe polishing. I suppose I will have to learn the art of bulling now!

$Butler.jpg

First new pair of Dack's in twenty some years, okay they are Mattew Dack and made in England but appear to be well made.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I have been tyre kicking buying a shoe butler for a couple of months now but wasn't impressed with the rather flimsy looking cast alloy ones that are available on Amazon, etc. and didn't want to pay close to a 100 bucks for the heavy cast iron ones that are also availabe new. I best offered 35 for a Coulter vintage cast iron one on the ebay. I just mounted it on a wooden post and it seems to be very solid and up to the task. It also has a nice vintage looking patina that seems to go with the idea of shoe polishing. I suppose I will have to learn the art of bulling now!

View attachment 334389

Have Mark the Shoe Shine Boy send you 30 or 40 pair. That should break in your shoe butler. Nice pick-up.

Swung by my local Goodwill boutique and picked up some Cole Haan tan bucks (could be suede, I'm not sure), with green nike air foam soles for $50. In great condition, looks like they've barely been worn and came with a couple of shoe trees. I'm currently moving out of my apartment, but I'll post pics as soon as I can!

Rare Shell Cordovan Score Day Today....
full

Chukka's in Cigar Shell Cordovan (although they look like Ravello - the pair of cigar PTB's they had there were a completely different, ugly greenish color)
Ultra rare Cigar Shell Cordovan Alden Belt (They ordered it FIVE years ago - it finally came!)
Plain Toe Bluchers in Whiskey Shell Cordovan

Last edited by a moderator:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Damn, Joel. Just, damn.
I see you like a cigar with your whiskey.
I think we're gonna need some more pics in the Cigar/Whiskey thread. :thumbup1:

Those are spectacular. I've been holding off on another pair of shells because I can only find color 8. I wish I could find them in either of those colors.

Some real beauties there Joel. I take a 3E width at least, the widest that Shoemart offers in the less common colors of shell sn E (Alden's widest standard fitting). I'd snap up a pair of chukkas in ravello if they ever became available in my size.

Those are spectacular. I've been holding off on another pair of shells because I can only find color 8. I wish I could find them in either of those colors.

What size do you wear? If you're persistent, you can find them - especially if you have particularly large or small feet. If you're a size 8-10 though, it's going to be tough.

Pair of the closeout AE Dalton boots in gray. I could not pass on the price and bought them intending to dye a darker color. Apparently they ran out of the gray leather and had to get more to fill all orders so it took almost two months to get mine. After they arrived, I polished to a very high shine and must say the gray color looks good with black and navy slacks so far, dark gray will also go good so I am leaving them their gray color.

Top Bottom