What's new

My last theory today

I sleep on the right side of the bed, chefchris on the left.

Because, I'm always "right", and chefchris gets whats "left" of the bed. :lol:

It doesn't matter which side is near the door. I'm on the right.

AJS said:
She's only 5'2" but I've lost count of the number of times I've woken up abruptly just as I fall out of bed onto the floor.
She's lucky she's so cute, anymore "nighttime injuries" and I'm going to have to check into a shelter for abused boyfriends.

I would suggest putting a twin size mattress on the floor, whichever side you fall off more. :lol:

Yes, just because we may be little(5' here) doesn't mean we can't throw our weight around. :lol:

AJS said:
Damn you guys are all lucky if you and your significant others have set sides. My girlfriend is the most restless sleeper in the world. We don't have a set side anyway, but even if we did it wouldn't make a difference; she still spends the whole night tossing and turning switching from one side to the next, usually bulldozing through me in the process. She's only 5'2" but I've lost count of the number of times I've woken up abruptly just as I fall out of bed onto the floor.
She's lucky she's so cute, anymore "nighttime injuries" and I'm going to have to check into a shelter for abused boyfriends.

I sleep squished all the way over on the right of a massive King sized bed and my 75lbs dog gets the rest of the bed. The right side is by the door. No matter where I am, I always sleep on the door side and the dog gets the other side.. My last boyfriend... who slept on the left, kicked and moved around in his sleep a lot and was finally prescribed by the doctor a muscle relaxer to take before bedtime called Baclofen. He slept wonderfully after that, and the dog squeezed in and slept in the middle once we fell asleep....with me squished to the right, and Tim squished to the left...

I guess Dogs rule.....

Another wrinkle:

At home I am on the left side of the bed (my wife is on my right). Has always been that way with her - dating, various houses, apts. etc.

HOWEVER, when we go on vacation, we invariably switch sides!

We were noting this recently on a long weekend in Orlando. Hmmmmm.

Andre

Mama Bear said:
I sleep squished all the way over on the right of a massive King sized bed and my 75lbs dog gets the rest of the bed. The right side is by the door. No matter where I am, I always sleep on the door side and the dog gets the other side.. My last boyfriend... who slept on the left, kicked and moved around in his sleep a lot and was finally prescribed by the doctor a muscle relaxer to take before bedtime called Baclofen. He slept wonderfully after that, and the dog squeezed in and slept in the middle once we fell asleep....with me squished to the right, and Tim squished to the left...

I guess Dogs rule.....

Thanks for the Baclofen tip Sue. Unfortunately (for me at least) my baby is a total health fanatic. She won't touch any sort of chemical prescription medication. Anyway, the fact that I don't like getting battered and thrown out of bed during the night is my problem, she sleeps more peacefully than you could imagine.:confused:

Wife on the right, me on the left--I'm also right handed, FWIW.

Also, I'm on the side closest to the door--and the bathroom!:tongue: She gets the phone.:wink:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Okay, so are we talking to the left while on my back looking at the ceiling, or my usual face down position?:confused:

ouch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't kidding. Left and right always depends on which way you're facing.

Oh, never mind.

My wife is always farthest away from the door, and it IS a concious protective instinct... whenever we re-arrange the bedroom (read that, as whenever she has the whim to re-arrange the bedroom).. I change sides as needed to be closest to the door.

Someone comes in they have to get through me to get to her.

"Right" and "left" are just constructs; in the general sense of the space-time continuum, does it really matter? :confused:

ouch

Scotto said:
"Right" and "left" are just constructs; in the general sense of the space-time continuum, does it really matter? :confused:

Absolutely correct. Left or roght doesn't matter worth a damn.

Now, top or bottom..............:lol:

I sleep on the left which is closer to the door. I usually go to bed later than my wife. She works days and I work nights, so on my days off I'm usually still in the night shift mode.

==Tom

I sleep on the side that is closest to the door. That way if a mad man attacks us in the night I have enough time to try and get him to reconsider his intentions before SWMBO wakes up and goes postal on half the county.

Left - It is probably related to most men being right handed and not wanting to awaken their partner during moments of self pleasure - Not that I ever do that. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Top Bottom