What's new

Cobra Classic ? Cobra Owners feel free to chime in :o)

It is more efficient than my E5 and I doubt I ever get as close on my neck with the E5 as I do the Cobra.

it must be a mileage may vary thing. The shick injector did a fine job on my neck area. I did have to do an extra pass though. Fortunately i didn't get nicked or anything. that razor is very forgiving.

does the cobra have more blade exposure? i'm probably gonna get one eventually, simply because i'm starting to like injectors. So i was just wondering.

it must be a mileage may vary thing. The shick injector did a fine job on my neck area. I did have to do an extra pass though. Fortunately i didn't get nicked or anything. that razor is very forgiving.

does the cobra have more blade exposure? i'm probably gonna get one eventually, simply because i'm starting to like injectors. So i was just wondering.
I think the blade exposure is pretty close to the same. The Cobra is 1/3 wider though.

On my 2 or 3 difficult neck areas I eventually reach a place with the E5 I just can't get any better. It's certainly acceptable but the Feather Pro in the Cobra lets me get closer somehow. But I like my E5. I am certain once I start rotation again I will use it.

Shaved with the Cobra Today and a Feather Pro, Wow, Smooth as Butter on Hot Bread :drool: Blade was Even and Zero Play when Shaving, This Cobra is back in the Game.

Thanks Classic Shaving You Guys are Awesome :thumbup:

I am going another cycle with my Cobra Classic and the Feather Pro - changed blades. My first shave with a new Feather is always difficult for me whether its the Pro or a double edge in my Futur. That new blade always can find little bumps and imperfections on my face that nothing else can but I love the song that thing makes.

I am going another cycle with my Cobra Classic and the Feather Pro - changed blades. My first shave with a new Feather is always difficult for me whether its the Pro or a double edge in my Futur. That new blade always can find little bumps and imperfections on my face that nothing else can but I love the song that thing makes.

They are Really Nice Shavers, And the Blades does last a lot longer then my Regular DE Feather or Polisilver Blades, I can get about 6 shaves from these blades, Compared to the Norman 2-3 and if i Do a Shave ATG it will only last me 2 good shaves, Seems going ATG Dulls DE Blades Faster, At Least for me :eek:/

I think some of us hoped the earlier scattered complaints about deflects, flaws, poor casting was limited to the second batch. From the current problem being discussed here, it appears that the defects, flaws, etc. did not end with batch 2.

A little Russian Roulette for the Cobra buyers.

They are Really Nice Shavers, And the Blades does last a lot longer then my Regular DE Feather or Polisilver Blades, I can get about 6 shaves from these blades, Compared to the Norman 2-3 and if i Do a Shave ATG it will only last me 2 good shaves, Seems going ATG Dulls DE Blades Faster, At Least for me :eek:/
I shaved 10 times with my first Feather Pro - and the 10th time was one time too many for me. I could really tell a difference on my neck which is pretty much my trouble area. But I do WTG, ATG, and XTG every time. With any of my DE razors I usually change at 3 to 5 depending on the blade. Feathers are 5. I probably could go a bit more but see no reason.

I think I like the Feather Pro better than the Feather double edge.

I like the Cobra and the Futur for the audible feedback although they are certainly different to me.

Last edited:
We're not talking about a lot of money here. If by chance someone gets one that's not right, I understand that Classic Shaving will replace it easily enough. If by chance a Cobra buyer doesn't like it after a month or so; I've never seen one sit on B/S/T more than a day or two. They are easy to sell and probably even easier to trade.

Personally, my Cobra has no problems of any kind. It shaves better than any of the other 20+ razors I own and it's well worth the money.

I just got in on the Cobra Tour which will, hopefully, tell me how it shaves and/or how good the unique blades shave. Plus, I get a closer look at the quality of the razor alignment, the casting, and the lock-up...at least on this one example.

As I'm not driven by newbie RAD enthusiasm, Pied Piper hype or group think run amok, I hope to make an objective evaluation of the Cobra/Feather blade combo. I'm a Streamline owner, another supposedly supreme shaver, so I think I have some good tools to compare it to.

Unfortunately I was not so lucky. The one I received had so much play in the head it was laughable. The blade barely was held in with the pins. It looked as though shape of the top plate was miscast. I tried to use it, but the blade seemed to skip across my face. Too bad, I really wanted to like this razor. The shipment was to Canada, so I got stung a bit on the duty.

Also according to Classic Shavings policy, they will not pay for the shipping, so we will see what happens there. All in all it was not a good experience. The disappointing thing is that this may have been the best razor ever, but I have returned it for refund and I don't think I will take a chance on another.

Bob

Unfortunately I was not so lucky. The one I received had so much play in the head it was laughable. The blade barely was held in with the pins. It looked as though shape of the top plate was miscast. I tried to use it, but the blade seemed to skip across my face. Too bad, I really wanted to like this razor. The shipment was to Canada, so I got stung a bit on the duty.

Also according to Classic Shavings policy, they will not pay for the shipping, so we will see what happens there. All in all it was not a good experience. The disappointing thing is that this may have been the best razor ever, but I have returned it for refund and I don't think I will take a chance on another.

Bob
As I stated, buying the Cobra is playing Russian Roulette with your $$$. I hear it's "not a lot of money" but if you're the one getting stuck with shipping costs and the hassle of getting an RMA, packaging and standing in the USPS line to ship it back, then it is fully wasted money and your time is lost. Not the end of the world, but in these crazy times, who needs another bad day?

Bob

Bob,

can you post a video of this? pretty please?

I received my Cobra from Classic Shaving today (takes 2 weeks to get to Oz) and looks like I have got one that has some production issues. I scored another Cobra from the BST a few weeks back and it's a nicely chromed, tight, great shaving razor - obviously from several runs ago as it came with the old style presentation box. The new one I have has less than perfect chroming on the underside, making it look cheap, there is a lot of play in the safety bar when it is closed and with a blade in there is still some play and it is possible to move it enough that it looks crooked in relation to the fixed head of the razor (due to the sloppy safety bar) plus if I'm not mistaken (without digital scales) it feels lighter in weight than my other Cobra.

It's rather disappointing, considering that these are obvioulsy made in small batches, you would think it would be possible for each razor to have a physical inspection before boxing.

Due to the time it takes for posting it back and the cost involved I'm in two minds whether to just wear it and see how it shaves, or send it back.

When I get some more time, I'll post pictures of the two side by side so you can see the very obvious differences in quality.

Disappointing to say the least.:glare:

Last edited:
Don't hold back, bro. Tell us how you really feel about it the Cobra Classic.

Glad everyone loves their Cobra...but I see the goofy way in which the blade is inserted and extracted...and I wonder why it's so primitive? I can buy a $10 injector and never touch the blade edge. With the Cobra it looks like a nasty cut waiting to happen. Engineering feat? No. Engineering backward progress. Yes.

Additionally, many of the real injector razors are made from good metal, bakelite and plating. The Cobra is made from junk metal and cheaply cast. There are reports of gaps and closure problems. The blade lock-up mechanism is about as sophisticated as a gate latch.

Ok...

...but it sounds like the thing removes facial hair in very good order...but so does a bunch of razors. Anecdotal tales of wonder aside, to me it's a $25 razor priced like a Streamline cased set.

IMO, of course.

Another Cobra thread? Really? More hand-holding to reassure that gents spent $170 for a good reason?

Best razor? So subjective. So anecdotal. So unquantifiable. So biased from the $$$ factor and $$$ blades factor.

A cheaply cast, junk metal modern razor that locks up like a gate latch. The blade insertion and extraction are clumsy and require blade to fingers contact. And all this for $170 plus shipping.

Even the supply line is uneven and unpredictable. Classic Shaving has a golden goose product and can't keep a constant professional flow of products.

I think some of us hoped the earlier scattered complaints about deflects, flaws, poor casting was limited to the second batch. From the current problem being discussed here, it appears that the defects, flaws, etc. did not end with batch 2.

A little Russian Roulette for the Cobra buyers.

As I stated, buying the Cobra is playing Russian Roulette with your $$$. I hear it's "not a lot of money" but if you're the one getting stuck with shipping costs and the hassle of getting an RMA, packaging and standing in the USPS line to ship it back, then it is fully wasted money and your time is lost. Not the end of the world, but in these crazy times, who needs another bad day?

Russian Roulette...will you get the cylinder spin with that live round chambered?

Wait, you've never tried it and yet you posted everything above about it?

I just got in on the Cobra Tour which will, hopefully, tell me how it shaves and/or how good the unique blades shave.

Somehow I doubt that very much; you already seem to be prejudiced against it.

As I'm not driven by newbie RAD enthusiasm, Pied Piper hype or group think run amok, I hope to make an objective evaluation of the Cobra/Feather blade combo.

To Mr. Alphabet name:

Nice job accumulating some of my best work. You a devotee, bro?

My critique postings are not about the razor's performance really...it's about cost/benefits, craftsmanship questions, apparent production problems and questions of value versus price.

And my brotherly attempt to apply the brakes to counter the hype-o-mania re the Cobra. A voice to balance things a little. I'm neither a new buyer trying to convince myself I'm not crazy buying a $170 paper weight, nor am I an angry customer railing against crapping quality control or returning my 3rd Cobra back to Classic Shaving. I'm just a fellow shaver gathering data and impressions about the Cobra over the past 14 months and putting out my hypotheses.

But then, there is my combat related PTSD, hyper-vigilance and nightly home perimeter patrols, cold sweat nightmares, intolerance of crowds, my armed fortress home life, and my inability to give or receive love. So, I will, just for the record, put that out there. Otherwise, I'm just another "Joe Shaver."

I don't think I'm part of the group think mentality. And I've said this before on different threads as well. I got on the Cobra tour and tried it out. It was an incredible shave. Much thanks to Ouch for the program and great goodie box that comes with the razor.

I personally liked it so much I ordered one the day after I sent the travelling one on. Mine arrived in great condition and has been a great investment. It is sad however, that they have QC issues. For the price it should not happen and they should take care of shipping since they shipped a less than quality product. That said, a good Cobra is a great shave. And I would gladly buy a 2nd one to keep as a backup.

Also if you want to avoid the Russian roulette aspect. Buy one on BST. That way you know what you are getting.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm part of the group think mentality. And I've said this before on different threads as well. I got on the Cobra tour and tried it out. It was an incredible shave. Much thanks to Ouch for the program and great goodie box that comes with the razor.

I personally liked it so much I ordered one the day after I sent the travelling one on. Mine arrived in great condition and has been a great investment. It is sad however, that they have QC issues. For the price it should not happen and they should take care of shipping since they shipped a less than quality product. That said, a good Cobra is a great shave. And I would gladly buy a 2nd one to keep as a backup.

Also if you want to avoid the Russian roulette aspect. Buy one on BST. That way you know what you are getting.
Wise comments. Which batch did you buy your's from? The first batch seems the best run and there were some good pricing deals apparently.

In any event, your spin of the Cobra "revolver cylinder" came up on an empty chamber. Good!

PS: Your idea about buying off BST is not a bad one; except if somebody's selling theirs, it must be they don't think it's such a great razor. It could be they need the money or other reasons, but it seems paradoxical they would sell off the world's best shaver.

I received my Cobra from Classic Shaving today (takes 2 weeks to get to Oz) and looks like I have got one that has some production issues. I scored another Cobra from the BST a few weeks back and it's a nicely chromed, tight, great shaving razor - obviously from several runs ago as it came with the old style presentation box. The new one I have has less than perfect chroming on the underside, making it look cheap, there is a lot of play in the safety bar when it is closed and with a blade in there is still some play and it is possible to move it enough that it looks crooked in relation to the fixed head of the razor (due to the sloppy safety bar) plus if I'm not mistaken (without digital scales) it feels lighter in weight than my other Cobra.

It's rather disappointing, considering that these are obvioulsy made in small batches, you would think it would be possible for each razor to have a physical inspection before boxing.

Due to the time it takes for posting it back and the cost involved I'm in two minds whether to just wear it and see how it shaves, or send it back.

When I get some more time, I'll post pictures of the two side by side so you can see the very obvious differences in quality.

Disappointing to say the least.:glare:
Have you tried your razor or just looked at it and posted this? Let us know your results when you try it

Top Bottom