What's new

Cobra Classic ? Cobra Owners feel free to chime in :o)

I am now a Proud Owner of Cobra Classic Razor. I picked up this Cobra Classic on BST on Sunday. Well here is My issue, I noticed that once i put blade in it, blade was slightly uneven "sitting correctly on both tabs. Also there seems to be some play on the right side even though blade is secure and locked in place, I never noticed this when I used the Cobra on the pass around, So my ? is Do some of you Cobra Owners have this issue ? it maybe nothing but doesn't look normal. I haven't shaved with it yet, but im hoping there isn't and issue.

I'm an ex owner:

I'd read several times of instances of Classic Shaving's Cobra showing evidence of poor quality control,but tried it...liked the shave and purchased one new.
First Cobra arrived with unaceptable flaws in plating,the replacement they sent had ridiculous amount of play in the latch,as if it was barely attached.Customer Service proved to be clueless,returned for full refund.Perhaps the new production run will offer better quality control,I hope so for whoever's looking to buy.

I have no interest in ever owning one at any price.

wow that's not good for and SE razor that commands such a high price. Im going to shave with it, if i see its a problem ill ask the seller for a full refund :eek:/

I'm an ex owner:

I'd read several times of instances of Classic Shaving's Cobra showing evidence of poor quality control,but tried it...liked the shave and purchased one new.
First Cobra arrived with unaceptable flaws in plating,the replacement they sent had ridiculous amount of play in the latch,as if it was barely attached.Customer Service proved to be clueless,returned for full refund.Perhaps the new production run will offer better quality control,I hope so for whoever's looking to buy.

I have no interest in ever owning one at any price.

Mine was the same, didn't affect the shave at all though.
The same? Uneven blade exposure? Play on right side of razor if blade is facing you? I cant imagine it shaving well if it has uneven blade exposure as one End of the long blade will be more aggressive then the other end :eek:/

Well i got good news from ClassicShaving.com They agreed to Taking it back and Sending it to Manufacturer for Repair or Replacement :eek:) Ill keep you guys updated as soon as i get it back.

I guess I am lucky. The one I got from classic is spot on. Tight as a tick and shaves like a demon.

I guess I am lucky. The one I got from classic is spot on. Tight as a tick and shaves like a demon.
You are so right about the shave. This is once nice slick aggressive but Smooth Shaver for me at least :eek:) and you as well :eek:) This is why i wanted to get it fixed, So instead of Sending it back to the person i bought it from and kill the sale , I thought maybe i can have them take it back and Fix it or Replace it, Im sure the person who sold it to me didnt know it was bad, I only New because i got one from the Cobra Pass Around and everything was tight and Shaved nice, This one was just way to loose and left an Un Even Blade Gap and Wobble's a bit when put against face. Lets hope for the best I Really want this Razor :eek:)

Got me some good news Fellas :biggrin1: Got the Cobra Back Today and They have fixed the issue, Blade Gap is Even, No Wobbling after Securing the Blade in place, Everything is nice and Tight , Once I shave with it I will post again, It Took a little over3 weeks turn around time but it was worth the wait, as I have a few Razors to shave with so I was able to hang on and wait patiently :eek:)

No issues with mine at all. Glad they were able to get yours taken care of. It's a very nice shaving tool.

I would love to see someone build a stainless steel razor around the Feather Artist Club blades though...that would be very cool indeed.

Top Bottom