What's new

A new medical procedure make shaving obsolete

What is the most you would pay for a procedure to eliminate the need to shave?

• $2500 or more

• $500

• $100

• $0

• They would have to pay me

• I would never do this, regardless of cost

Results are only viewable after voting.
You open the paper, or turn on the news, to find out that researchers have developed a new procedure which alters the hair follicles on your face so that they can no longer grow whiskers. Through extensive testing, they have found that it's 100% safe, completely painless, takes only 15 minutes, and will completely eliminate the need to ever shave again. You can be assured of a lifetime of BBS on all or part of your face. No more nicks, weepers, 5 o'clock shadow, or razor burn. You could still, obviously use face moisturizers, splashes, toners, etc.

What is the most you would pay for such a procedure?

Before I started wetshaving, I would have said $500, maybe more. Now I don't think I would do it. I enjoy it too much.

Last edited:
I would not use it.

Already there is electrolysis and the only men who are usually interested are drag queens. (I tell no lie, search the web for electrolysis forums that discuss doing it for facial hair and you'll see for yourself.)

I would not use it.

Already there is electrolysis and the only men who are usually interested are drag queens. (I tell no lie, search the web for electrolysis forums that discuss doing it for facial hair and you'll see for yourself.)

My understanding is that electrolosis takes many sessions and can be pricey.

But regardless, I'm trying to find out how many of us would choose to continue to shave, even if we didn't have to, and how much would they be willing to pay for it, if anything.

I expect that the last option will get the most votes.

Whiskers, even when shaved closely, provide shading and coloration of the face. Because of this, elimination of facial hair would result in an unnatural skin appearance in males.

No way, even before discovering proper shaving I would want this and now I would really mis the daily shave.

Can I get it done just for my ears? :confused1

Exactly.

I put $500 ...but I would have the procedure done everywhere EXCEPT my beard. Head , neck, NOSE, ears, back, undercarrage, whole 9 yards.

So, if I wanted to sport a stache (not happening), or a beard, I could do it & still look trimed and neat with no effort.

Why, have you heard anything?? :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I would go for something of a 50-75% hair deduction in other places but leave my face alone, thank you! Wouldn't being 100% beardless, oh... be like a woman?

I would never do that. If someone did, they might as well keep going and turn themselves into a woman. Have facial hair is part of what makes you a man. I would feel naked if I wasn't able to grow facial hair anymore. I can see why that idea might be appealing for people who don't like shaving. But still, it doesn't seem right.

Don't they already have this? Laser hair removal or whatnot...

I know there are areas where I definitely never want hair (as a lady, armpits, or perhaps as a guy, the dreaded neckbeard?) and would have those areas done, but leave anything else that I might want someday.

Top Bottom