What's new

Best Bay Rum?

The suggestions really depends on whether you would like a traditional nay rum scent or not.

Al raz.

Was wondering myself as I have some Bay Rum pre-shave and balm from Em's place. I have heard good things about Ogallala, but it is witch hazel based where I prefer the burn of an alcohol based AS. I did some "research" and settled on a bottle of Domenica. Was curious about St. Lucia, but I couldn't find any reviews on it. The Domenica was around the same price as the Ogallala. I'll let you know how I like it when it shows up.

Was wondering myself as I have some Bay Rum pre-shave and balm from Em's place. I have heard good things about Ogallala, but it is witch hazel based where I prefer the burn of an alcohol based AS. I did some "research" and settled on a bottle of Domenica. Was curious about St. Lucia, but I couldn't find any reviews on it. The Domenica was around the same price as the Ogallala. I'll let you know how I like it when it shows up.
Thanks! I'll look for it!

Superior 70 at $2.29/bottle from Walgreens has great performance (esp. if you add a few drops of glycerine), excellent scent that is essentially pure bay rum, and if you don't like it, dump it and you've wagered very little.

Give me your opinion on the best Bay Rum Aftershave!!! I haven't tried one yet, but I will order one soon!!!

They are all different. My best suggestion is to get the Barclay Crocker bay rum sampler and judge for yourself. I went with that and got the sampler of their ASB, which I love.

IMO, one of the best ones is Ogalalla Bay Rum Sage & Cedar, followed closely by Lime & Peppercorns. I also like both versions of Dominica.

Bay rum, like most things here, is definitely YMMV.

Might have to look online since Bath and Body no longer keeps it, but my favorite is CO Bigelow Bay Rum. Nice sweet bay rum scent.

The one I use most often is Master Bay Rum, since it's cheap and locally available (Sally Beauty). I have a small bottle where I spice it up with an equal part of Pinaud VI Bay Rum (the latter is good on its own too, but sometimes you want the glycerine of Master).

When I want something sweeter, I go with vintage Avon Bay Rum (or Ogallala Limes & Peppercorns if I want to smell like candy).

The true standout and ruler of the roost: vintage Royall Bay Rhum. Raw bay tree leaf with mint and camphor.

Top Bottom