What's new

Wee Scot Roadshow

I've decided to finally give (almost) everyone the chance to try the magnificent Wee Scot. This will be your standard shave, shave, pass event.

Because I'm a poor college student and the $35 it costs to replace a Wee Scot isn't exactly nothing to me, I have decided to place some restrictions on participants.

1. Minimum 1 year membership
2. Minimum 500 posts
3. US and Canada only. Sorry everyone else, shipping is a pain.
4. No more than 20 contestants

I might lower them if I'm not getting any takers.

If you meet the first two requirements, go ahead and put your name down, first come first serve.

Keep the brush for a week or so, give it a try with soaps and/or creams.

Pass it on to the next guy.

Simple!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Wee scots are a fun little brush. Too small for me, but if you're a small brush guy, they're about as good as they come. I actually reknotted a vintage 14mm turnback, and failing to find anything else in that size worth using, I was forced to butcher a Wee for its head.

I am a couple of months short of a year but I love to try the Wee Scott if you change the requirements. Thanks for the offer.

I'd love to try the Wee Scot! As a college student, I understand the regulations you've placed on the roadshow. I would probably do the same. :lol:

So far I've got:

Orchestrion (Matt)
Merkur 25 (Brian)

Depending on interest:
Noahpictures
Franz (new but I enjoy his posts :lol:)

Great idea Drew- many thanks for sharing your Wee Scot. Come on guys and sign up- you are in for a real treat!

After lusting after one for the last year, I just bought a Wee Scot myself. Great little brush. This is an awesome idea!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
While I'm waiting to get one, I'll keep myself occupied by shaving with a single hair that shed from another brush.

Should be good practice for the wee scot.

Last edited:
I am just 2 months short of a year myself so if you change the rules I would like to try it. I will be out of town until about June 5 though. so if I am permitted to join in I can do it anytime after that.

Thank you for the opportunity to try this unique little brush. :thumbup:

I'd love to sign up, but I don't have 500 posts yet. I do meet the one year requirement. If you loosen your requirements count me in.

I give in. Add me to the list. I don't think I want a brush smaller than my beloved Simpson Berkeley, but I'll give the Alexander Simpson Wee Scot a shot at unseating the Berkeley as my favorite brush. Thanks, Drew.

I give in. Add me to the list. I don't think I want a brush smaller than my beloved Simpson Berkeley, but I'll give the Alexander Simpson Wee Scot a shot at unseating the Berkeley as my favorite brush. Thanks, Drew.

If you find the Wee too small, look at the Special. It's about the same size as the berkeley but doesn't really bloom, so it feels smaller and denser on the face.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Despite trying about half of Simpsons range, my three keepers right now are the Wee Scot, the Special, and the Berkeley.

If you find the Wee too small, look at the Special. It's about the same size as the berkeley but doesn't really bloom, so it feels smaller and denser on the face.

Top Bottom