What's new

Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl or DE89L?

About to pull the trigger on EJ. What is the difference between these two models? Descriptions indicate the DE89Lbl is the Chrome Plated Lined Detail and the DE89L is just Lined Chrome Handle.

Most websites just seem to use the same picture for both. :mad3:

Bob

I've never heard of this DE89LBL, but I love my DE89L. It's a great razor. It looks gorgeous and shaves beautifully.

I just received this razor today from The English Shaving Co. I just finished shaving with it and it beats my 3 Merkurs, a Fat Boy, a Parker, several Techs and a Gem or two to death. The order blank says it is a lined chrome plated. The box says it is a Diffusion Range (whatever that means). It is a heavy razor and needs little pressure. I used a standard chrome Schick blade because it was the first thing I came to in the drawer, but it was great. No nicks or cuts.

I think it was a great choice and it was only 18.30 lbs. Shipping was free to the states.

I don't know the difference in the model numbers, but the one I got is a great razor.

The bottom of the razor is unique as it is curved where the other razors are flat. This may make a difference in the shaving angle.

Bill

DE89L has vertical lines running the length of the chrome handle.
DE89 has a smooth chrome handle (no lines)

Yes but this is a DE89Lbl vs. a DE89L. I know the non L DE89 is smooth. So there is three versions I guess?

Hmm there seems to be no info on the web about this DE89Lbl version. Strange... Typo? Although seems to be on many different sites.

I just ordered the LBL version today. I was a little unsure of the difference when I ordered. Should take about a week, I'll post what I end up with when I get it.

S

siouxsie

I'm pretty sure there is only the DE89 and DE89L. How do I know? Check theenghlishshavingcompay.com .

They are the retailers for Jagger. And there's no DE89Lblsyapeaieng/'/a

:lol:

Maybe it would help if you posted a link to where you got it.

I think this is originating from there being two places to order the same razor on their website with weird descriptions. One says

Edwin Jagger DE razor - Chrome plated

The others say:

Edwin Jagger DE razor - Lined Chrome plated
Plain Chrome

Edwin Jagger DE razor - Lined Chrome plated
Lined Chrome

These last two have the goofy numbers and letters after the L. I think the 1st and 2nd are the same plain non-lined razor since there are pictures for only the lined and unlined.

Last edited by a moderator:
The product descriptions for those two Amazon items are not identical, but I didn't notice it until right now, even after wondering this myself for a few days. BL version is as follows:

This fabulous traditional double edge safety razor is fitted with the latest precision manufactured Edwin Jagger DE razor blade head creating great interest among experienced wet shavers requiring a close and accurate wet shave with finished results comparable to the original straight cut throat razor. The classic closed comb head, expertly engineered caps the highly polished chrome plated solid brass tubular handle with the Edwin Jagger name embossed around the collar. With an Edwin Jagger traditional double edge safety razor you can achieve a very close shave helping to reduce ingrowing hairs. Each DE razor is supplied with 5 Derby safety blades so the razor is shave ready.

LBL version:

This fabulous traditional double edge safety razor is fitted with the latest precision manufactured Edwin Jagger DE razor blade head creating great interest among experienced wet shavers requiring a close and accurate wet shave with finished results comparable to the original straight cut throat razor. The classic closed comb head, expertly engineered caps the highly polished chrome plated solid brass tubular handle with the Edwin Jagger name embossed around the collar. Traditional lined pattern detail enhance this well balanced Edwin Jagger traditional double edge safety razor perfectly performing very close shave results and reducing ingrowing hairs. Each DE razor is supplied with 5 Derby safety blades so the razor is shave ready.

I take this to mean that, indeed, the LBL is the DE89L, while the BL is the regular DE89. I ordered the LBL under this assumption and it should get here next week. I'll update when it comes in.

I just received this razor today from The English Shaving Co. I just finished shaving with it and it beats my 3 Merkurs, a Fat Boy, a Parker, several Techs and a Gem or two to death. The order blank says it is a lined chrome plated. The box says it is a Diffusion Range (whatever that means). It is a heavy razor and needs little pressure. I used a standard chrome Schick blade because it was the first thing I came to in the drawer, but it was great. No nicks or cuts.

I think it was a great choice and it was only 18.30 lbs. Shipping was free to the states.

I don't know the difference in the model numbers, but the one I got is a great razor.

The bottom of the razor is unique as it is curved where the other razors are flat. This may make a difference in the shaving angle.

Bill

I am waiting for mine to be delivered from the English Shaving CO. It was a sweet deal.

I ordered and received from The English Shaving Co. The service was exceedingly fast.

I have been shaving with it for over a week now, and I'll be posting a review next week.

The Executive Summary: Outstanding material and workmanship. A very good razor with an Astra Platinum, but not quite the equal of my Slants, Futur, or some of my SE razors in mowing down stubble. However, the most irritation free shaves I've had.

I just ordered mine from the English Shaving Company also. It was just too good of a deal to pass up. I had been looking at this razor for a while, and then I used my brother's a few days ago, and that sealed the deal. A fantastic razor at a fantastic price! :001_smile

Just a quick not to say that if anyone else is ordering off Amazon, the razor labeled "De89LBL" is the lined razor that is really the DE89L to everyone here.

Just got mine, and boy is it pretty!

Just a quick not to say that if anyone else is ordering off Amazon, the razor labeled "De89LBL" is the lined razor that is really the DE89L to everyone here.

Just a guess, but maybe the 'bl' at the end of the model number was added for the razor that is sold with blades, as opposed to just the razor itself.

Do these come in the pretty blue "Diffusion" box or the more generic burgundy box that TESC was sending at some point?

Top Bottom