What's new

Acquisitions April-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just managed to grab what I think is a nice British #48

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
I saw that--I think it didn't start as a BIN, but seller changed it, and it sold right after (could be wrong about that tho). Looks to be a pretty nice piece.

I saw that--I think it didn't start as a BIN, but seller changed it, and it sold right after (could be wrong about that tho). Looks to be a pretty nice piece.

That's the one. As there were no bids on it, I aked the seller if he was interested in a Buy It Now. He was so he got an amount that he was very happy about and I got a razor for a nice price.

• Gillette Apparat Nr. 52, no date code, Made in Germany
  • Gillette Tech, date code: M 2 (1974), Made in Germany

full

Regarding the Razor Rating-Grading Guideline I got the Tech from 'fair' to 'excellent' and the Apparat from 'fair' to 'good'. The Apparat is slightly bent and can not open as easily as a new one would open. But its silo doors align. Both still need to be disinfected before tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my most recent acquisitions:

2 pucks of Vintage Williams (Beechum era), and a Schick Injector Can:

proxy.php

I got the Canned Injector for about $20, and it is NOS. I don't think a lot of people looking at it realized that it contained a brand new L style Injector!! Here is the contents of the can after opening with a can opener:

proxy.php

Here are my most recent acquisitions:

2 pucks of Vintage Williams (Beechum era), and a Schick Injector Can:

proxy.php

I got the Canned Injector for about $20, and it is NOS. I don't think a lot of people looking at it realized that it contained a brand new L style Injector!! Here is the contents of the can after opening with a can opener:

proxy.php

That is something else. Like tennis balls or concentrate. I not sure I would have ever realized it...

-jim

Today was an awesome day! Not only did I find a load of NOS items, including a Gillette Super 109, I also got two Old Spice Mugs, a Star razor, A Christy razor(which had a Rolls Razor handle in the box, which I needed), a Gillette Travel Kit, and a Strop. The Star Razor is appears to have a metal cap, but the rest of it feels like plastic/bakelite(the piece of plastic next to the razor is from something else but not the razor). Anyone have any info on this razor?

Between trips to Cambridge Chemist and Pasteurs, as well as some quality OCD time on eBay:

C&S Oxford and Cambridge soap
C&S #88 soap
Floris #89 soap
Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil soap
Musgo Real After Shave Splash
Simpson Milk Churn brush in Best Badger
1 pack of Feathers
1 pack of Super Iridiums
2 pucks of NOS Old Spice soap (fully scented :thumbup:)
3 Old Spice Mugs
1 NOS bottle of Shulton Old Spice ASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom