What's new

Collar Stays

Anybody know where to buy collar stays. I usually forget to take them out of my shirts before sending to the cleaner, and they always come back with the stays missing. Years ago the cleaners used to have them.

I got some at a walgreens, when I for got mine on a trip once. They came in a varity of sizes. I think they cost $1. Might also try a fabric store. You should be able to pick them up locally pretty easily

At my local Men's Wearhouse, they have a basket full of loose stays by the cash register; "help yourself".

The laundry/cleaner is usually a good source for the basic plastic ones. They normally give them away free for the asking (at least mine does). I have a bag of Land's End stays in my desk drawer in the office, so I guess they sell them, too. I also have some brass stays from Charles Tyrwhitt, but I'm not sure I like the extra stiffness of those.

Just poke aropund a little -- you'll find them.

Good luck!

I toss the plastic ones and use brass ones from Jos A Bank or any other's. I just have to remember to take them out from the cleaners which isn't hard since I only have a few sets and have to rotate them like I do my soaps are razors.

Kohls has the best price I've seen on brass collar stays. I think its $5 for 20 or something ridiculous like that.

Brass or steel > plastic bendy ones IMHO. Otherwise, just remove the collar stays and go for the disheveled look.

you can get brass ones on ebay I bought some from quality stays. They were like $15 for 24, they're nice enough to be inside my shirts!

Got mine at Nordstroms. Pretty much any department store or place that sells mens suits will carry them. A very good investment btw. Really glad I picked up a box.

Ben

I also picked up a set of brass stays at Nordstrom's, probably 15 years ago. I still have them and still use them. Brass might cost a little more, but they hold up.

I have found that brass stays tend to wear out my collar tips. Not a good thing at all. I find that plastic "bones" work as well as brass. Not sure I like the extra stiffness of brass even aside from the wear.

Most shirt-makers and decent menswear stores should have them. I always toss the plastic ones that come with new shirts and use brass or mother-of-pearl ones.......... then I make a point of checking my shirts before they go to the cleaners! :blush:

Swing by Nordstrom and see if they have some at the Customer Service counter. They usually have small packs of collar stays available. While you're at it, ask for a sewing kit ;)

Jos A Bank, Brooks Brothers, and a few other stores usually have small containers for sale at the register.

An expired credit card or similar item can be used in a pinch. Just cut a couple strips, and cut to desired length.

Top Bottom