What's new

First Real Lather and (female) DE Shave! Please Critique (pics!)

Great job on a first shave, Barber-Eile!

I help my wife with shaving her legs, so this is what I've noticed in our experiences shaving... For getting the soap on the brush, there are some great tips in the sticky at the top of this board, but I always listen for a squishy/sticky sound between my brush and my soap to know I've picked up a good amount to build lather with.

My wife shaves against the grain, and usually does one pass with a touch-up pass. She uses my Merkur HD, and it doesn't seem to build up much hair, though we usually rinse after a stroke just because of all the lather that collects on the razor. I've also found that the skin on her legs is a bit tougher than my face, so it's a bit more forgiving of pressure than my chin is.

Good luck to you, and great outfit, it really showed off your nice shave!

Welcome to wet-shaving. You're pretty brave to post a shot of your stems on a forum full of guys. I'm not sure I'd be so confident the other way 'round. Glad to see you had a great first go. It's a lot better (a whole lot better) than the usual shots of scruffy necks with razor bumps :laugh:. I really do like the outfit BTW. Very cute.

Welcome to wet-shaving. You're pretty brave to post a shot of your stems on a forum full of guys. I'm not sure I'd be so confident the other way 'round. Glad to see you had a great first go. It's a lot better (a whole lot better) than the usual shots of scruffy necks with razor bumps :laugh:. I really do like the outfit BTW. Very cute.
:001_unsur:blushing:
Actually you'll notice that a few posts ago I thought about taking the picture down.
... and that thought is creeping back in ...

Thank you for the welcome and compliment on my outfit though.
Also, it's not totally all guys, we ladies have our own group on here now and everything!

Outstanding "results"! But seriously, good job with the lather. The 2nd looks better imo.

The shoes are very appealing as well. Looks great with the red...

Good to see you're getting acceptable results! I find my first pass looks more like your second, and my second pass looks more like your first. I like a bit more cushion on the first pass, and a bit more glide on the second.

Just watch this omg, I need one of her soaps!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDsptQLRA00[/YOUTUBE]

By the way when I did a female friends (My Avatar) legs I bowl lathered too!

A well-thought process and equipment selection. The dress and shoes frame up your excellent results. :biggrin:

Barber-Eile said:
*mental note to self - work on accepting compliments*

I know what you mean, but on the other side of it. I believe in giving compliments but hold back often because I'm not sure if the woman will think I'm making a pass or being creepy. It's never happened, so I should probably trust my experience.

Yup this video's great as are Mama Bears Soaps!

There seems to be quite a few of you men out there shaving your lady's legs!

I don't shave my gf's legs, but I've provided the advice, hardware and software for the job. She bowl lathers, but she has a Palmolive shave stick she's going to try too. I face lather 98% of the time, and, as someone said earlier, that may be easier than bowl lathering for getting the lather consistency right. Just something to try. Anyway, welcome, and glad you're getting good results.

-Andy

Last edited:
Barber-Eile, I'm dutifly going through Corey Greenberg's Shaveblog and I thought I'd just pass along his wife's experiences. Apparently Cremo Cream is great for shaving legs. It can be used without a brush, too.

B

bluefoxicy

I used to be more confident about them but a bit of weight here and there over the last two years I guess has given my confidence a knock.

http://www.c25k.com/

This should knock your confidence back up a notch. And also make your legs look even better in general, and then you won't have any excuse to not wear skirts! :001_tt1:

Last edited by a moderator:
:blushing: Thanks John. Maybe I'm just a bit shy. I VERY rarely wear any kind of skirt and when I do I tend to wear thick black tights so to BARE my bare legs (heehee) in the photo here was quite unnerving for me. I used to be more confident about them but a bit of weight here and there over the last two years I guess has given my confidence a knock.

The compliments on here are flattering though so thank you everyone :)

Don't feel you have to live up to the stick-figure image of women that the media has been selling us.:glare: Real men like real women with curves! My wife has curves and I am glad of it!:001_tt1::thumbup:

Dave

B

bluefoxicy

Don't feel you have to live up to the stick-figure image of women that the media has been selling us.:glare: Real men like real women with curves! My wife has curves and I am glad of it!:001_tt1::thumbup:

Dave

I've started liking curves recently (like, a year or two ago); I loves me some petites though ;)

That being said, women that put a little effort into their bodies tend to be a bit more confident in themselves. Maybe 'cause they don't think they have to worry about "letting themselves go" anymore. Actually, that worked for me too; when I was more active, I wasn't exactly a super hot muscle jock, but I felt better about my slightly-less-pudgy body. Girls are supposed to be a bit softer... guys are like bricks o_o

As long as they're not annorexic and spending 80% of their life working out :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say the results you got on your legs are much better than what I've been doing to my face.

Then again, you had better material to start with than I did.:001_tt1:

Dave

+1

I don't mind a woman to be a little "thick". Curves are a great thing.

The stick thin ideal that Hollywood pushes disgusts me, as most women can never look like a super model no matter how hard they tried.

It's an unrealistic ideal, that doesn't jive with what most men find attractive.

I am a large man, and I have no interest in females who look like they are frail, and might break.

Country Music Superstar, Miranda Lambert, is my vision of an ideal woman: very curvy, and proud of it:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom