What's new

P&G/Gillette is moving from Russia to India?

Disclaimer for the DE and SE blade ''gurus and experts'': I didn't take that picture nor do I know how genuine it is or if the blades are counterfeit or not, so please don't jump on me.

I just saw this photo uploaded on a Facebook shaving group and decided to share it here. Some folks might already be aware of this, but I wasn't aware that the Astra blades are now made in India or if perhaps all Gillette blades are now made there, but I would definetly like to know more.

350540012_3714285052164144_8576345783444921061_n.jpg

This happened a lot faster than I thought it would.
Below was a speculative discussion about the move from Russia I started

I am surprised this thread isn't already 10 pages. :lol:
At least a few new questions arise. Will they continue making blades in both locations? Will they start making also the other blade brands in India? And of course how the Indian ones shave?

Last edited:

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
I have a few years worth of PPI blades. If the new ones prove to be better, that's awesome. If they're worse, it's a good thing I really like the new Dorco blades made in Vietnam.

Baddi in Himachal is the same place where they make all other Gillette blades at various price points. The super platinum blacks are top of the line, hence optimistic these Astra would be good too.

So I wonder what changes from blade to blade except level of sharpness? Or is it all about branding ?

Baddi Plant - India_v2.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom