What's new

P&G/Gillette is moving from Russia to India?

I would bet that the Brazilian Wilkinson has switched over to Chinese production, as it seems that that's what has happened to the formerly Brazilian Gillette Super Thin Mejorada:

View attachment 1707005
View attachment 1707006

Thanks for the info. Yes it does seem that way, the factory in Brazil was closed if I am correct? It seems the way of the world that's cheaper to make the product elsewhere, then ship it to the host nation.

I would bet that the Brazilian Wilkinson has switched over to Chinese production, as it seems that that's what has happened to the formerly Brazilian Gillette Super Thin Mejorada:

View attachment 1707005
View attachment 1707006

Thanks for the info. Yes it does seem that way, the factory in Brazil was closed if I am correct? It seems the way of the world that's cheaper to make the product elsewhere, then ship it to the host nation.
Hello my friends!
Thank you for the information.
As far as I know, the Brazilian Wilkinson continues to be made at the P&G factory in Manaus, Amazonas. The Gillette Platinum sold in Brazil is made in China. But, I may be out of date...

Have a good weekend!
❤️ 🪒
IMG_0310.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0313.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not alarmed by Gillette's strategies to move the production of some blades from Russia to India and China.
If I understand correctly, the brands that are no longer produced in the St. Petersburg plant in Russia are Astra, Gillette King and Gillette platinum blue
I noticed that these are blades that are quite common in large-scale distribution organized for the general public, perhaps they need to produce large quantities of blades, so the decision to change the country of production doesn't worry me.
It is my personal opinion that blade brands that cater to a niche clientele i.e. all other Gillette products that are produced in Russia will continue to be produced there for many years to come.
Of course it's just my idea

So, it is February now. And still it seems to me the title of this thread has been proven wrong by time.

It seems to me P&G only moved those models that are sold in the Western World to China and India. So far 4 models.

They keep manufacturing the models for Asia and Africa at PPI. Same applies for the two models marketed in Russia only.
I saw June-July 2023 blades - Iridium -Super and Dark blue Gillette Platinums. Could be it is only a matter of a few months before we see Perms-Sharp, 7 o'clocks, Nacet manufactured at PPI in late 2023 - early 2024.

Last edited:
So, it is February now. And still it seems to me the title of this thread has been proven wrong by time.

It seems to me P&G only moved those models that are sold in the Western World to China and India. So far 4 models.

They keep manufacturing the models for Asia and Africa at PPI. Same applies for the two models marketed in Russia only.
I saw June-July 2023 blades - Iridium -Super and Dark blue Gillette Platinums. Could be it is only a matter of a few months before we see Perms-Sharp, 7 o'clocks, Nacet manufactured at PPI in late 2023 - early 2024.
Could it be that they still had material left in stock that they needed to finish using up because it was too costly to ship that material to China or India? That would be my guess on why there are still Mfg dates past the announced move...

Could it be that they still had material left in stock that they needed to finish using up because it was too costly to ship that material to China or India? That would be my guess on why there are still Mfg dates past the announced move...
This seems reasonable. I have heard that the new lines in India, China, and Vietnam got brand new machinery.

So, the machines that made the blades before are probably still going to make something. We may see whole different branding and such.

I don't think that is the case. They can use the material (stainless steel ribbon) to manufacture the blades for the Russian market (Rubie, Sputnik). Russia is 147 million, add to that Belarus - 10 million. It's a huge market, considering a greater percentage of men in Russia use DE, compared to the Western world.

The majority of users just see it as black and white: P&G will move all DE blades to India and China. I have to admit, that is what I thought too in the summer.

But why? Middle East countries don't care about the Western world's embargo on Russian manufactured products. Same applies to Turkey, Morocco. So from pragmatical point of view, why should they change the manufacturing plant of the 7 o'clocks, Iridium -Super, Nacet and Minora?

Last edited:
This seems reasonable. I have heard that the new lines in India, China, and Vietnam got brand new machinery.
Heard? What new lines?
Gillette Shanghai and Gillette India have been manufacturing DE blades for decades. The Gillette plant that has been opened in Vietnam a few years ago doesn't manufacture DE blades. Only cartridges and disposables.

Top Bottom