What's new

What soap do you find yourself using most often?

So, do you have a bunch of soaps that sit while you find yourself using a small handful? What are they?
They are it is — Clubman!
Clubman-MORE_2023-01-07.jpg
:001_wub:

I have over 200 soaps in my collection, even after giving some away. Of those, I have 75-80 soaps that are in my active rotation. The only soaps in my rotation are rated as either elite or super-elite. Those soaps are divided into three groups. I will use all the soaps in one group before starting on the next group. That insures that all soaps are used, but it is not a strict rotation as some days I might select a specific soap or scent. As I am only shaving 3-4 times per week, once I use a soap, it might not get used again for another six months. The only exception to this practice is if I add a new soap to my collection. I will use a new soap several times to make sure the lather is dialed-in before rating the soap. However, even if I love the new soap, it goes to the bottom of the rotation as soon as the evaluation is completed.

I have over 200 soaps in my collection, even after giving some away. Of those, I have 75-80 soaps that are in my active rotation. The only soaps in my rotation are rated as either elite or super-elite. Those soaps are divided into three groups. I will use all the soaps in one group before starting on the next group. That insures that all soaps are used, but it is not a strict rotation as some days I might select a specific soap or scent. As I am only shaving 3-4 times per week, once I use a soap, it might not get used again for another six months. The only exception to this practice is if I add a new soap to my collection. I will use a new soap several times to make sure the lather is dialed-in before rating the soap. However, even if I love the new soap, it goes to the bottom of the rotation as soon as the evaluation is completed.
Out of all of those so you have a top 2 or 3 favorites?

Love Clubman!
:thumbup:
I have the soap too, have used it a time or two as well...
I loved it from first use. :001_wub:
Since then I've had two shaves with TFS Mandarino Tachibana, but all the rest have been Clubman. :cornut:

Here's my last SOTD:
SOTD-Athena-X28-G_2023-05-11.jpg

^ That was my 88th (nearly) consecutive "Clubman Shave Soap" shave.

I face lather and load from the tub... so I repotted two of the small Clubman 59g tubs into my favorite size tub (so I can use a bigger than tiny brush).

Please accept my apologies for TMI. :blushing:

:thumbup:

I loved it from first use. :001_wub:
Since then I've had two shaves with TFS Mandarino Tachibana, but all the rest have been Clubman. :cornut:

Here's my last SOTD:
View attachment 1653978
^ That was my 88th (nearly) consecutive "Clubman Shave Soap" shave.

I face lather and load from the tub... so I repotted two of the small Clubman 59g tubs into my favorite size tub (so I can use a bigger than tiny brush).

Please accept my apologies for TMI. :blushing:
Cool labels!

• Cheers
Reactions: Cal

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Mutton tallow and lanolin treats my skin well. Stirling Scots Pine Sheep and Varen are my go to soaps. As @Hannah's Dad turned me onto Stirling mutton soaps, I’m now looking into his recommendation of Grooming Dept Kairos and Kairos SE.
Trust me, Doug. As good as the mutton tallow is, the Kairos base will leave your skin feeling amazing for an entire 24+ hours. And I was solidly off the GD train for a few years due to the drama which always accompanied the GD drops. But with other vendors now selling/shipping Mo’s soap, the drama is somewhat muted.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Trust me, Doug. As good as the mutton tallow is, the Kairos base will leave your skin feeling amazing for an entire 24+ hours. And I was solidly off the GD train for a few years due to the drama which always accompanied the GD drops. But with other vendors now selling/shipping Mo’s soap, the drama is somewhat muted.
I have some GD Pura, his unscented soap, waited for trial when we get home. I don’t know what base it is. I’m going to check now.

It’s the Kairos base. I got it because I like his pre-shave so much. I realize pre-shaves are loved or hated here, but the good ones seem to make a difference for me. Perhaps they cover up the inadequacies of my technique, but I’ve tried with and without. I get better, more consistent shaves with GD, PAA and Baume.be pre-shaves.

Top Bottom