What's new

minimalist quest for the #1

I'm sure it's somewhere in this journal, but what razor is this? It's stunning!
Thanks
its a Timeless Razor in Titanium
.68 gap and with a SB (straight bar)
they have a few other gaps and base plate designs with a Open Comb and a Scallop a few other razors and the handle (timeless also) is called the Crown which many love and do agree its my fav looking razor many do get the Ti handle and put it on other razors as changes the feel and balance used to use it on my GameChanger :) and loved it on that also
and welcome to B&B

Thanks
its a Timeless Razor in Titanium
.68 gap and with a SB (straight bar)
they have a few other gaps and base plate designs with a Open Comb and a Scallop a few other razors and the handle (timeless also) is called the Crown which many love and do agree its my fav looking razor many do get the Ti handle and put it on other razors as changes the feel and balance used to use it on my GameChanger :) and loved it on that also
and welcome to B&B

Thanks!

I noticed you had the Game Changer 0.68mm and rated it very well. Have you ever tried the RazoRock BBS or another razor without a blade gap?

Thanks!

I noticed you had the Game Changer 0.68mm and rated it very well. Have you ever tried the RazoRock BBS or another razor without a blade gap?
I had a BBS forgot exact reason but the one that I remember most is the angle is kinda narrow as in the sweet spot it shaved with :) so found it a bit tougher for consistency of the shave and just wanted something more comfy to shave with

I did sell the GC recently while I did love it I just prefer the Timeless TI a touch more and my goal really is just to have one razor I love the most and going for low blade feel ultra comfortable shaves
I do want to try the Kai Kasho Captain (straight razor looking but uses a artist club blade) also just to see what that is about :)

at 59yr old only been into the DE for a few years and yeah life changing good so also want to give the straight razor idea a try without the blade maintenance and then see if I want to go into a true straight as they are not the same as the Feather or Kai that use the artist blades but closer than a DE !

So that is also why I narrow down to just my timeless for now and again depending on the Kai will most likely get a Wolfman in that lower gap again
but I was glad I had a bunch of razors on hand for the first 2 yrs to really try long term and switch up get a really good feel of what I liked and did not like over that learning time and now just want one razor I know the most and then compare that to the next one I want to try more a hyperfocus thing ya could say

as far as the gaps go does seem to be I prefer the more mild and prefer the less blade exposure razors

jumping back to the GC 68 an 84 I preferred the 84 of those two I also had the Lupo in 72 and 95 and both of those were just to blade forward/exposure for me to like

So maybe not as much the gap of the razor has to be low and more about the blade exposure being lower and I would say when both of those are lower they are for sure the more mellow razors :) as many here really get into the higher gap higher blade feel and while many of those do also love to seem to have a few razors on hand and not shave every day so can see why they would like that option (not all of course but seems more so that way)

I love to shave every day and prefer the ultimate comfort over ultra efficient and still get insane good shaves with my timeless ! And never ever feel like I am close to nicking myself in any way no weeper nothing ! And when the splash hits the face I prefer no sting no burn nothing as to me that just means my face got scraped and I got some irritation :) so I might be a minority on that hahahahaha

I had also tried a Rex Ambassador many love but way to much blade feel for my face :)

had a few Wolfman WR2 (WR1 I have not used but seems to be a more blade feel than the WR2) and do think they are some of the best razors out there had the .95 and 1.15 and the 1.15 I could only use daily for a week before it would become to much for me so that kinda told me that was past the range of comfort
IMHO if ya can swing the cost and they are easy to resell without loosing much at all especially if ya buy used ! I would say buy a .95 and see what ya think ! They are amazing razors also

the .95 I could have kept using but just prefer a touch less blade feel for daily BUT if I was to have two razors that .95 could be a great razor as its still super comfy and never had a issue with it

which I do think leads me to in the future maybe trying a wolfman in the .75 or .85 or maybe both in a single head :) not sure what the exposure is on those but have read a few reviews here and some found them to mild and some found their goldilocks razor !

Also when I do try a super low gap wolfman will be a Ti one for sure as I just love the feel of Ti on the face something unique about it and many say softer which I do agree with

hope that long rambling helped and sorry for bad grammar :)

I had a BBS forgot exact reason but the one that I remember most is the angle is kinda narrow as in the sweet spot it shaved with :) so found it a bit tougher for consistency of the shave and just wanted something more comfy to shave with

I did sell the GC recently while I did love it I just prefer the Timeless TI a touch more and my goal really is just to have one razor I love the most and going for low blade feel ultra comfortable shaves
I do want to try the Kai Kasho Captain (straight razor looking but uses a artist club blade) also just to see what that is about :)

at 59yr old only been into the DE for a few years and yeah life changing good so also want to give the straight razor idea a try without the blade maintenance and then see if I want to go into a true straight as they are not the same as the Feather or Kai that use the artist blades but closer than a DE !

So that is also why I narrow down to just my timeless for now and again depending on the Kai will most likely get a Wolfman in that lower gap again
but I was glad I had a bunch of razors on hand for the first 2 yrs to really try long term and switch up get a really good feel of what I liked and did not like over that learning time and now just want one razor I know the most and then compare that to the next one I want to try more a hyperfocus thing ya could say

as far as the gaps go does seem to be I prefer the more mild and prefer the less blade exposure razors

jumping back to the GC 68 an 84 I preferred the 84 of those two I also had the Lupo in 72 and 95 and both of those were just to blade forward/exposure for me to like

So maybe not as much the gap of the razor has to be low and more about the blade exposure being lower and I would say when both of those are lower they are for sure the more mellow razors :) as many here really get into the higher gap higher blade feel and while many of those do also love to seem to have a few razors on hand and not shave every day so can see why they would like that option (not all of course but seems more so that way)

I love to shave every day and prefer the ultimate comfort over ultra efficient and still get insane good shaves with my timeless ! And never ever feel like I am close to nicking myself in any way no weeper nothing ! And when the splash hits the face I prefer no sting no burn nothing as to me that just means my face got scraped and I got some irritation :) so I might be a minority on that hahahahaha

I had also tried a Rex Ambassador many love but way to much blade feel for my face :)

had a few Wolfman WR2 (WR1 I have not used but seems to be a more blade feel than the WR2) and do think they are some of the best razors out there had the .95 and 1.15 and the 1.15 I could only use daily for a week before it would become to much for me so that kinda told me that was past the range of comfort
IMHO if ya can swing the cost and they are easy to resell without loosing much at all especially if ya buy used ! I would say buy a .95 and see what ya think ! They are amazing razors also

the .95 I could have kept using but just prefer a touch less blade feel for daily BUT if I was to have two razors that .95 could be a great razor as its still super comfy and never had a issue with it

which I do think leads me to in the future maybe trying a wolfman in the .75 or .85 or maybe both in a single head :) not sure what the exposure is on those but have read a few reviews here and some found them to mild and some found their goldilocks razor !

Also when I do try a super low gap wolfman will be a Ti one for sure as I just love the feel of Ti on the face something unique about it and many say softer which I do agree with

hope that long rambling helped and sorry for bad grammar :)
This is an incredibly helpful reply, thank you! I also read elsewhere that the optimal angle for the BBS is harder to find. This alone tilts me towards the GC, but we shall see.

I'm surprised to see you prefer the 0.84 to the 0.68 GC even though you prefer milder shaves. Am I correct that this means the 0.84 doesn't sacrifice any comfort for its gain in efficiency?

This is an incredibly helpful reply, thank you! I also read elsewhere that the optimal angle for the BBS is harder to find. This alone tilts me towards the GC, but we shall see.

I'm surprised to see you prefer the 0.84 to the 0.68 GC even though you prefer milder shaves. Am I correct that this means the 0.84 doesn't sacrifice any comfort for its gain in efficiency?
Yeah agree on the GC over the BBS
the one thing I did not like on the GC is the reverse blade tabs and sure you have read that ? Its not a huge deal you get used to it quite quickly but its a bit finicky to me but did not let it sway me

if you get a GC I would say get the extra plate :) cheap enough really and just play with them for a few months

yeah the GC 84 IMHO is the same comfort as the 68 you get a bit of blade feel I do not think that is related to comfort either as it can be smooth like the GC or the Wolfmans
but nothing like the lupo as example for me that actually was not as comfy so even the Lupo 72 was not comfy :)

its for sure more blade feel than the Timeless 68 with the SB
the efficiency of the Timeless 68 for me was better than the GC 84 though :) and the face feel of the Timeless Ti was nicer for me the old YMMV of course

About the GC .68 vs the .84
I think you end up in the same end spot (as in after you shave how your face feels) BUT to many passes of the .68 can lead to that irritation and the last pass ATG for me the efficiency of the 68 got in the way of my 59yr old red/grey whiskers that the other razors would do better and just would not cut enough of them without a lot of extra work
Not saying my Timeless does not take some extra clean up it does but being so comfy its fine balance for me

Out of all my razors my final 3 were the Wolfman .95 the GC 84 and my timeless !
All were that good and just comes down to little things IMHO that says a lot about the GC standing up to those and I would have been happy with each one on its own for its own unique feel but do love the looks of the Timeless Like the plates you can easily get and LOVE the Titanium and was going for that how smooth of shave can I get with NO blade feel :) as I know I can come back and get any of the other razors again if I decide I want that and know what each offers ! Again why I do think its worthy trying any and all razors you are curious about :)

Decided to try this as a pre shave from reading some other posts here :)

and while I am not testing pre shaves so much I do plan on it but had to order a few things from Amazon so figured why not !

37baf881-e04f-496c-9fe2-5ef49c26109d-jpeg.1610404

Todays kit

Timeless Ti .68 SB

the blades Dorco ST300 with Nacet as the base to compare
Dorco lost for sure and was binned very tuggy not as bad as some but for sure nothing like the sharper Nacet and post comfort also fell behind to match the not so good shave !
I have tried some blades that are not quite as sharp but the post is about the same this was not the case tomorrow a Dorco platinum

CC Cream mix of Lime and Bay Rum nice combo worth trying if you like the bay rum type scents as the Lime goes to I am going to say the top notes and really just brings in this wonderful island vibe !

The Lucky Tiger as a pre-shave will play with more later not sure if it helped ? But did not get in the way and the scent blends well and is light the feel is great so will be fun to play with this more with some other soaps an could see it working unlike the proraso white which I cant stand the scent of but getting ahead of myself the pre shave testing will come later after the blades and after the soaps but again just playing once in a while along the way !

Old Spice enough said :) my fav classic AS splash but as I have said before Lucky Tiger after shave is going to take over its roll when I am all done with comparisons but the alcohol splash brings out a bit more so want to keep using it for that reason BUT I got some of the Cologne super cheap in a spray bottle and while not quite the same scent close enough to enjoy that on top as the Lucky Tiger splash fades so fast it wont get in the way of anything

65BF4A0F-4055-4245-88B5-47E33EC418C9.jpeg

The blades compared today
6058A9CB-5AD5-408A-ADCB-5B64AD94DB1B.jpeg

Todays blade Dorco Prime Platinum and my brain dump inbound hahahaha

thought this would be one shave and done but surprise surprise surprise :)

It was actually quite good and the post was also good ! Granted it had the easy side but setup for tomorrow to run it on the tough side and have the Nacet on the easy side of my face

the Dorco on the first WTG I kinda do some extra strokes down around my jaw line and I do say the Dorco was more comfy in a sleight bit with this WTG pass both the same sharpness feel but this Dorco was smoother ? And allowed me to do some passes without extra soap which I have to do with the Nacet :) so that was interesting
Now was that just the way it was today with the better staying slickness under the blade ? Or ?
I do know sometimes the Platinum blades have been good with this for me (coating?)

so another looking forward to tomorrows shave and excited to have a blade do well especially one I was kinda mentally ready to dump on :)
but might be ahead of myself ?

OH kit today just look at the pic above :) timeless and bay rum lime mix
as I am keeping the same setup going while I do the blades

but one small thing I did not in the pic because for me the focus of the blades was done ! So this was after the Old Spice to feel what the blades did !
decided to try my Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic and WOW that stuff is great feeling on the face and then with a touch of the Neutrogena facial perfection

1CCC13F6-FEBE-4DB6-9BB9-259208E324FD.jpeg

Shave kit today
9053E37B-A3C6-4F3C-A5E7-1CFFE3ED36B0.jpeg

Last edited:
2nd day with the Dorco Prime Platinum vs my base Nacet
and in the end about equal
I do think the Nacet is a touch sharper as it cuts the whiskers easier but maybe the Dorco is a touch comfy as far as the across the face part as I feel it less even though its not quite cutting as smooth if that makes any sense :)

the ATG pass with dorco on the tough side as the whiskers grow every way swirly :) I do think it was a touch more comfy so its one of those odd ones not sure what I like more the least resistance cutting or the more comfy cutting ? But in the end about the same spot as comfort when the splash hits the face which is a good thing and do wish I could mix the two qualities !
The thing will be once I put it up against the green 7 as that also has back and forth qualities with the Nacet
and the fact they are sub $10 for 100 is a good thing if they made it to the final cut (bad intended pun)
so a few more shaves and see what I think but most likely will kinda move forward to go against some others like the Treet that did OK and see which ones go forward

Dorco failed this morning :)
for sure the dull side showed up enough to move on so finished up the comparison with the Nacet as the base to compare
Dorco is not a bad blade for the money (but cost per shave not worth it for me) and still had a very good shave in the end

and the fact I am doing half shaves (one side per morning) that means it failed at the start of the 2nd full shave so is more one of those blades I feel that is a one shave and when the coating wears off it changes for the worst unlike some that seem to get sharper/better

did get some new body wash yesterday as I am trying to find my favorite again so got some cremo Heritage and seemed quite nice my boy has been using the other I like Nivea maximum hydration
sadly the Old Spice was changed enough it was not the same
cant stand when products change for the worse not the better ! And then ya have to go find a replacement

also picked up a Nivea with the charcoal to try and want to get the CeraVe bars that I know some use and since the CeraVe face wash is so good as is the cream they have might as well try it out

Last edited:
Todays blade to compare
Had a couple shaves on the blade already
So did the Nacet so they were in a even state
not quite as good as the Nacet

have one more that has one shave and will compare that to a Nacet that has one shave and do have a unused one left out of the tuck but unless the 1 shave one is better going to move forward we shall see

again never made the final of my blades so this is a going over again so doubt it is going to make it but still fun to try again

BC7F5285-43C1-4CBD-B418-202892F2BBE0.jpeg

decided to pull out my old fav of SV after so much CC Cream use and I love love SV but do think the CC Cream is beating out my SV in post comfort but the SV is a bit slicker with more residual slickness and is just amazing soap but ultimate comfort will be end goal :)

AD2640FB-E9F5-4BF6-B7D8-74EA37574510.jpeg

Another Bic vs my base Nacet and the Bic fell behind even more
is it one of those gets a touch duller type blades rather than better 2nd 3rd shaves ? I might think so ?

End result was OK and it was not as bad as some blades but not up to the Nacet in sharpness but the comfort was close (Nacet was better) so worth trying I reckon for most folks to know what you like

todays Kit

do love SV but again do think the CC Cream is going to end up beating it out in post comfort

1470905D-AABE-4B9D-81EA-1AED1F3D4B3A.jpeg

Last edited:
so last two days these guys went head to head :)
kinda went out of my norm everything against a Nacet but kinda fun to see how blades from the same company compare against each other also :) if they were close then I would put each one up on its own

the Platinum lux easily won out for me enough to say yeah clear winner
the Platinum being smoother and a bit sharper with better post comfort
going to come back around to the Platinum with another run against the Nacet directly

IMG_6944.jpeg

So you ever wonder what would win a shark or a alligator :)

for my face the alligator won by quite a bit

Also a good dolphin story below :)

I wanted the sharks to work but comfort wins out :)
main reason is I taught scuba for a good chunk of my life from 20s-40s and lead shark dives also :)

so first to compare

3A1B5294-4D08-47C6-BCAA-C47521C93684.jpeg

Super Chrome won out I thought quite easily just sharper and smoother so stepped out and compared these and then put the winner up against the shark platinum see what wins and then compare that winner to the Nacet was the idea and gave me an idea of which shark was best !
If I remember the super chrome was the better in my wolfman ? But still sub par to other blades
Now do I keep some around for shark week ? hmmmmm

OK next up the super chrome vs the Platinum
And the Platinum won out in comfort a touch but both were more alike in sharpness than different and again both were sub of the Nacet

663BB865-6178-4FB3-A680-EA147217EA27.jpeg

SO you already know the Nacet took out the sharks !
Sure many know this but dolphin can destroy sharks and have often been seen attacking them if they get near sometimes and they ram the sharks in the gill areas and can even kill a shark
while some sharks do eat dolphin its the weak or the old near death
HUH ! Why ? How ?
Maneuver much better and dolphin are in a pod and way faster so just superior in the water
also dolphin have been known to protect and help people in the past !

I have had a lot of dolphin interaction and its truly life changing to see them !

One time the other dive instructor said HEY look a pod of dolphins also had babies in the pod he jumped in and swam over and sure enough the older dolphins came and kept getting in his way and finally just moved him away but coming up to each side of him using pectoral fins and put them under him carrying him away but without hurting him

also had one come up to me as we were diving and get about 1 foot away from me he went up and down almost to mimic me and then looked into my eyes and you could totally tell he was truly looking at me and then did a circle around me !

ANYWAY the shark lost to the alligator in the end :)

D198C712-CF75-47A6-9D3D-32A8DD4D74CF.jpeg

Another blade comparison and it was one shave and moving on !

Super Max Stainless was not only dull but had that tug and tear feeling rather than just a duller blade
the post was close but the Nacet was better also

noticed some duller blades do OK when going XTG though and this was OK but man WTG and XTG you could feel the difference

230b0b32-0fe1-41a9-a414-0ae631f0d478-jpeg.1617307

my next blade comparison was another one and done
while this was dull did not have the tug that some have so just not me the nacet clearly won for me
post also fell behind so on to the next blade tomorrow

IMG_6957.jpeg

so alligator wins over tiger big time !
this one was HORRID I loved the color and looks but yeah so so so so so so bad tugging feel I did a couple strokes and said NO WAY and pulled out the next blade to compare but I did try another pass ATG and OH for me was so bad just tugging dull pain oh well moving on
I do say this has been the worst blade that I have tried I think as I cant remember any others being this painful to use :) so it does win as the worst blade for me YMMV of course :)

DF83D260-38AE-4CA6-A77D-7563FBF54E05.jpeg

So this was the next blade
and another one and done just kinda dull no real tug though
and I do have to say the post was very comfy when the splash hits the face I felt no razor burn that some sharp blades can build up so this is a balance for many of us comfort=post

1C2CE2C1-40AD-439C-B8A2-6796104A56B3.jpeg

So you ever wonder what would win a shark or a alligator :)

for my face the alligator won by quite a bit

Also a good dolphin story below :)

I wanted the sharks to work but comfort wins out :)
main reason is I taught scuba for a good chunk of my life from 20s-40s and lead shark dives also :)

so first to compare

View attachment 1616745

Super Chrome won out I thought quite easily just sharper and smoother so stepped out and compared these and then put the winner up against the shark platinum see what wins and then compare that winner to the Nacet was the idea and gave me an idea of which shark was best !
If I remember the super chrome was the better in my wolfman ? But still sub par to other blades
Now do I keep some around for shark week ? hmmmmm

OK next up the super chrome vs the Platinum
And the Platinum won out in comfort a touch but both were more alike in sharpness than different and again both were sub of the Nacet

View attachment 1616746

SO you already know the Nacet took out the sharks !
Sure many know this but dolphin can destroy sharks and have often been seen attacking them if they get near sometimes and they ram the sharks in the gill areas and can even kill a shark
while some sharks do eat dolphin its the weak or the old near death
HUH ! Why ? How ?
Maneuver much better and dolphin are in a pod and way faster so just superior in the water
also dolphin have been known to protect and help people in the past !

I have had a lot of dolphin interaction and its truly life changing to see them !

One time the other dive instructor said HEY look a pod of dolphins also had babies in the pod he jumped in and swam over and sure enough the older dolphins came and kept getting in his way and finally just moved him away but coming up to each side of him using pectoral fins and put them under him carrying him away but without hurting him

also had one come up to me as we were diving and get about 1 foot away from me he went up and down almost to mimic me and then looked into my eyes and you could totally tell he was truly looking at me and then did a circle around me !

ANYWAY the shark lost to the alligator in the end :)

View attachment 1616751

This was an epic battle of water dwellers!! I'm really enjoying these comparisons, thank you!!

Top Bottom