What's new

🪒 🪒 SOTD - “Vintage Razor Week”! September 5th, 2022 to September 11th, 2022 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
💈SOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.35 WRH 3/7 // ETHOS Succès Soap and Splash // Paladin Ichabod 26mm Disco // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp (1)
DEA0B6B5-60D1-400C-87BE-D6C8102F581D.jpeg

907D378C-68B2-4F89-A17A-971300A5CB15.jpeg

Slantember / Stirling September

Prep: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable

Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Soaps: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum (w/ dry dock system)
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleanser Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri
Post 3: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri Eau de Toilette

This was shave number two with the Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable. This time I intentionally dialed it down to 4 from my first run at the razor's max of 6.5. I did this to test the razor's end result when set to a more mild setting.

I did a three pass shave going with the grain for pass one, across the grain from inside out on pass two, then across the grain from outside in for pass three. For pass three I bumped the razor up to 5. Specifically when dealing with my neck I always go with the grain for pass one and against the grain for both passes two and three.

At setting 4 the razor felt ultra smooth. I have to say the head geometry of this razor is really good at providing a very comfortable shave. At setting 5 I begin to feel a little bit of blade, which I like. I found that shaving with these lower settings, the overall shaving experience was more comfortable but more spot treatment was needed to really complete the goal of a bbs shave.

This was also my first time using the Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri products. The scent is a take on Christian Dior's Fahrenheit for Men and in my opinion Stirling Soap Co. did a fantastic job with this scent! It's a complex and beautiful fragrance with leather, cedar, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, amber, nutmeg, and tonka bean. It's lightened up by citrus, lavender, chamomile, and soft floral notes. If this sounds even remotely appealing to you, do yourself a huge favor and try this when you can.

The Konsul Slant Adjustable continues to impress me. Its build quality is top-notch. I love the head geometry, the weight, the grip, the overall fit and finish.

All in all I had a great time and a fantastic shaving experience.

Shave on gentlemen 😉

TGIF SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D5)
Brush: Black Eagle Rhino Black Feather 25mm
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal Bowl 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Ethos Succès
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Ethos Succès Skin Food

View attachment 1519305
Slantember / Stirling September

Prep: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable

Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Soaps: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum (w/ dry dock system)
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleanser Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri
Post 3: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri Eau de Toilette

This was shave number two with the Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable. This time I intentionally dialed it down to 4 from my first run at the razor's max of 6.5. I did this to test the razor's end result when set to a more mild setting.

I did a three pass shave going with the grain for pass one, across the grain from inside out on pass two, then across the grain from outside in for pass three. For pass three I bumped the razor up to 5. Specifically when dealing with my neck I always go with the grain for pass one and against the grain for both passes two and three.

At setting 4 the razor felt ultra smooth. I have to say the head geometry of this razor is really good at providing a very comfortable shave. At setting 5 I begin to feel a little bit of blade, which I like. I found that shaving with these lower settings, the overall shaving experience was more comfortable but more spot treatment was needed to really complete the goal of a bbs shave.

This was also my first time using the Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri products. The scent is a take on Christian Dior's Fahrenheit for Men and in my opinion Stirling Soap Co. did a fantastic job with this scent! It's a complex and beautiful fragrance with leather, cedar, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, amber, nutmeg, and tonka bean. It's lightened up by citrus, lavender, chamomile, and soft floral notes. If this sounds even remotely appealing to you, do yourself a huge favor and try this when you can.

The Konsul Slant Adjustable continues to impress me. Its build quality is top-notch. I love the head geometry, the weight, the grip, the overall fit and finish.

All in all I had a great time and a fantastic shaving experience.

Shave on gentlemen 😉
Good post. 👍

Fri 9 SOTD with Vintage SR
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
This is really an easy soap to lather. The scent is just special...enhanced by the matching splash...
Despite having a partiality to heavier grinds...I do enjoy a nice full hollow edge and this razor did not disappoint. Super smooth & comfortable after the buffalo leather. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20220909_100541.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A6E66794-00B8-441D-A860-7AA9C3085387.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Power Mountain Water aftershave balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom