What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Has anyone here obtained a coticule from this recently found stash in Pennsylvania??

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
One of mine was meh, one is really good. The good one is 5x1 with a thick yellow layer and lots of manganese. Think I paid 100 bucks for it.

I have only used the 6x1 and it was a pretty good stone. Not very fast with slurry and pretty slow with water. More of a finisher I’d say. I gave a bit less than David as the label was only partial. The 5x1 I paid to much for it lol.

David

That one on the left looks vaguely familiar David ….
Yep! IIRC Jarrod from TSS hand picked that one during his trip to Ardennes and then sold it to you. You sold it to Gary, Gary sold it to a guy in Australia that later passed away and his friend sold it to me. It’s been around the block a time or two. It’s a really good stone.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Yep! IIRC Jarrod from TSS hand picked that one during his trip to Ardennes and then sold it to you. You sold it to Gary, Gary sold it to a guy in Australia that later passed away and his friend sold it to me. It’s been around the block a time or two. It’s a really good stone.

It’s fast, Jarrod thought maybe La Dressante. IIRC (long time ago) Jarrod said that when he toured the site, he was allowed to pick up and take a few pieces of ore - there were several and this was one of them, and one of the larger, nicer ones. Yellow coticule that thick isn’t an everyday occurrence.

Seems it needs it's own family tree. Love it though. Very nice David. It also seems a little dirt. That rock really gets around.

I have only used the 6x1 and it was a pretty good stone. Not very fast with slurry and pretty slow with water. More of a finisher I’d say. I gave a bit less than David as the label was only partial. The 5x1 I paid to much for it lol.
Thank you, Sir.

Reactions: Wid
Did you get one?

No, I didn't, and for the first time ever, I regretted not participating on Facebook.
But, a good friend in the UK let me know about them. I contacted a gentleman, and reviewed three of them, but decided to stand pat with the 3 Old Rock that I've got here.
I've got enough coticules, as I'm sure we all do, but I still look for that game changer... even though I probably already have as good as it gets.... But, one never knows.
And, there's the rub...

I've found great coticules by chance, and less than great. We just don't know until we touch a razor to them.

Reactions: Wid
No, I didn't, and for the first time ever, I regretted not participating on Facebook.
But, a good friend in the UK let me know about them. I contacted a gentleman, and reviewed three of them, but decided to stand pat with the 3 Old Rock that I've got here.
I've got enough coticules, as I'm sure we all do, but I still look for that game changer... even though I probably already have as good as it gets.... But, one never knows.
And, there's the rub...

I've found great coticules by chance, and less than great. We just don't know until we touch a razor to them.

What was your opinion of the ones you tried ?

David

And, there's the rub...

You’ve got a 6x2 LV from Ol Preu that I’m sure is pure fire. I believe you bought it from Gary? I’ve drooled over it for years now

@David Here is bout rustique for you.

IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0786.JPG
IMG_0787.JPG

Top Bottom