What's new

Timeless Tuesdays!

I can rock the Slim OC plate with two or more days growth. But, the .95 OC makes a great daily driver.
What is this thing "two or more days of growth "... 😉

Jokes aside, you definitely have a point here if you compare these two plates directly.

The .95 OC SS plate, however, seems to be plenty efficient. Rubbing ATG with my fingets I hardly could feel any stubble (other than the patch I unintendedly missed under the jaw line) 10 hours subsequent to the shave.

All I can say in this very early stage is this appears to be one splendid plate. Comfortable, but efficient. 😀

Happy shaves!

I’m starting it off ‘cause it’s almost Tuesday!
B92A4479-F46C-4774-94D1-B24E526A14B0.jpeg

Timeless Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Great shave today with my Timeless .95 Stainless Steel Matte Finish.

20220726_054147.jpg

Sat out this Timeless Tuesday to
maintain a level of consistency in my testing of Shark blades for the first time this week. Trying to find the best of the three, for science of course and a bit of fun. 🦈🦈🦈

Be back next week!

4th straight shave with my new .95 OC SS and I’m in heaven. I recently traded for a Blackbird and this Timeless, used both once and haven’t touched the BB since. Besides the great shave it’s just fun to rinse (this plate is amazing). I probably save a gallon of water a shave which is great since we are camping for several weeks. Great sessions everyone!

View attachment 1486730
Timeless Slim 0.5 Open Comb
This has really piqued my curiosity!

Question: Having never experienced and open-comb, does the slim/mild blade gap of .5 mm, plus the geometry of the open-comb, then provide an aggressive shave?

The reason I ask is because I'm intrigued by Timeless, but note blade gaps (I think) only go up to .95. I'm pretty sure I'd want something a bit more aggressive and curious if the OC feature adds that aggressiveness?

Question: Having never experienced and open-comb, does the slim/mild blade gap of .5 mm, plus the geometry of the open-comb, then provide an aggressive shave?

The reason I ask is because I'm intrigued by Timeless, but note blade gaps (I think) only go up to .95. I'm pretty sure I'd want something a bit more aggressive and curious if the OC feature adds that aggressiveness?
Of course YMMV, but those two in the middle should provide the “aggressiveness and efficiency” you are striving for.

Attachments

• 32296A83-53C0-458B-BC4C-24459508A1FC.jpeg
    32296A83-53C0-458B-BC4C-24459508A1FC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
Scalloped OC? What blade gaps do you suggest?
The bronze .78mm is an Open comb bar with scalloped cap. Please don’t let the .78 fool you, it is all the aggressiveness you could need, (IMHO).

The other little guy next to the bronze is the Timeless Ti, (also comes in SS), .5mm slim. Probably the most efficient razor in my current rotation. My version is also Open comb bar with scalloped cap.

Timeless has a very educational website as well for you to visit. It may help you determine the best fit for your face. They also pick up the phone over there so you can ask Matt, (one of the owners) for some advice as well.

Last edited:
The bronze .78mm is an Open comb bar with scalloped cap. Please don’t let the .78 fool you, it is all the aggressiveness you could need, (IMHO).

The other little guy next to the bronze is the Timeless Ti, (also comes in SS), .5mm slim. Probably the most efficient razor in my current rotation. My version is also Open comb bar with scalloped cap.

Timeless has a very educational website as well for you to visit. It may help you determine the best fit for your face. They also pick up the phone over there so you can ask Matt, (one of the owners) for some advice as well.
Thanks- I'm seriously considering a Timeless and it's a bit of a challenge trying to determine specs/choices. For example, my current razor (Yates 921H) has a blade gap of 1.05 mm with a solid bar. I realize that going down in blade gap (e.g. .68 mm) and introducing the open comb, may (possibly?) make a razor more aggressive than going up in blade gap with the solid bar (1.05 to 1.15 let's say). I don't want to derail the Timeless thread, so I may start a separate thread on this topic.

How do you, personally, define aggressiveness?

I'm not poking at you. I just want to know what comes you your mind when aggressiveness is concerned.

I guess "aggressiveness" is one of the most used terms on this board ("smoothness" being the close second 😉), however, it is not used unanimously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom