What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - West Coast Shaving” July 18th, 2022 to July 24th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD Friday July 22 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Feather (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG_0275.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, July 22nd/ 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021>, Excellent tame mid range, interesting simple design for clamping a blade, small head parts so I assemble under wash cloth. One of the best shaves I get consistently from this razor. Affordable also.
Blade : Schick Proline p30(3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX, nice fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24mm boar bristle, Excellent lather generator, heavenly soft split end bristle hair, nice scrubber + excellent painter. Nicely broke boar brush.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30 50mm blade.
SOTD July 22 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /Pinaud Clubman Shave Butter
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG Pink
Brush: AoS Silvertip
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Alum/Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Brush
Omega Hi Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL 13 +++
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This was my first shave with the Henson aggressive razor. I loaded it with a fresh Wizamet blade. The razor did a wonderful job of getting all the whiskers and giving me a BBS shave. The brush, a Shavemac 177, does a superb job of making lather and it feels great on the face. A perfect shave. Have a good one and weekend, gents.

I haven’t been keeping up to date on posting shaves, too much going on. But here’s a general update:

D29CAE85-0EC6-4800-9898-6844CDD6E8E6.jpeg
2736551B-FE06-489C-B08F-A33FAEC6F976.jpeg

My father in-law passed away at 94 years old. He was quite a good guy and I learned a lot from him. He fought in WWII served in Battle of the Bulge, Rhineland and Central Europe, earning a Purple Heart.

The two good looking ladies above are my mother in-law and wife. The razor a Gillette L-1 was the razor he was using just before he passed away. I cleaned it up a bit and took it for a spin, I used a Tatra Platinum Premium blade and some Chicago Razorook shaving soap. The result was DFS no cuts or nicks.

I didn’t even know there was a London Bridge razor blade, evidently that was his favorite razor blade. I may have to order some, keeping his as momentous.

Lastly I finally managed to cut myself with my Henson razor, I didn’t think it was possible but I was wrong. I was wrong once before, hopefully that’s the last time, but I have a sneaky suspicion it won’t be.

7/21/22
Reef Point Sublime
Vie-Long 13052
5/8 Robert Klaas "Kissing Cranes"
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Clubman Citrus Musk
George F. Trumper Lime Skin Food
Hove Limes des Buras
SOTD7-21-22.jpg

7/22/22
Omega Eucalyptus