What's new

What razor am I missing out on?

Want to purchase a new DE razor and l am looking for recommendations on something different or a razor that would really be worth acquiring. Not interested in adjustables or vintage. Open to suggestions from a wide range of criteria. Could be based on efficiency, comfort, aesthetics, unique shave experience, etc. Current den rotation includes;
Feather AS-D2, Razorock GC .84 SB, Muhle R41 GS, Blackland Blackbird polished titanium SB, charcoal goods brass gen3 lvl2

Was possibly considering a TI .95 slim but wanted to explore other options first.
I enjoy efficiency but don't want to completely sacrifice comfort either. I also have a medium coarse beard and shave daily. Thanks in advance!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I heartily endorse the Above the Tie Windsor with the plate or plates of your choice, but if you want something different, you might try one of their slants. The SE1 is unique, but I am more interested in the S1.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My simple answer for everything.... no, not 42 but the Executive Shaving Co. Claymore Evolution. Artist Club single blade razor. I just mowed down 4 days growth of old man, grey, bristly whiskers like it was nothing. Almost BBS on the second pass.... but I lathered up anyway and did a very quick 3rd pass, paying attention to the problem places on my face.

Something different.... AC single blade shaving... Try it... you might love it.

PS: if you live in the States and are looking at Executive Shaving Co products, make sure to put them in the cart to see the US price. We don't have to pay their VAT tax on products shipped here.

Was possibly considering a TI .95 slim but wanted to explore other options first.
I enjoy efficiency but don't want to completely sacrifice comfort either.

The Timeless Ti Slim will sueprise you.

I am using the Ti Slim SB for the past 20 days with a Feather blade. The combination of the low blade gap (0.5mm) and high blade exposure (0.05mm) is blended in a perfect geometry to give a gentle, smooth yet extremely efficient shave at the right angle.

I've been shaving 20 days straight, getting bbs in 2 passes (1.5 is pretty good too). This razor is meant for a quick shave, it delivers that. Not a single weeper, nick or razor burn once you master its angle of attack. It's more efficient that my Ti 0.95 scalloped bar.

I've got middle age coarse moderately dense beard.

This IS a razor you're missing out on.

Want to purchase a new DE razor and l am looking for recommendations on something different or a razor that would really be worth acquiring. Not interested in adjustables or vintage. Open to suggestions from a wide range of criteria. Could be based on efficiency, comfort, aesthetics, unique shave experience, etc. Current den rotation includes;
Feather AS-D2, Razorock GC .84 SB, Muhle R41 GS, Blackland Blackbird polished titanium SB, charcoal goods brass gen3 lvl2

I enjoy efficiency but don't want to completely sacrifice comfort either. I also have a medium coarse beard and shave daily. Thanks in advance!
The Ti95 isn't the slim version, that would be the .5 but according to Matt it is a more aggressive razor than the .95 and the main reason is because of the plate geometry being different which makes the blade exposure due to the blade protruding at a flatter angle.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

Karve Overlander or the Henson AL13 mild, mid range are the talk lately it seems. Smooth efficient razors and not overly aggressive for great daily shaving.

The Ti95 isn't the slim version, that would be the .5 but according to Matt it is a more aggressive razor than the .95 and the main reason is because of the plate geometry being different which makes the blade exposure due to the blade protruding at a flatter angle.
My mistake. You're right, I meant the .5 slim

I highly recommend the Smart Helix Apollo. It has 2 sides, one aggressive and one mild although to me there is not a huge difference, just enough. It is well made, good knurling, has good heft, comes with a pin style stand. Cool box with a locking ring that keeps the razor secure during shipping.
IMG_2755.JPEG

They are made in Kharkiv Ukraine (web page says it was designed by engineers there) so I am not certain they can be acquired now. Perhaps someone else has been able to get one recently and can tell us if they are still shipping them. If so they are definitely not shipping from Kharkiv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom