What's new

Karve Overlander

I had my first shave with the Overlander this morning and I am impressed. Shave angle is very intuitive and the shave is SMOOTH! The handle has a good grip and overall fit and finish is superb. Chris hit this one out of the ballpark! I used a Personna Platinum blade and Arianna & Evans soap for an outstanding efficient shave. I always have problems on my jaw line and neck and I was impressed how efficient it was in those areas as well as the rest of my face.

2_14 SWS.jpg

This is my setup for the week. Man, that Overlander is a great shaver, and NO IRRITATION! I have been stubble free for almost 12 hours, and that is without chasing the baby! If I had to compare it to something else, for me it delivers a fantastic, smooth, and drama-free shave the way my Schick Hydro-magic injector delivers. It feels like cheating!

My Overlander arrived today and already a head shave with it. The Razor is very hefty but extremely smooth and efficient as advertised. It sped up my head shave by at least 25 percent due to less strokes required. The craftsmanship is impeccable, even little things like how smooth the threading on the top cap is was a delight. Overall, extremely impressive on first try. Will use it for a neck shave tomorrow

I had a CB and had a love hate relationship with it so finally sold it. I caved and ordered an Overlander and so far I am super impressed with it.
Thank you.....that's good to know. Hoping I feel the same about the Overlander. I prefer using a steeper angle and the CB didn't like that so much. I read the Overlander was designed more for steep angle saving.....so here I am waiting on it to ship....lol.

I did as well. Going to give Karve another go. Didn't care for the Christopher Bradley, but hoping this one will be better for me.

The CB didn't work for me and I have at least 5 plates. The D plate was not efficient enough and the E plate added a lot of blade feel, blade exposure and a lot of discomfort without increasing efficiency (for me). The F plate? I should have stopped at E.

The Karve is the opposite. It feels mild but I get an easy BBS. In my initial review I thought it wasn't as close as some of the other razors I have (listed in the review), but I am thinking about revising that because I'm finding the BBS lasts longer.

If I could change anything it would be I would like to see the razor with a polished brass finish.

Top Bottom