What's new

Karve Overlander

I never noticed that on my Overlander, CG or Yates brass razors.

I haven’t noticed any smell at all.
I echo these gents. I used the CB exclusively for almost 18 months, and no smell. Believe me, I touched my face a lot, feeling how smooth it felt! :letterk1:

Worst case, you put on the BST for a few hours before someone snags it!
(the preceding statement is not based in reality. Yet. :shifty:)

Thank you.....that's good to know. Hoping I feel the same about the Overlander. I prefer using a steeper angle and the CB didn't like that so much. I read the Overlander was designed more for steep angle saving.....so here I am waiting on it to ship....lol.
Just got mine yesterday.
Out of my 6 different razors I’d say the CB (which I like very much) has the shallowest angle and the Overlander the steepest. Actually I thought the Overlander was noticeably steeper than any of my other razors.
The first shave yielded v. good results.
Neck passes (WTG-XTG-ATG) were super comfortable.
I’m excited to see the shaves I’ll be getting in a couple of weeks

Just got mine yesterday.
Out of my 6 different razors I’d say the CB (which I like very much) has the shallowest angle and the Overlander the steepest. Actually I thought the Overlander was noticeably steeper than any of my other razors.
The first shave yielded v. good results.
Neck passes (WTG-XTG-ATG) were super comfortable.
I’m excited to see the shaves I’ll be getting in a couple of weeks
Thank you for the feedback. Sounding more and more like a razor that I'm going to enjoy.

With my 5th outing with the Overlander, this Razor gets me to BBS far easier and the BBS lasts noticeably longer. Usually my head shaves I will feel hair grown back by 10 hours but all my Overlander shaves have hit the 13-14 mark even

4 shaves in and I’m enjoying how different the Overlander is.
Just weighed (most) of my razors…

Overlander Brass 112.8 g (w/blade)
Karve CB Aluminum 34.5 g
Razorock Gamechanger .84 (SS) 92.0 g
Gillette Slim Adj (Ni plated Brass) 70.4 g
Fatip Piccolo (Gold plated Brass) 73.9 g

So it’s my heaviest razor by quite a stretch. And in all honesty I rarely use the GC so the jump is almost 40g from the Fatip and the Overlander is >3x the weight of my #1, the Christopher Bradley with 3-inch handle and top cap cutouts.

The shaves have been very nice…I wouldn’t quite say the Overlander gets quite as close as the CB with SB-D plate but it’s a more comfortable shave (CB is still quite comfortable IMHO) and is on par with the Fatip Piccolo.

I am however, having a bit of a fight to get nice and tight under the nose/nostrils.
I got it today but that was after a lot of back and forth and playing with angles.
Next time I’ll be able to tailor my approach much more quickly I presume.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
With my 5th outing with the Overlander, this Razor gets me to BBS far easier and the BBS lasts noticeably longer. Usually my head shaves I will feel hair grown back by 10 hours but all my Overlander shaves have hit the 13-14 mark even
High praise! As I don't shave my head, may I assume it is also great for the face?

It shaves STEEP, which is its major selling point for me, as the Karve CB goes very much against my preference with its more shallow angle.

I hope there will be a steel version. Most of my razors are steel by now, got too much of a snob for zamac and I am not a fan of brass patina and cleaning. I love my brass shield in Elden Ring though. 😁✌️

High praise! As I don't shave my head, may I assume it is also great for the face?

It shaves STEEP, which is its major selling point for me, as the Karve CB goes very much against my preference with its more shallow angle.

I hope there will be a steel version. Most of my razors are steel by now, got too much of a snob for zamac and I am not a fan of brass patina and cleaning. I love my brass shield in Elden Ring though. 😁✌️
I have a beard so i unfortunately don't shave my face however i do shave my neck and it's by far the most comfortable razor for me when using it against the grain specifically. More comfortable then my super speed, mamba 53 or Rockwell T2 turned to a 1!

It is my first brass Razor and i was a little apprehensive about getting it over the aluminum one but so far it's a joy and it's the one Razor I always take part and towel and air dry after each shave (everything else I'll just dip the head in a jar full of isopropyl alcohol and let air dry)

I received mine this week and gave it a go this morning. I tried the CB back last year and didn't like it. The Overlander is a different experience. I prefer using a steeper angle while shaving and the CB didn't really like that method. The Overlander had no issues with using a steeper angle....felt smooth and comfortable with no irritation. Efficiency is not quite on par with my top favorites, but I'll try multiple blades to see if that helps. So far I like it. Nice design and construction.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Just gave puppy dog eyes to my Bride and might be getting one of these brassterpieces in two months or so.

To clarify, I made a facial expression akin to a sharpei puppy begging a human caretaker for food scraps and did not actually hand canine eyeballs to the love of my life.

I'm not sure there is the ultimate blade for the Overlander. Think it comes down to personal preference. I have used Astra SP's, Gillette & Personna Platinums and I can't say one is better than the other. Still have some blade stash to try, but so far those three work well.

Top Bottom