What's new

Assistance Required Deleting Facebook Account!

Short take - I'm unable to login to a never used FB account to try to delete it.

Long take - Since the account is never used they require verification with top secret codes through three friends of FB's choosing. But since I didn't predesignate the three friends they don't get the secret code for the FB decoder ring and are told they aren't a trusted source instead. OMG! I can't find any place to email FB that doesn't return the same insane joke. A possible definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result...

I guess I need to write my Congressman asking for an act from God for Zuck to free me from the chains of the new META. Unless someone has another idea, I'm all ears!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Best wishes. I've been trying to delete my mother's account after she passed away. Even though I sent them everything they wanted they said they couldn't verify she had passed away. The only thing as difficult is trying to get into a Google account I lost the password for. Nothing works for that short of giving up and creating a new email to use Google Docs..

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm interested if anyone has a solution. I haven't used FB in years, and when I try to sign in to delete it it wants verification from my old email...that the provider has since closed down, and the other email addy from the provider also closed a few months ago.

I just said to hell with it.

I also dumped google as a search engine. What I use now is faster and cleaner.

Just leave it.
Delete your picture, all the information about you, your pictures and videos, etc'.
Then it will be a nameless useless account that will disappear rapidly and will at some point probably deleted by FB.
Zuck won't allow even logging into the account. See replies above, good to know I'm not the only one. This is not cool.

Last edited:

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Zuck won't allow even logging into the account. See replies above, good to know I'm not the only one. This is not cool.

Wow, that's tough. But wait, you actually have the password and the access to the email you have originally registered with on FB?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Crazy stuff. I’m no help with this issue but sorry to see this. I saw a news post the other day actually about a reporters closed account that was reopened. Fb must need the numbers.

Wow, that's tough. But wait, you actually have the password and the access to the email you have originally registered with on FB?
Yup. I'm using a new computer FB detects a new browser and requires verification which is impossible to do, see post 1. So I brought the old computer into the house no go also. FB required the same impossible verification procedure, don't recall what the reason was though.

@Rhody might be right, some how they get paid keeping the numbers artificially inflated. @FarmerTan there's more life in Data's face than Zucks imo.

Last edited:
Try the following steps

To permanently delete your account:

Tap
proxy.php
in the top right of Facebook.

Scroll down and tap Settings.
Scroll down to the Your Facebook information section and tap Account ownership and control.
Tap Deactivation and deletion, and select Delete Account.
Tap Continue to account deletion and select Delete Account.

Best wishes. I've been trying to delete my mother's account after she passed away. Even though I sent them everything they wanted they said they couldn't verify she had passed away. The only thing as difficult is trying to get into a Google account I lost the password for. Nothing works for that short of giving up and creating a new email to use Google Docs..
Were you able to find a way to talk to a real person. If so do you recall how you did that?

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The funny thing is I tried it a while ago and it was easier to just delete the app from all my devices and just tell myself and everyone I don’t have FaceBook.

I think if you do actually get to the delete page it’s not instant. I’m pretty sure it stays inactive for X amount of time so if you decide “hmm, I changed my mind” you can log back in with our username/pass and presto! It’s like you never left. So you can “delete” your account, but FB doesn’t remove your entire FB existence from their servers.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Had the same problem after an ill-advised membership some years ago (ten or more I reckon). I had thought I had killed it properly, but nooooooooo ..They still occasionally forward notices about logging in to see what's going on .. sure. It is a wonder there are still people clueless enough to join up, but then again PT Barnum (or his ghostwriter) was likely right.

Hoping someone has an effective cure for Facebookitis ...

I can still access my dummy face-bloat account created more than a decade ago using a dummy email. I can't remember the last time I accessed it. If Zuck-face deleted all the dummy accounts, he'd lose influence and money.

A friend living in FL had an unusual way to delete his account. He asked to have his account deleted but it was supposedly deactivated. However, he was still getting emails about posts.

After President Trump was banned my friend started to make political and other posts that were contra to FB's philosophy. He was suspended a number of times or as he put it was put in FB jail. He then posted articles critical of FB and again started with his political posts. He was given a warning about these posts and threatened with being banned. He then posted articles about the presidential election including one that dealt with FB's censors. About two weeks later he was told he was permanently banned! All of his material, he says, is no longer accessible on FB.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
After President Trump was banned my friend started to make political and other posts that were contra to FB's philosophy. He was suspended a number of times or as he put it was put in FB jail.

Well, political and other posts against FB's philosophy are one thing, I was banned forever for one short song about Zucky. No foul language either. But it was strong and I guess someone up there really did not like it.

Top Bottom