What's new

Assistance Required Deleting Facebook Account!

Well, political and other posts against FB's philosophy are one thing, I was banned forever for one short song about Zucky. No foul language either. But it was strong and I guess someone up there really did not like it.
This gives me an idea. Create a new FB account see if I can link to my old one and trash the oligarch and his buddys on both accounts to get banned!

The downside I'll have two FB accounts I can't get rid of, lol.

Anyone else here think that Zuckerjerk looks like Data from Star Trek?

Man creeps me out.
No, and that's because it diminishes Data's character and Brent's Spinner contribution to the act, besides, he was brilliantly and constructively naive. Zuckerberg's 1000 yards gaze reminds me of a certain teutonic chap whose foiled plan was World Domination. I loathe everything Meta, unfortunately enough, I know too well how hard it is to get out of the system, all necessary credentials provided. Just forget about it and never login as @simon1 said.

Last edited:
Somehow I was able to communicate in a really weird bot-ty sort of way with "Privacy Operations" from the "Facebook Team" and miraculously logged into the account today and deleted it. Sort of, I have 30 days to repent and beg forgiveness from The Zuck to keep the account, or OTOH 30 days to make sure they do what they say.

In 31 days will report back if a free man - or not. Woo! Hoo!

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1640751827090.png

Last edited:
Follow up. Asked SWMBO and the kids to find me on FB. No can do.

Even though the 30 day grace period is up didn't try to login not wanting to tempt fate and have Zuck restart the clock or full on reinstate the account.

Looks like I'm:

Last edited:
You need to be aware that Facebook gas other routes of keeping your account from total deletion post 30 days.

If you use Facebook login or have tied any third party websites who offer Facebook login, or if you have messenger installed or Instagram or Spotify or patreon or whatsapp linked to Facebook, it will call it a no go as these other accounts will need your Facebook to be alive.
Any such inadvertent clicks and you reset the delete clock countdown timer.

Last edited:
Thank you for that @luv2shave. Not a problem. I never loaded up an avatar or a single picture on FB, definitely didn't link it to anything or use it to login into any sites. Because I didn't use it at all FB couldn't answer the question; what's the point? for me.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was fortunate to have deleted FB five years ago and it was confusing enough then. B&B is my only social media now.
I just realized that I have not been on Fakebook this year. Of course, with my memory, who knows?

So, I guess I won't be back on. My wife pretty much has the same friends I need to hear from/about.

I'll continue to use Messenger, as my son calls me on it for free, because it doesn't cost me any minutes from my TracFone. Also have a few wacko friends that send me wacko pictures and things.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just realized that I have not been on Fakebook this year. Of course, with my memory, who knows?

So, I guess I won't be back on. My wife pretty much has the same friends I need to hear from/about.

I'll continue to use Messenger, as my son calls me on it for free, because it doesn't cost me any minutes from my TracFone. Also have a few wacko friends that send me wacko pictures and things.
My wife keeps in touch with her friends and family on it. I don’t have any friends anymore.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thank you for that @luv2shave. Not a problem. I never loaded up an avatar or a single picture on FB, definitely didn't link it to anything or use it to login into any sites. Because I didn't use it at all FB couldn't answer the question; what's the point? for me.
Your avatar is one of my heroes

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in three years, there would be a shortage of sand”

Milton Friedman

Top Bottom