What's new

Gillette Platinum - Where Have You Been?

Any Gillette blade is a winner for me, I'm not going to lie, I could use any Gillette blade for the rest of my life and I would be happy with it.

I just scored a ten pack of the Gillette Heritage blades, the ones they sell at Walgreens and major department stores, they are great!!!!!! one of the best blades I have used in months!!!!! so freaking sharp, but so smooth, smoother then anything I have used in a long long long long time.

They look like this. I paid $5.99 for 10 blades so that's over two months worth of shaves, since I replace the blade every Monday morning.

View attachment 1295595
I completely agree that these are phenomenal blades. I found 2 10 packs on eBay for way less than retail and I just got the safety razor that comes with 5 more so I’ve got a decent little collection going. I’m on shave 5 of my latest one and it just keeps going.

I used my first Gillette Platinum this morning and it is another first rate blade! Some have speculated that Platinums are repackaged as King C. Gillette blades. Maybe that may be the case, but after going through 10 KCG blades, the Platinums felt different to me. The Platinums felt better.
That’s excellent to read because I just ordered 100 Platinums and am curious to see how it compares to a KCG.

My favourite blades. Bought 1000 of them, those with dark blue letters. They`re still available in Poland along with those with light blue pack which as far as I know are the same blades. They just changed packaging and the letters on blades are made using laser, same story like with newer Astras SP. Fantastic blades jut like all blades made in Petersburg.
Where can you get 1,000 blades? This would be enough for a long long time.

@Green Bob I bought them at polish "ebay" called allegro - 1000 pieces costs 330PLN which is ~ 83.49 US Dollars.

They also sell them on ebay but for way more, 134,70$

I just used a Gillette Platinum today out if one of my sample tucks. I have the dark Royal blue colour tucks, one with the older round dot on the letter i and another with the newer razor slant dot on the i. The one I used today was the tuck with the round dot and ink printed blade........ I have to say, What a fantastic buttery smooth shave in the Rocca R94. I was very impressed.

Top Bottom