What's new

Gillette Platinum - Where Have You Been?

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
Got a pack of these in a mixed bundle, tried one in my R41. Amazing. Probably best DE shave yet. Smooth, sharp. I use Gillette yellows normally but I am a convert.

Are these a well kept secret? I don't seem them being mentioned on here.

Got a pack of these in a mixed bundle, tried one in my R41. Amazing. Probably best DE shave yet. Smooth, sharp. I use Gillette yellows normally but I am a convert.

Are these a well kept secret? I don't seem them being mentioned on here.
Yes it is a secret, please keep it secret. We have them for 79 eurocent per 5 downhere in a B&M store. Do not tell Gillette these are great blades :)

Light blue is Gillette Silver Blue ("GSB") it is not platinum coated it is stainless steel
No, there are 2 boxes of Platinums, light blue for the European market, dark blue for Arab countries and possibly others. For me they are the same blade in different packing, but not every one agrees on that ;-) I use them both. The 79 cent ones are the light blue package (top)
Gillett Platinum.JPG

Nobody is talking about Silver Blue. Please refer to @Wil_D photos. They are different blades and shave different in my experience.
Timor1322 is maybe not from Europe, perhaps he has never seen the light blue pack. Here we have the luxury of having both packs available.

Timor1322 is maybe not from Europe, perhaps he has never seen the light blue pack. Here we have the luxury of having both packs available.
Both were available here for 2-3 months only. Then they decided to market the dark blues to Arab countries, after they were available here for decades as a European only product. We now have only light blue since the end of 2019.

Different blades for sure

prefer the light blue over the dark blue.

ow and there are more platinums

Attachments

• 6B17ED63-A5C5-4636-B088-77C35067B31B.jpeg
    6B17ED63-A5C5-4636-B088-77C35067B31B.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 6751FAC5-CBF7-4FAA-B707-A8189FCC0C78.jpeg
    6751FAC5-CBF7-4FAA-B707-A8189FCC0C78.jpeg
    8.4 MB · Views: 99
  • 4AC0E131-C3C3-4182-8AE9-37866646A2C8.png
    4AC0E131-C3C3-4182-8AE9-37866646A2C8.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 97
Any Gillette blade is a winner for me, I'm not going to lie, I could use any Gillette blade for the rest of my life and I would be happy with it.

I just scored a ten pack of the Gillette Heritage blades, the ones they sell at Walgreens and major department stores, they are great!!!!!! one of the best blades I have used in months!!!!! so freaking sharp, but so smooth, smoother then anything I have used in a long long long long time.

They look like this. I paid $5.99 for 10 blades so that's over two months worth of shaves, since I replace the blade every Monday morning.

1626107376069.png

I've used Gillette Platinums and find they're comparable to Astra SPs for me (of course, YMMV). That means they're very good blades for me, but I still prefer Lord Platinums and Lord Super Chromes over them (by a hair). Also, my favorite of the blades I've tried so far is still the LOI Titanium Salon Quality.

Top Bottom