What's new

Lupo stainless?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have the Lupo 95 and the Wunderbar. The Wunderbar is more aggressive, meaning it is more ready to bite. There is more bladefeel with the Wunderbar. The Lupo has a "mild" bladefeel, you feel the blade, but in a good way. Efficiency is close imo, both are very efficient, it depends on the blade more than the choice between the two razors. Where the Lupo wins by a mile is smoothness and maneuverability. The head is much more compact, it reaches the hard to get places happily, wheres the Wunderbar needs some trickery, like pulling the skin to the flat area etc. My neck has concave areas, so this matters to me. if your neck is more flat, then this will not matter.

I think Lupo 95 will not be a problem for you if you can shave with the Wunderbar. It is like a walk in the park, compared to the Wunderbar.

As you can tell, I love the Lupo, I admire the Wunderbar, but haven't mastered it to the level of the Lupo. The Lupo was something special from the 1st shave.

I agree. I have both the Wunderbar and the various Lupo razors.

In my opinion the Wunderbar is smoother and more efficient. However, the Wunderbar is also prone to biting. Once mastered, the Wunderbar is a truly excellent razor. However, it is not an easy razor to master. Anyone attempting to tame it should commit to using it daily for a month or two.

Having said all that, I am talking only from my experience and what I've read. Probably there are some guys who could never master the Wunderbar and others who might be old pros with it from day one.

The Lupo razors are also very good and much easier to learn.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I preferred the 95 Lupo over the Wunderbar. I found the Lupo easier to use while still being efficient and smooth. The Wunderbar is a great razor, but will bite if not careful. Lupo 95 is not as efficient as the Wunderbar, but efficient enough for BBS daily shaves.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I am still undecided about the Lupo 95. I had the Aluminum and the DLC, and those both didn’t make the cut. Got the 95 a while ago and have not bonded with it at all. I wanted to give the Lupo one more legitimate shot at a spot in my rotation. I am on a road trip right now, and took the 95 and a variety of blades. I am a huge Wolfman fan, and was hoping the Lupo 95 would be a great travel razor, as I would never take a Wolf out on the road. But I am not getting agreeable results, and it bit me a couple of times, which is a rare occurrence for me. The shave results should be much closer than they are. I am very close to giving up on the 95. I am going home for one day tomorrow, then heading back out Saturday for ten more days. That will be do or die time for the 95. If it doesn’t click by then, I’m afraid it’s going. Shame because it’s a great looking razor that should be right in my sweet spot as per the specs and lineage.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have to agree with most folks experiences of the above comparing the 2nd Gen Lupo to the Wunderbar, I have the Lupo.72 & Wunderbar and I will use the Lupo more often. Is it is better to me as a daily driver yes, as a more aggressive razor no. The Wunderbar with a light touch will blow the socks off any razor almost out there for getting a super smooth close shave but it lets you know who is boss. All I use is a 2 pass with both razors and the Wunderbar barley edges out my Lupo.72 for closeness I used my Wunderbar this morning in the Slantemper month for slants & received a BBS (cotton ball tested). There is not a lot of differences in the Lupo.72 & .95 blade exposure but for ease of use the 2nd Gen Lupo.72 will win out over the Wunderbar slant.
What Razorock did also incorporate a little more Guard span making it a different feel of the blade in Lupo.95, The lip of the safety bar on the .95 is a little slimmer. Refer to other pictures posted by other members post #913. Refer razor chart on Guard span.
(Pictures below show blade exposures are so very similar)
lupo .95 (2)(3).jpg
Still001 Razorock Lupo,72 + Gillette 7oClock SS blade.jpg

Safety_Razor_Parameters_around_Blade_Cutting_Edge (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
I am still undecided about the Lupo 95. I had the Aluminum and the DLC, and those both didn’t make the cut. Got the 95 a while ago and have not bonded with it at all. I wanted to give the Lupo one more legitimate shot at a spot in my rotation. I am on a road trip right now, and took the 95 and a variety of blades. I am a huge Wolfman fan, and was hoping the Lupo 95 would be a great travel razor, as I would never take a Wolf out on the road. But I am not getting agreeable results, and it bit me a couple of times, which is a rare occurrence for me. The shave results should be much closer than they are. I am very close to giving up on the 95. I am going home for one day tomorrow, then heading back out Saturday for ten more days. That will be do or die time for the 95. If it doesn’t click by then, I’m afraid it’s going. Shame because it’s a great looking razor that should be right in my sweet spot as per the specs and lineage.
I have grown to realize that I really didn't need my Lupo .95. I have a number of razors I like equally and a couple I prefer to it, which includes the Gamechanger .84.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have grown to realize that I really didn't need my Lupo .95. I have a number of razors I like equally and a couple I prefer to it, which includes the Gamechanger .84.
Unfortunately the GC84 has gotten spit out from the back of the pack a while ago. It is a masterful razor. A great design. But it doesn’t shave close enough for me any more. With a fleet of Wolfman, Charcoal Goods, and other top shelf razors, the GC84,and the Lupo 95 for that matter, can’t keep up. I dont have the heart to sell the GC yet. But I can’t bring myself to use it these days.

Thanks for your reply. I've been using WUNDERBAR for four months and I'm impressed by its aggressiveness. I think it's looking for opportunities to bite me all the time, and I'm tired of dealing with it. After I got the BBS standard, I sold WUNDERBAR for the first time. I want to buy Lupo now. The aggressiveness is between BBS and WUNDERBAR. I hope 72 is a good choice.
My native language is not English, so it is generated by translation tools.
thanks again.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Unfortunately the GC84 has gotten spit out from the back of the pack a while ago. It is a masterful razor. A great design. But it doesn’t shave close enough for me any more. With a fleet of Wolfman, Charcoal Goods, and other top shelf razors, the GC84,and the Lupo 95 for that matter, can’t keep up. I dont have the heart to sell the GC yet. But I can’t bring myself to use it these days.

Although I have several (not all) of the Game Changer models, I've used only the 68 enough to be sure of what I think about it. I think I like it better than the Lupo razors. The 68 is very very smooth.

I know I like my Wolfman WR2 1.15 more than any of my RR razors. (And RR makes some good razors.)

That's not to say I might not change my mind down the road.

My Wolfman and my FOSC: Two very hard to beat razors.

YMMV.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That's the beauty of this whole thing. We all prefer different things! I'm a 2-razor shaver. I usually use a Wunderbar or a German 37 for the first pass and clean up with either a GC .84, SLOC, or Lupo .95.

I'm one of those folks who stopped using my Timeless after I got a Gamechanger. (Really should get around to selling that one!).

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Although I have several (not all) of the Game Changer models, I've used only the 68 enough to be sure of what I think about it. I think I like it better than the Lupo razors. The 68 is very very smooth.

I know I like my Wolfman WR2 1.15 more than any of my RR razors. (And RR makes some good razors.)

That's not to say I might not change my mind down the road.

My Wolfman and my FOSC: Two very hard to beat razors.

YMMV.

Happy shaves,

Jim

This is the only reason I've kept my name on the Wolfman list, the WR2 1.15. It may be the only razor to edge out my Lupo .72. But...if not...I have the Lupo .72! My Wolfman razors...I'll always be able to sell those and recoup at least some of the money I paid for them.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Dear Lupo enthusiasts,

Which of the two plates is goodest for cap-surfing? Also, does the dummy thicc clamping surface make shaving steep smoother than with your other DE favorites used the same way?

Thanks for your answers

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I received the lupo today. The new vintage handle is indeed vintage inspired meaning it’s tiny. I feel like a giant holding it 😂
The finish on the rr razors just don’t blow me away like say a timeless piece. I was hoping the lupo would be more impressive but nope. Hopefully I can give it a go tomorrow

I received the lupo today. The new vintage handle is indeed vintage inspired meaning it’s tiny. I feel like a giant holding it 😂
The finish on the rr razors just don’t blow me away like say a timeless piece. I was hoping the lupo would be more impressive but nope. Hopefully I can give it a go tomorrow
So, you're saying the Lupo looks like it came out of a mechanic's socket set? (Tools not jewels, is the Italian Barber line).
:laugh:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
So, you're saying the Lupo looks like it came out of a mechanic's socket set? (Tools not jewels, is the Italian Barber line).
:laugh:
I guess I’m being overly critical but the rr stuff just has a certain look. I can’t put my finger on it but maybe ya the Sears craftsman socket wrench look. Fortunately I have several other rr handles because I’m thinking I might need this thing on an adult size handle. 😂😁
An old friend would say in a similar situation, looks great. Does it come in men’s? 😂😁🤪

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I guess I’m being overly critical but the rr stuff just has a certain look. I can’t put my finger on it but maybe ya the Sears craftsman socket wrench look. Fortunately I have several other rr handles because I’m thinking I might need this thing on an adult size handle. 😂😁
An old friend would say in a similar situation, looks great. Does it come in men’s? 😂😁🤪

That's all you do. Throw the head on another handle...one you like. Great shaver! Hoping you have a very positive experience with it.

Dear Lupo enthusiasts,

Which of the two plates is goodest for cap-surfing? Also, does the dummy thicc clamping surface make shaving steep smoother than with your other DE favorites used the same way?

Thanks for your answers

Although I have both - 72 and 95 - I can't really give an opinion in regards to cap surfing (riding the cap?). For me the Lupo seems to shine using a steeper angle. Indeed, the snug clamping of the blade towards the end gives me very smooth shaves and especially ATG is one of the best. Similar to my Fatip grande and nowhere near as jittery as my Rocca r95 going ATG. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom