What's new

What TV series you watching?

White Lotus (HBO).

For a comedy, I don't recall laughing at anything throughout the entire series. For a drama, it was shallow, & predictable, character development & plot were thin and uninteresting. Not sure how it made it to production because it wasn't funny or drama-filled. Would not recommend. It was quite bad. I was into it enough though, I had to finish the series. Glad it was only 6 episodes.

Also finished Band of Brothers for the up-teenth time. That one never gets old.

I dunno when CMT, Country Music Television, morphed into Sitcom Central, but at least they show top-notch ones. I settled in last night for a couple of hours of Last Man Standing with Tim Allen and the gorgeous girls who play his daughters; a very funny series with pointed cracks about our society.

Then it was time for episodes of the Chuck Lorre series Mom, with Anna Faris and Allison Janney as daughter and mother recovering alcoholics. A more different series from Lorre's Two and a Half Men is hard to imagine. It's also funny but touching, and more low-key than Lorre's usual productions, but extremely effective. Jaime Pressly (the loud trailer-trash ex-wife on My Name Is Earl) deserves an Emmy for her work here as a member of Anna and Allison's AA group.

Last edited:
I dunno when CMT, Country Music Television, morphed into Sitcom Central, but at least they show top-notch ones. I settled in last night for a couple of hours of Last Man Standing with Tim Allen and the gorgeous girls who play his daughters; a very funny series with pointed cracks about our society.

Then it was time for episodes of the Chuck Lorre series Mom, with Anna Faris and Allison Janney as daughter and mother recovering alcoholics. A more different series from Lorre's Two and a Half Men is hard to imagine. It's also funny but touching, and more low-key than Lorre's usual productions, but extremely effective. Jaime Pressly (the loud trailer-trash ex-wife on My Name Is Earl) deserves an Emmy for her work here as a member of Anna and Allison's AA group.

I remember watching CMT when it was country, and not pop-tarts with sequines and a fake drawl. My wife and I loved what they did with the last season of Last Man Standing, when they replaced the short, dark-haired daughter with a tall blonde, and carried on as if nothing had changed (except for some subtle comments). Mom is one of my wife's favorite shows. I usually only watch the parts with Allison Janney. She's a trip. Lately we've been re-watching Waiting For God. A great Brit series from the 1990s about getting old.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
NCIS, for about the 5th time. I do keep checking out the newer shows and occasionally find a keeper (Lucifer is interesting), but I find the most enjoyment between NCIS and The West Wing.

Started watching Clarksons Farm. Jeremy Clarkson tries to actually farm the huge farm he owns.
I just finished the final episode last night - why on earth would anyone want to be a farmer?? The weather, the bureaucracy, the sheer frustration, it would drive me to drink. But, living in the Cotswolds, with a Lambo tractor, no neighbours...

• Haha
Reactions: Anu

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ok. Judgement free zone here, right?

Virgin River on Netflix.

Honestly, I'm ONLY watching it for the beautiful scenery. Honestly.
There is lots of stuff on Netflix that is basically Hallmark romance stories with better production values, seriously.

But Netflix original content stuff has things on there that ain't exactly family friendly.

I highly recommend "Friendly TV" or however it is spelled for help in controlling your cable TV bill. "Frndly" TV may be it's name. Seriously, look it up. Was awesome this past winter for sitting by the fire next to my lovely War Department, sharing some homegrown organic popcorn and watching my waistline expand!

Top Bottom