What's new

What TV series you watching?

I just finished re-watching the first season of "Evil". I was so disappointed when they chose to move from network TV and run the second season on Paramount streaming which I don't have. I enjoyed the show and definitely would have watched the second season but it's not worth it for me to have to add another streaming service.

I'm flashing back to my grade school years by re-watching the gothic soap "Dark Shadows" starting at the point where vampire Barnabas Collins first appears in Collinwood. The show really captures the early days of television where budgets were low and they shot the show live with no time or money for re-shoots so you catch actors flubbing their lines, set issues and other such things. There's a lot of nostalgia in that alone beside just the content of the show. I'm just starting the second season. I'm not sure if the transition to color happened in the second or third season but it's holding up for me so far despite moving a bit slow at times. I suppose that can sometimes be expected when you're doing a daily show five days a week for nine months out of the year.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Watchman (HBO) series. I’m savoring it. Was a little confusing at times. Not familiar with the comic book or backstory but it’s a fantastic series. I’ve got 2 episodes left.

I just finished watching the mentalist, and now i just started white collar.. just to fill the time until the new season starts,
i hear you about Evil, if the trend is to move stuff to streaming services,i wont be paying, i run plex with an antenna, we use prime and next day hulu. So far, im good.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Squid Game, a South Korean survival drama series in nine parts on Netflix - fantastic! UK television and movies have been deteriorating for years and for me are now almost unwatchable. South Korean, Japanese, and other South Asian television and movies are far superior in my view.

Only Murders in this Building. It's a treat.
We just started this one. I personally am not loving it so far. I will keep watching.

Ted Lasso seems to have taken a major dive! That is really too bad! This latest season of Money Heist is not grabbing me either.

Probably all for the better. Perhaps I am watching too much TV!

Im really trying to like Only Murders cause it checks a lot boxes for me but something about it seems off, it’s just not doing it for me. The best part so far is the apartment interiors.
We just started this one. I personally am not loving it so far. I will keep watching.

Ted Lasso seems to have taken a major dive! That is really too bad! This latest season of Money Heist is not grabbing me either.

Probably all for the better. Perhaps I am watching too much TV!

Squid Game, a South Korean survival drama series in nine parts on Netflix - fantastic! UK television and movies have been deteriorating for years and for me are now almost unwatchable. South Korean, Japanese, and other South Asian television and movies are far superior in my view.

The original Japanese film Gojira was far, far better than the U.S. Godzilla film that I grew up with as a kid in the 1950s. The Japanese version of Rodan was also better than the U.S. version. Train to Busan was one of the best zombie films my wife and I have seen since seeing Night of the Living Dead on a date at a drive-in in 1968, and Dawn of the Dead in the 70s. My wife and I canceled NF some time ago and haven't seen the sequel to Busan.

We're getting old & blood-lust is gone. These days most nights we watch "Waiting For God".

Last edited:
Top Bottom