What's new

Where is the Tallow?!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Find the Tabac tallow. . .

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 4.02.30 PM.png

just went through the whole 42 pages. I see, panic hoarding is still a thing, but during the pandemic others are fighting for the last meters of bogroll, you are stocking up of several lifetimes supply of tabac...

tbh when I visited a shave store first time I loved the tabac smell (I have no historic bonding with the product) but decided against buying it. Now, thanks to the pandemic driven logistical/shipping nightmare, this lovely country is basically out of Tabac, all sold out and next shipments are uncertain at best. So out of curiosity I placed an order to a UK supplier, I have no idea will it be the old or the reformed formula but I don't really care. I like the scent, I expect great lather and I still have plenty other products to fall back on. And this is ARKO August, isn't it? :)

thanks for the entertaining tho

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Slight setback…. I ordered a puck of the new formula to test it( I have a stash of the old one)

my parcel showed up but… it wasn’t my parcel. Someone else is hoarding Tabac but the old formula (shave sticks refills). No new puck!

the shipping label is mine, the order slip inside is for some else. I’ve contacted the seller, someone else got my puck(and a few other things).

It seems that there is no new formula sticks yet, is this correct?

I ordered a few sticks a couple months back before Tabac-gate and they are all tallow. A couple of friends stocked up recently after I told them to (10-12 sticks total from Fendrihan, Amazon, etc. in Canada) and all are apparently tallow.

Anyone see “vegan” Tabac sticks/refills yet?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It seems that there is no new formula sticks yet, is this correct?

I ordered a few sticks a couple months back before Tabac-gate and they are all tallow. A couple of friends stocked up recently after I told them to (10-12 sticks total from Fendrihan, Amazon, etc. in Canada) and all are apparently tallow.

Anyone see “vegan” Tabac sticks/refills yet?

the shave stick still has tallow as far as I know.

I did not see the new formula on shave sticks yet. The package that I have is coming from the UK and they still sell the tallow shave stick and non-tallow puck refills

The tallow is alive and well in the EU,I think that you Americans got the wrong end of the stick :)

View attachment 1314964
The reason why this particular department store chain still offers the Tallow version pucks might be their higher retail prices. Why should anyone buy a refill pick with a retail price of 12 EUR (that’s been the price I saw two weeks ago in our local Galeria store) vs less than 8 Euro in a shop next door (Müller and the like).
This will likely change due to people who seek for the tallow version. It'll be only a question of time imo until the store you highlighted will switch to the new formula pucks as well...

Furthermore I don't think the stick will be available in the tallow version on the long run, too. Time will tell.

Last edited:
This thread will have to last another 8 months or so before I use up the tallow formula Tabac puck I just opened and replace it with whatever is being sold then. But by coincidence, I just finished my last tallow formula Haslinger (aloe) and decided to open a non-tallow one (sage) right away for comparison purposes. Both are excellent. With the vegan formula, I very quickly produced a lot more lather than I needed, very rich and creamy. How this is a step down I genuinely don't know. But Haslinger hasn't changed its scents, at least that I can tell. if Tabac does that, well, imo that would be a foolish move of New Coke proportions.

Top Bottom