What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

First go with the blackbird
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I dont know if this counts. It is in the middle of the scale of gaps for Wolfman. But it does provide one heck of a close and smooth shave. Beats the pants of that 95 Lupo Ive been testing. Thats for sure. Amazing razor. If i were forced at gunpoint to sell off my giant collection of razors except for one single razor, right now it would be this one. Amazing razor.

PAA Starcraft / PAA Organism / Wolfman WR2 1.15 / Perma Sharp Gold / 42 Splash

2021-06-23 10.02.38.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I dont know if this counts. It is in the middle of the scale of gaps for Wolfman. But it does provide one heck of a close and smooth shave. Beats the pants of that 95 Lupo Ive been testing. Thats for sure. Amazing razor. If i were forced at gunpoint to sell off my giant collection of razors except for one single razor, right now it would be this one. Amazing razor.

View attachment 1286170

I think of the Lupo 95 as high efficiency, so if it's better...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 1286170

Good enough for me. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June
shave 20210623_084544_2.jpg

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Complete shaving notes here:

Good shave. :cool:

June High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-W_2021-06-23.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Cream: La Toja Classic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Personna Red (6)
ASL: Hogwarts Express [home brew]

A magical shave. :sorcerer:

I decided on an outdoor experience for this (indoor) shave. The actual shave was permeated with La Toja's classic seafront aroma and finished off with a trip to Platform 9¾. (I'm still enjoying the steam train scent which is pretty powerful.)

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I think of the Lupo 95 as high efficiency, so if it's better...
The Wolf 1.15 shaves me closer than the Lupo.95, but it is so much smoother in the face feel. Glides over the skin with ease, and wipes away the stubble efficiently. It is an absolute joy to use. More so than any other razor I have tried. Fit, finish, balance, grip, shave performance are all mind blowing. I also have a 1.25, but that adds a little additional blade feel into the equation, in exchange for a small bump up in the efficiency and overall shave results. Right now, I am enjoying the added smoothness of the 1.15 versus the extra efficiency of the 1.25. I waffle back and forth on that preference since I got the 1.25 back in January. If I didn’t have those Wolfs, I imagine I’d be loving the Lupo 95. But at this point in my shave journey, it can’t really hang with the current rotation. I have decided to keep it though. I am still intrigued by it for some reason. I may get a 72 baseplate just for yuks next time I put in an IB order. I think the Lupo is going to punt the BBS razor and the Mamba 70 to the BST soon.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Wolf 1.15 shaves me closer than the Lupo.95, but it is so much smoother in the face feel. Glides over the skin with ease, and wipes away the stubble efficiently. It is an absolute joy to use. More so than any other razor I have tried. Fit, finish, balance, grip, shave performance are all mind blowing. I also have a 1.25, but that adds a little additional blade feel into the equation, in exchange for a small bump up in the efficiency and overall shave results. Right now, I am enjoying the added smoothness of the 1.15 versus the extra efficiency of the 1.25. I waffle back and forth on that preference since I got the 1.25 back in January. If I didn’t have those Wolfs, I imagine I’d be loving the Lupo 95. But at this point in my shave journey, it can’t really hang with the current rotation. I have decided to keep it though. I am still intrigued by it for some reason. I may get a 72 baseplate just for yuks next time I put in an IB order. I think the Lupo is going to punt the BBS razor and the Mamba 70 to the BST soon.

I would very much be interested in hearing how you compare the Wolfman 1.15 with any other efficient razors (or non efficient razors for that matter) you've used.

I've not used or even seen in anything but photos a Wolfman. Maybe one day I'll order one, but not until I believe I might have a chance of ordering the right Wolfman.

I've tried a few razors (well, maybe that's an understatement) and like a lot of them. In many ways the FOCS is my favorite in that it has a great mixture (balance) of efficiency and smoothness + it has a super low tendency to bite me. However, I am searching for a similar razor in terms of smoothness and propensity to bite, but with more efficiency.

Sometimes more efficiency means more tendency to razor burn (or at least more tendency to feel post shave that the skin is a bit "overdone.").

I'm currently testing a number of high efficiency razors and kinda enjoying the Mühle Rocca R95.

I am not a person who believe he understands exactly what goes into the design and engineering of a really good razor. I think there are a lot of variables beyond blade exposure and gap, and too many exceptions to most rules.

I'm very glad you like the Wolfman 1.15 so much, and talk about it. The reviews of Wolfman gaps are all over the place.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom