What's new

LIME! LIME! LIME! Recommendations?

The only lime that I used is Captain's Choice lime, which my wife also uses. It has a strong lime scent and it performs well. Scott, at Captain's, has samples available as well.

^^^ This ^^^
I have both the soap and aftershave and they are superb.
I have Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic too, but for a pure lime scent, CC is my fav.
If I want a good lime after shave with a kick of menthol, I'll use Bootlegger's Arctic Lime Blast.

Henri et Victoria Lime is excellent. One of my favourite and most used summer scents. Very nice, fresh scent and good performance. Not expensive either.

I have heard great things about the Citrus Kiss from Executing Shaving, but I could not find it available from US vendors so never got to try it.

Add me to the list of Captains Choice Lime users. I bought the Captain's choice Lime Balm as well and it is very nice. Captain's Choice soaps make a very nice creamy lather. I haven't tried his shaving creams so I comment on those. Spearhead shaving will be releasing Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime in the next couple of weeks. I love the Seaforth! Heather so I expect it will end up in my mailbox before the month is over.

Castle Forbes can’t be beat.
Disagree, and X gets the square.

Castle Forbes, to me, has an undertone of shoe polish. Yes, it starts with a bright lime scent, but beneath it is the shoe polish. Every time.

For a really amazing pure lime scent, try:

Mystic Waters Lime (my favorite)

Mike's Lime (really nice) Note: both of these are soaps.

For creams, which I no longer use, try:

Trumper's Lime. Not a pure lime, but very pleasant. Has a tiny hint of floral to it, to my nose

Truefitt and Hill's West Indian Limes. Not even close to a pure lime; derided by some for having a somewhat artificial lime note. But for some reason I really like this one. (This scent is much nicer in their bath soap, which is huge and is well worth the considerable price, if you are also into bath soaps like i am. The T&H West Indian Limes bath soap is one of probably the four or five best bath soaps I have ever tried, and the scent is AMAZING! Too bad they couldn't find a way to get the bath soap scent into the shaving cream.

Having said all that, my number one choice is Mystic Waters. Pure lime scent, just the right strength, no funky overtones or undertones, scent lasts all the way to the last shave of the puck. In my personal opinion, Mystic Waters lime soap cannot be topped.

I quite like Soap Commander "Respect" (Lime & Patchouli). It's a nice clean and refreshing citrus/lime scent, is Vegan if you care about that, and has very decent slickness.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I received TOBS Lime Zest a few days ago. I haven't used it yet, but I trust that the performance is as good as all of the TOBS creams I've used/tried. To my nose, it isn't a straight lime scent...it has some subtle woody notes...maybe cedarwood...that tone down the lime. It's very nice, but if you're looking for the back of your mouth to water when you take a whiff...this won't do it for you. Captain's Choice Lime was a kick up in comparison to the TOBS Lime Zest.

I received TOBS Lime Zest a few days ago. I haven't used it yet, but I trust that the performance is as good as all of the TOBS creams I've used/tried. To my nose, it isn't a straight lime scent...it has some subtle woody notes...maybe cedarwood...that tone down the lime. It's very nice, but if you're looking for the back of your mouth to water when you take a whiff...this won't do it for you. Captain's Choice Lime was a kick up in comparison to the TOBS Lime Zest.
I agree. In my limited experience all TOBS creams have very subtle scent. As I enjoy soaps/creams that are strongly scented, TOBS in general doesn't cut it for me. That said, they are excellent performers.

I'm certainly not a lime expert, but I have really been enjoying Col. Conk Lime soap. It's a glycerin based soap, so makes it slick, so may help your glide while shaving as well. It was, as I understand, formulated with straight razors in mind.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm certainly not a lime expert, but I have really been enjoying Col. Conk Lime soap. It's a glycerin based soap, so makes it slick, so may help your glide while shaving as well. It was, as I understand, formulated with straight razors in mind.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
This is true! The soap was designed with straights in mind to provide ultimate slickness. While it does (especially the new formula) provide good post-shave, its strong point is definitely the slick-factor!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
And howabout lime pre-shave soap for some extra lime goodness?

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 10.33.55 AM.png

Top Bottom